It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atlantis Found: Giant Sphinxes, Pyramids In Bermuda Triangle

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by JiggyPotamus
I have long believed that Atlantis was a real city, but I think the most probable location is on the southern coast of Spain, where there are huge mudflats. There are probably multiple cities, huge cities, beneath those mudflats. This is the best bet, in my opinion, for Atlantis.
This is what I thought too. In fact an interesting point to and add to this (but not really related to the OP)

The discription of the Spanish Mudflat find sounded a lot like the burial place of Medusa (of Ancient Greek fame)

Could the body of Medusa been taken to the ruins of Atlantis?

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Byrd

It's so funny that you dropped by to add a line, Byrd.
I can quote your messages from that 2002 thread too....

But I won't.
As much as I wish to see the real Atlantis found...
I still believe it's either buried under Antarctica, or somewhere in South America.
Or maybe it is still lost in the vast area of un-explored regions we call oceans.

Thanks for your input, as it is regarded as gospel by yours truly.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by NeoVain

I saw this a couple of months ago with the actual ocean bottom scans, it showed what looked like a mayan city with pyramids. The article never mentioned Atlantis but was off the coast of Cuba. The article I read was authentic, look for underwater city found off the coast of Cuba.

Here is a link news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Another video with many more actual pics and actual video footage of the site right here. Not many doubters left after this i think...

And another from some Tv Channel in spanish i think.

edit on 23-1-2013 by NeoVain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by NeoVain

I'm sorry, but that video didn't really prove anything. At first I was hoping for some one on the video to say something, but alas it didn't happen.

I'm not going to say that this find isn't real, but what I am saying is that those two Phd holders need to provide better evidence.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Maybe its all the ships that have sunk turned upside down on the ocean floor?

Why only one picture?

Still, im interested to see more.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Guyfriday
reply to post by NeoVain

I'm sorry, but that video didn't really prove anything. At first I was hoping for some one on the video to say something, but alas it didn't happen.

I'm not going to say that this find isn't real, but what I am saying is that those two Phd holders need to provide better evidence.

Check the second video i just added. They speak quite alot in that one.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by NeoVain
Not really since they just used the same video you posted as part of the "Triangle" discussion.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 08:58 PM
link   
i think atlantis is more of a metaphor that represents many cultures lost during sea level rise, im sure the original story was based on a real place, but i doubt we will ever truly find ''the real'' Atlantis, and everytime someone finds another underwater city they are instictively going to call it Atlantis. Just have a look at the recent investigations into Doggerland and how much they are starting to uncover there where they once thought it was just barren and always uninhabited.

Mainstream archeology has a lot to answer for if they are going to continually stick to the story that modern civilisation is less that 5000 years old, or 10,000 at best. I truly beleive that we could have been building megalithic type monuments as far back as 20,000, maybe even 50,000 years ago. Just have a look at Gobekli Tepe to see how little we really know about our past. The official work is that we didnt possibly possess the technological know how to build structures like this untill around 4500 years ago, yet the bottom layers have been dated to about 11500 years ago. If we could accomplish something like that almost 8000 years before the official story says we could, how can the mainstream stick so vehemently to the dogmatic idea that civilisation is still so young?

I find it hard to beleive that we have been anotomically identical for about 200,000 years, but we sat around twiddling our thumbs for 190,000 years then exploded all of a sudden

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 09:02 PM
link   
The article refers only to 2001/2002, so this is recycled... and honestly - if atlantis had been discovered 10 years ago, wouldnt we have something concrete by now, like someone pulling up a piece of stone with markings at least?

Also if you read right to the bottom you'll see the source is BIN...
edit on 23-1-2013 by cartesia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 09:05 PM
link   
The picture looks like a model made from flour and water... by a third grader. I call BS, wish it were real though.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 09:17 PM
link   
I have to say for many reasons, I hope this turns out to be the real deal! Hopefully soon we can all know.
S & F!

