It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atlantis Found: Giant Sphinxes, Pyramids In Bermuda Triangle

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer
reply to post by intrptr

They are never going to find Atlantis, it doesn't exist

LOL and how do you know that. There are examples of cities that people thought didnt exist and have now been found.....

I mean they will never find the "Fabled" Atlantis that everyone today speaks of. The magical city with airships and crystal power pyramids BS? I see others have concluded the same thing. The Atlantis Plato spoke of is something we have blown way out of proportion.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by drphilxr
reply to post by NeoVain

Cayce said that Atlantis would first rise in '68- and that's when the

Bimini Road was found underwater in the same general region.

I however subscribe to the school of thought that Atlantis is still

"operational" under the Antarctic ice, rediscovered by the 'losing side' of WW2...

The Bimini "Road," actually a natrual formation of beachrock, was indeed discovered in the time frame Cayce predicted.

What they don't tell you is that it was "discovered" by Cayce acolytes from Cayce's foundation (A.R.E.) when they were desperately searching for something, anything, that could be used to force Cayce's prediction to be fulfilled.

Harte

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by NeoVain

psshh.. I'll believe it when I hear it from an actual news source. that photo is to clear to be real, and a discovery like this would be on news outlets around the world

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Imagewerx
reply to post by OGOldGreg

Lots of people have "actually" found Atlantis just about every where you care to name. Wasn't it even thought to be in the Solent just off Portsmouth by one researcher
?

No where in my post did I say that anyone found atlantis. I'm referencing something that said they found remnants proving the cities existence, not the exact location. Doesn't anyone read around here?

Will posts sources later
edit on 10-2-2013 by OGOldGreg because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Sounds interesting, although I remain sceptical at the moment.

I have not yet seen any credible source telling about it, although if it was real, the media should be full of it.

So let us wait for the official statements

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 12:32 AM
link   
If this is real it will be the most important find of all time, even if it's not Atlantis. Monumental construction dating back to the last ice age would be insane, if not totally impossible. There is some evidence of hunter gathers working on monumental communal worship sites that date to around 11,000 years ago (which is in itself astounding).

If they actually found anything the structure would so ancient that it may be the very first thing human beings ever built. They wouldn't be just old, the structures would redefine old: the last ice age was about what 11,500 (or more) years ago—a staggering 7,000 years before the Great Pyramid, and more than 6,000 years before Stonehenge first took shape. The construction would predate villages, pottery, domesticated animals, and even agriculture.

I am super skeptical. Apart from the whole lack of media coverage, rehashed story from a decade ago and non existent credentials of the people who are claiming discovery, the notion of finding a sphinx seems highly artificial. The sphinx probably predates Greek culture and probably has roots to Summerian culture, Sumer goes back to about 4,000 b.c., to be conservative lets say 5,000 b.c. I find it impossible to believe that the concept of a sphinx, lasted unchanged, for 4,500 years based on oral tradition alone. (Sumer didn't invent cuneiform to 1,000 B.C.)

The idea of knowledge being spread through documents makes no sense because though a document could transfer the concept of a sphinx, unaltered, over a greater amount of time, you would need to suppose that people could read the document. How was the knowledge transferred by written word to cultures who couldn't read or write. A system of writing would be visible, much much earlier, in the archaeological/historical record if the sumerians learned about sphinxes from ancient documents.

To illustrate my point, think of the game telephone. Do you think its logical that the description of a "sphinx" was orally transferred generation to generation, for minimum of 4,500 years without the description of a sphinx changing. I feel like the whole sphinx tagline was just added to the story to make it more appealing to people. Under closer inspection I feel that the sphinx claim actually shows how unlikely to be true this claim really is. Their claims touch on everything from the Olmec to the Cuban missile crisis, they are literally pulling at straws to grab the attention of as many people as possible. It should be noted that Paul Weinzweig and Pauline Zalitzk are married and own a company called Advanced Digital Communications, this is nothing more than a scam to have people invest into a sham company so this couple can sip drinks in Cuba without fear of extradition.
edit on 19-2-2013 by IndianaJoe because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by IndianaJoe

While I certainly agree with your assessment(s,) I wanted to point out that the earliest known cuneiform writing dates to just before 3,000 BC.

