It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atlantis Found: Giant Sphinxes, Pyramids In Bermuda Triangle

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+111 more 
posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Atlantis Found: Giant Sphinxes, Pyramids In Bermuda Triangle

www.riseearth.com

Atlantis found in Bermuda Triangle

Two scientists, Paul Weinzweig and Pauline Zalitzki, working off the coast of Cuba and using a robot submersible, have confirmed that a gigantic city exists at the bottom of the ocean. The site of the ancient city — that includes several sphinxes and at least four giant pyramids plus other structures — amazingly sits within the boundries of the fabled Bermuda Triangle.
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 23-1-2013 by NeoVain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 05:53 PM
link   
I find this extremely interesting. They even have a picture of the city structure.

According to a report by arclein of Terra Forming Terra, Cuban Subsea Pyramid Complex, the evidence points to the city being simultaneously inundated with rising waters and the land sinking into the sea. This correlates exactly with the Atlantis legend. The disaster may have occurred at the end of the last Ice Age. As the Arctic icecap catastrophically melted it caused sea levels to rise quickly around the world, especially affecting the Northern Hemisphere. Coast lines changed; land was lost; islands (even island continents) disappeared

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   
This is awesome, can't wait to hear more about this, and it all looks genuine too!
Great find S&F

EDIT: This is looking a wee bit dodgy! No other news sources are carrying this.
edit on 23-1-2013 by rigel4 because: (no reason given)

+26 more 
posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   
As much as I want to believe the hype...
I don't.

I looked at the site, and the "pictures" of which I only saw one.
Which looked to be a terribly grainy computer interpretation of a scale model.

I'm expecting more pictures, and an extreme amount of hype.
Finding Atlantis would be the largest news story this side of the solar system.

Until then...I have my doubts.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   
While this is interesting, I will be guardedly skeptical, knowing how many hoaxes are forwarded, even by "scientists", who are not immune from having personal agendas any less than anyone else.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by havok

Legit or not, I want to know more.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Very very cool find OP. S&F!

I read the article and viewed the videos. No doubt they found structures of a city. Awesome find! Hope some day they can excavate the site and see what's in the buildings.

Question: Where are the sphinxes? How do they know the objects they pinged with sonar and photographed are sphinxes? With erosion, any carvings would degrade to look like a lump of rock.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   
I'm not so sure it's Atlantis(yet), but I will say I have been expecting a find of this magnitude for quite some time. Still, I'm not going to hold my breath. Once I see further acceptance of its legitimacy(now that it's out in the open), and some good images of the site...

Sphinxes? This I wanna see!

ETA: IF this is legit, it's going to be a really hard sell to the mainstream of academia. Yonaguni didn't go over so well, I would expect this to fare even worse. At least in the beginning.
edit on 1/23/2013 by Klassified because: eta

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   
I read that entire article to my family! How exciting.

If this is legitimate, I really can't wait till they get down their and start gathering information. Imagine all the new information we could glean if their pyramid walls have glyphs. Which, all the others pyramids do, so why wouldn't they!

Nice find. S&F.

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wide-Eyes
reply to post by havok

Legit or not, I want to know more.

Wanna know more? OK!

This same exact theory was talked about in 2001. HERE!
Then, ultra_pheonix wrote an ATS thread about it in 2002: HERE!
Giving me the impression that this idea has been floating around this site for around a decade.
With replies, responses, and the same skepticism.
Talk about an original thread...

I highly doubt they found Atlantis off the coast of Cuba.
Now, I'm not claiming they didn't. It would be awesome if it was true.
I just doubt it.

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 06:18 PM
link   

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by havok
This same exact theory was talked about in 2001. HERE!
Then, ultra_pheonix wrote an ATS thread about it in 2002: HERE!
Giving me the impression that this idea has been floating around this site for around a decade.
With replies, responses, and the same skepticism.

And also the same people involved....

from 2001

This week I talked with both Paulina Zelitsky and Paul Weinzweig

From 2012

Now, two daring scientists, Paul Weinzweig and Pauline Zalitzki, claim they’ve found it

So just what have they done for 11 years about it?

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by havok

Thanks for the links, this just got even more interesting. It´s definitely real since it´s been talked about for over 10 years, and with these most recent finds of even sphinxes there...

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Why after reading the article do the words "UFO" , "Baltic Sea" , "Marketing Scam" , "Hype" all come to mind?

I wonder if an epic earth shattering news event like this will also be only worth discussing in a $24.99 documentary?

Will wait to see if a documentary is in the works or if multiple so called reliable news sources comes out with the story before putting any weight on this story.

Fun read none the less

edit on 23-1-2013 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I thought this was old news from 2004 or so? Zelitski said she wanted to go back several times but could not get funding or something last i heard. That was several years ago.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by havok

Ahhh, shoot.

You effectively deflated my excitement.

Thanks for the links though. Clarification is essential on this site.

I've got my fingers crossed though, that there actually is an ancient city and they have just kept it under wraps until they discern what they want to share with us and what they don't. Because we all know, that WILL happen if there is a sunken city off the coast of Cuba.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Isn't that the general area Edgar Cayce predicted some temples of Atlantis would be found?

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Interesting read, but appears to be an update to these two sources.

September 29, 2012 - Underwater Pyramid Structure - Disclose.tv

and

October 1, 2012 -
Atlantis Found: Giant Sphinxes, Pyramids In Bermuda Triangle - Before It's News

I'm not seeing what the update is however. The article the OP links looks to almost be a copy of the Before It's News article.

Or was this something that you just ran across?

Hoping it's something interesting (Atlantis or not, sunken cities are cool), but looking on with "cautious optimism", heh.

Edit: ah I see others posted links already.
edit on 23-1-2013 by eriktheawful because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Mmmm very interesting. First thing that came to mind when I read the article and seen the pictures of the pyramids was a debated theory I read a while back claiming the Giza pyramids were a generator of some kind used to create power (something along those lines)

Now with these pyramids being located in the bermuda triangle which is a known hotspot for aircraft disappearances, do the pyramid "generators" have anything to do with that? Who knows, just throwing out some ideas.

Awesome find Op S&F. shall be watching this closely.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   
So, if you watch the video, and please do correct me if I'm wrong, but there is a date at the bottom right hand corner of every sonar picture taken dating back to 2002.......

So what the hell?

My doubt is swelling

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join