Here's what I found on it.
A Research Journal Here

Video 1

About seven years ago the news went around the world and all over the net. National Geographic published an article on their web site and had plans to cover the whole story and follow up with more invertigations. In 2005 they walked out of the deal. Some say it had to do with Cuba/USA relationship and other believe it goes "DEEPER" than that. Paulina says she needs $2,000,000.00 to go back and drill through the pyramids and see what is inside. She wants to recover artifacts. She has now moved over to other projects near Mexico because she needs to make a living.

Video 2 *Updated 2009*

Despite some degree of publicity, these outrageous findings have still not been publicized for the outside world. On this second part you will get to see Zelitskys pyramid, from submersible view, compared with Bent Pyramid of Dashur. You will also see the link to see two short videos of to monoliths or pyramids.

ALSO Wiki
edit on 23-1-2013 by Staroth because: more cow bell

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 09:17 PM
link   
I clicked on this with pure interest and childlike excitement, how ever after reading the thread, the article and the sources I'm extremely skeptical. I can believe something could have been found there but of what significance. They can find ancient ruins, but all the times they've gone looking for lost ships, planes, people they find absolutely nothing. I know finding a lost craft is hard, but something like this could have been found while looking for wreckage much sooner. I just can't bite, and the discovery is over 10 years old.

I will refrain from clicking on anything like this that isn't authored by slayer from now on.

OP interesting story, but i have a hard time taking any of it as fact...

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Guyfriday

Not really since they just used the same video you posted as part of the "Triangle" discussion.

The obvious is lost on you i see.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Very neat. I don't really care if it is "Atlantis" or not. The idea that
there are ancient pyramids and sphinxes are just cool. I hope more information
comes to light, and soon.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 10:48 PM
link   

The obvious is lost on you i see.
Possibly, what exactly am I supose to be seeing?

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 10:53 PM
link   
It's R'yleh don't go there, you'll doom us all!

Sing him back to sleep

edit on 23-1-2013 by zonetripper2065 because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-1-2013 by zonetripper2065 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Read about this stuff somewhere a while back. It was in separate articles. Sounds kinda legit but without further evidence and research and a willingness for the present archeologists to accept it if proven true, this will go nowhere.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 11:06 PM
link   
I think its pretty silly to assume this is Atlantis. If they were only 600ft down a simple fish finder would locate them. I want to know more about this "crystal pyramid" they claim to have discovered as well. Its cool enough to find these structures underwater without having to label it as 'Atlantis'.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by BeReasonable
i think atlantis is more of a metaphor that represents many cultures lost during sea level rise, im sure the original story was based on a real place, but i doubt we will ever truly find ''the real'' Atlantis, and everytime someone finds another underwater city they are instictively going to call it Atlantis. Just have a look at the recent investigations into Doggerland and how much they are starting to uncover there where they once thought it was just barren and always uninhabited.

Mainstream archeology has a lot to answer for if they are going to continually stick to the story that modern civilisation is less that 5000 years old, or 10,000 at best. I truly beleive that we could have been building megalithic type monuments as far back as 20,000, maybe even 50,000 years ago. Just have a look at Gobekli Tepe to see how little we really know about our past. The official work is that we didnt possibly possess the technological know how to build structures like this untill around 4500 years ago, yet the bottom layers have been dated to about 11500 years ago. If we could accomplish something like that almost 8000 years before the official story says we could, how can the mainstream stick so vehemently to the dogmatic idea that civilisation is still so young?

I find it hard to beleive that we have been anotomically identical for about 200,000 years, but we sat around twiddling our thumbs for 190,000 years then exploded all of a sudden

At one time Troy was thought to only be a myth too, if it is out there and is more than just the imaginings of Plato then it is quite possible that one day it will be found. There is an undeniable allure and attraction to wanting to know more of the time that era is said to have taken place in. There is something nostalgic and magical in letting the mind wander to the possibility that maybe, just maybe some civilizations from that era were significantly more advanced than currently believed.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join