Harte

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by IndianaJoe
If this is real it will be the most important find of all time, even if it's not Atlantis. Monumental construction dating back to the last ice age would be insane, if not totally impossible. There is some evidence of hunter gathers working on monumental communal worship sites that date to around 11,000 years ago (which is in itself astounding).

If they actually found anything the structure would so ancient that it may be the very first thing human beings ever built. They wouldn't be just old, the structures would redefine old: the last ice age was about what 11,500 (or more) years ago—a staggering 7,000 years before the Great Pyramid, and more than 6,000 years before Stonehenge first took shape. The construction would predate villages, pottery, domesticated animals, and even agriculture.

I am super skeptical. Apart from the whole lack of media coverage, rehashed story from a decade ago and non existent credentials of the people who are claiming discovery, the notion of finding a sphinx seems highly artificial. The sphinx probably predates Greek culture and probably has roots to Summerian culture, Sumer goes back to about 4,000 b.c., to be conservative lets say 5,000 b.c. I find it impossible to believe that the concept of a sphinx, lasted unchanged, for 4,500 years based on oral tradition alone. (Sumer didn't invent cuneiform to 1,000 B.C.)

The idea of knowledge being spread through documents makes no sense because though a document could transfer the concept of a sphinx, unaltered, over a greater amount of time, you would need to suppose that people could read the document. How was the knowledge transferred by written word to cultures who couldn't read or write. A system of writing would be visible, much much earlier, in the archaeological/historical record if the sumerians learned about sphinxes from ancient documents.

To illustrate my point, think of the game telephone. Do you think its logical that the description of a "sphinx" was orally transferred generation to generation, for minimum of 4,500 years without the description of a sphinx changing. I feel like the whole sphinx tagline was just added to the story to make it more appealing to people. Under closer inspection I feel that the sphinx claim actually shows how unlikely to be true this claim really is. Their claims touch on everything from the Olmec to the Cuban missile crisis, they are literally pulling at straws to grab the attention of as many people as possible. It should be noted that Paul Weinzweig and Pauline Zalitzk are married and own a company called Advanced Digital Communications, this is nothing more than a scam to have people invest into a sham company so this couple can sip drinks in Cuba without fear of extradition.
edit on 19-2-2013 by IndianaJoe because: (no reason given)

Let's put it this way, if by some 1 in a million chance sphinx's are discovered at this underwater site, the logical explanation would be that the original sphinx is a lot older than 4,500 years, and was probably constructed at the same time as the Cuba site sometime during or before the last ice age! Plus, we already know that humans from 10,000 to 12,000 years ago were capable of constructing large complex structures, when Gobekli Tepe was discovered in Turkey.
edit on 27-2-2013 by skybolt because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   
I think Atlantis has already been found, but only a few people realize it. Once I get my taxes done I will come back and give a detailed description so you can all find an excuse to say I am wrong.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   

edit on 2/27/2013 by Chamberf=6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by NeoVain

Originally posted by NeoVain

Atlantis Found: Giant Sphinxes, Pyramids In Bermuda Triangle

www.riseearth.com

Atlantis found in Bermuda Triangle Two scientists, Paul Weinzweig and Pauline Zalitzki, working off the coast of Cuba and using a robot submersible, have confirmed that a gigantic city exists at the bottom of the ocean. The site of the ancient city — that includes several sphinxes and at least four giant pyramids plus other structures — amazingly sits within the boundries of the fabled Bermuda Triangle.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Um... since when has Cuba been in the Bermuda Triangle??
Bermuda Triangle

