It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atlantis Found: Giant Sphinxes, Pyramids In Bermuda Triangle

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   
yeh this was 2001 ive been trying to find more on this myself

news.bbc.co.uk...

link   
There is a Wiki about it.

Sonar images interpreted as being symmetrical and geometric stone structures resembling an urban complex were first recorded in early 2001 covering an area of 2 square kilometres (200 ha) at depths of between 600 metres (2,000 ft) and 750 metres (2,460 ft).

Zalitzki said "It's a really wonderful structure which really looks like it could have been a large urban centre, However, it would be totally irresponsible to say what it was before we have evidence."

Professor of Oceanography Robert Ballard was quoted as saying "That's too deep, I'd be surprised if it was human. You have to ask yourself, how did it get there? I've looked at a lot of sonar images in my life, and it can be sort of like looking at an ink blot -- people can sometimes see what they want to see. I'll just wait for a bit more data."

So, I'm guessing something was found but no one knows exactly what it is?
edit on 23-1-2013 by tport17 because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by Mickles
Now with these pyramids being located in the bermuda triangle which is a known hotspot for aircraft disappearances,.

Actually, it is not. That is just an urban myth.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cancerwarrior
I thought this was old news from 2004 or so? Zelitski said she wanted to go back several times but could not get funding or something last i heard. That was several years ago.

You are correct, they knew something was there back then, but this thread is about their new expedition done at the end of 2012, with this being the first account of it i have seen so far.

It seems they eventually got their funding together, even affording that submarine robot to scout the area. The sphinxes where found now, and where not known before, as it seems.

edit on 23-1-2013 by NeoVain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Atlantis or not, I love this pic!

Absolutely cool find. Why aren't more people jumping on this. Who cares about Atlantis? Those are some interesting buildings from possibly 12000 years ago.

E.T.A. As my excitement wears off, I wonder to myself how something 12000 years old and under water, looks to be in such good condition?
edit on 23-1-2013 by Doodle19815 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 06:31 PM
link   
I'm very skeptical of these sources. Seemingly amazing discoveries like these always end up on shoddy blogs with poor images and written with huge leaps.

If any other websites report on this, somebody please post it.

If there are indeed pyramids and "several sphinxs" on the ocean floor, I will be completely amazed.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   
If showing surveillance plane footage used during missile strikes and cheesy computer animations featuring a cartoon star-gate is proof of anything, it's that people are lazy.

This would be a huge coup for Castro's regime and they kept it quiet?

lol

btw the above picture looks like something I saw in a commercial sub tour off Oahu oddly also called Atlantis though at a depth of 100 feet max - its important to remember that below 300 feet it would be very dark at 2000 feet it would be pitch black.

OMG it's Atlantis look at the sign!!!!!!

edit on 23-1-2013 by circuitsports because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Doodle19815

If they find large stone heads, then we can bet it was a city of the Olmec people.

When these anthropologists saw underwater images of this city, and saw some stone monoliths, some symbol, and inscriptions, they identified with Olmec motifs. They were very surprised.”

The ancient Olmec civilization is believed to have been centred around the southern Gulf Coast of Mexico area (today the states of Veracruz and Tabasco) - further south east than the heart of the Aztec empire. The Olmec culture developed in the centuries before 1200BC (BCE), and declined around 400BC.

www.aztec-history.com...

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doodle19815
Atlantis or not, I love this pic!

Absolutely cool find. Why aren't more people jumping on this. Who cares about Atlantis? Those are some interesting buildings from possibly 12000 years ago.

E.T.A. As my excitement wears off, I wonder to myself how something 12000 years old and under water, looks to be in such good condition?
edit on 23-1-2013 by Doodle19815 because: (no reason given)

Maybe the depth have something to do with that. its is 600-800 meters below surface, at this depth the pressure is much higher and the water much calmer than at the surface. It is even too deep for human divers to traverse there, so submarines are absolutely required, which means there is not much room for exploration other than from remote cameras.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   
except that it's metal and not stone, it would last 100 years maybe at that thickness - the Titanic is proof of that.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by circuitsports

its important to remember that below 300 feet it would be very dark at 2000 feet it would be pitch black.

It´s called a flashlight/spotlight, they use it on their submarines to illuminate things, and they work fine even in pitch-black conditions. It´s amazing really.

They found the city with sonar beforehand though. You might have to look up what a sonar is yourself

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by NeoVain

Well, that could certainly be the case....

I would have no idea. I do know that that singular pic left me starving for more.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by InTheLight

Thank you for the link. I wonder if someone can visually compare the stone types to correspond them together?

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Doodle19815

Fascinating isn't it? Here's the land mass in that area around 10,000 BC; the ice age.

www.iceagenow.com...

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by havok

Originally posted by Wide-Eyes
reply to post by havok

Legit or not, I want to know more.

Wanna know more? OK!

This same exact theory was talked about in 2001. HERE!
Then, ultra_pheonix wrote an ATS thread about it in 2002: HERE!
Giving me the impression that this idea has been floating around this site for around a decade.
With replies, responses, and the same skepticism.
Talk about an original thread...

I highly doubt they found Atlantis off the coast of Cuba.
Now, I'm not claiming they didn't. It would be awesome if it was true.
I just doubt it.

Interesting not a single member starred your post! Anyway, very cool that you pulled those up from the archives of ATS.

So do you suppose this information is just now going viral because anything that was discovered has already been OKed by the powers that be? I mean to say that more than a decade has passed since the discovery and so it leads me to wonder if there has been a collaboration with Governmental officials to find out more before it went totally public. Wonder what secrets have now been hidden? A Stargate perhaps? Something even more mysterious? Underwater ET base? This is exciting no matter how you look at it.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by chrome413

I haven't read all of the responses yet but had to comment to you... that is exactly what I thought of once I read the OP's article. Wasn't there some sort of prophecy/prediction in relation to something happening once Atlantis rose again or something to that affect?

ETA: SnF OP - although it is being said that this isn't NEW news - it's new to me and therefore I am super excited. I truly hope its legit and just being kept kind of quiet for some reason rather than just a long winded hoax!
edit on 23-1-2013 by AnonyJai because: ETA

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Yes, it is the area and Cayce said Atlantis was the size of Europe.

www.edgarcayce.org...

edit on 23-1-2013 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by NeoVain

Awesome, S@F

I love how all of these underwater ruins are being found around the world.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnonyJai

I haven't read all of the responses yet but had to comment to you... that is exactly what I thought of once I read the OP's article. Wasn't there some sort of prophecy/prediction in relation to something happening once Atlantis rose again or something to that affect?

ETA: SnF OP - although it is being said that this isn't NEW news - it's new to me and therefore I am super excited. I truly hope its legit and just being kept kind of quiet for some reason rather than just a long winded hoax!
edit on 23-1-2013 by AnonyJai because: ETA

The area have been known about for some time it seems, but there is some new info now about the sphinxes and more detailed maps of the area in these newer articles than was present in the older ones..

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 07:18 PM
link   
wow, ionly peoplewulamoreatntion

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join