Plus when its an updated story from sites like beforeitsnews that's a bad sign for credibility.
edit on 2/27/2013 by Chamberf=6 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Why is it a shock that we have now found hundreds of pyramids under 100's of feet of water, first 10,000 Yrs ago the coast line was 500 ft. out in the ocean than it is now. Regardless what anyone thinks ATLANTIS WAS/IS PART OF THE GULF OF MEXICO INCLUDING ALL SURROUNDING LANDS. (DELETED CONTENT)

During an excavation to the Gulf of Mexico we discovered hundreds upon thousands of Artifacts, but the kicker was what we found in Plaqumines Parish Louisiana. I was shocked what was found in the marsh. We found the building remains of what we all thought, ATLANTIS. I can not release what exactly we found, but you will be seeing it soon in the news.

Branda Blakley
edit on 24-5-2013 by Crakeur because: Removed Self Promotion

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   
The ruins off Cuba are definitely hushed up and we do not have the information or pictures, people at the top of the Cuban government would be involved with the real research because it has to do with rewriting the history books around the world. But they still would like us to know as long as there is a cause for plausible denial. So I found one picture, and the researcher who was into the program details some of the findings below. Remember these ruins are found a half mile beneath the surface so there is no light like off the coast of Japan.

Here is one of the real sonar scans.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   
It looks like a possible old city but it doesn't mean it is Atlantis. Big areas of land have become submerged in the ocean before, usually because they were built on a shelf that overhanged the ocean. A section of China is that way, I was looking at a geological site one day which was discussing this. The ocean goes right under a piece of China. This could be a similar case, and the shelf broke off and the city sunk. If I remember right there is a sunken city off an Island of Japan also. Makes sense, build heavy rock structures on top of a shelf
Well, I suppose they didn't have a way of knowing it was a shelf back then.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   

A shelf is possible but not likely .. consider the events at the end of the last iceage ..
trillions of tons of water melting and flowing into sea basins ..this not only redistributed significant weight around the planet creating a new balance it induced movement up and down due to crustal plasticity .

Try reducing the water level to iceage levels and and then look at the Caribbean ...then take into account the level of 2200 feet below sea level of this site and calculate the amount of subsidence .

Our most ancient culture Gobekli Tepe is documented to 12,000+ BC now and they show advanced stone working on massive scale ..

And these sites were built by the survivors of the last global catastrophe ... not the peak of that civilization .

Them if you have any guts look into Ray Browns crystal .

The proof of a highly advanced civilization is evidenced in that artifact .

And the key to what some of the pyramids were used for is too ..

The premise behind the movie "water world " is an apt analogy for what has happened .

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   
when in my 20s a girl i was dating told me the steps to the beach were once the steps to the golf course i laughed .

when i told this to a neighbour in her 80s she confirmed what my g/f had said and pointed out to sea and told me that as a girl there had been farms out there ??? anything is possible after that

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kitora
I'm very skeptical of these sources. Seemingly amazing discoveries like these always end up on shoddy blogs with poor images and written with huge leaps.

If any other websites report on this, somebody please post it.

If there are indeed pyramids and "several sphinxs" on the ocean floor, I will be completely amazed.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Who is in charge of keeping this quiet? Is it the same people who are keeping the coming polar axis shift a secret right now?

I'm sick of this! They are not hiding this because they don't want to rewrite the history books they are hiding it because it proves that the earth will once again tilt on its axis. The world would panic, then prepare and maybe even survive.

Instead they want to kill off as many as possible so they keep it secret. I think it is Murder.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 02:57 AM
link   
interesting story but this pic looks so fake considering one spotlight engulfs a supposedly huge pyramid

i1260.photobucket.com...

maybe the atlanteans were miniature people smaller than dwarves?

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   
I again ask, since when has Cuba (as the location in the OP) ever been part of the Bermuda Triangle??

If this simple thing is glaringly wrong just think how much of the rest is...

edit on 10/9/2013 by Chamberf=6 because: (no reason given)

<< 12  13  14    16 >>

join