It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird things on mars!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Hi all. Haven't been on here in a long time.

But recently was checking out the Mars Photo's. And one jumped to my attention, because of the obvious straight edges and 90 degree walls that this image shows. These images are directly from the USGS/NASA website. What do you think to these? Any possible explanations? By the way, I have been a member here for quite a while and I work in image analysis (cfdd) for a living with material analysis and microscopic material stresses. I know it's not photographic consumer material, but I stand in good stead when it comes to discerning weather something weird is in a photo or not... and this sure looks weird.

Here is the original photo, Titled "e0702110e" from the USGS website -

Next, here is the close-up of the area in interest. You can see clear edges. 90 degree edges. I have seen a lot of strange moon and mars images where they purport to show bases and such, but this does seem very strange and seems to have the effect of a "compound" that is buried and the walls or extremities are visible.

Thanks for looking. Hope someone can solve this.. other than just saying I am seeing artifacts because I am zoomed in too far!

edit on 23-1-2013 by Neutradol because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Reindeer tracks.I hear there are aliens reindeer up there. The ride in sleighs with hyper drive and visit the far north of the earth in December

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   
I can only say if there are indeed ruins on Mars, and they were thousands to millions of years old, this is what we might expect them to look like. In most cases they are going to be barely discernible, or not at all.

When archaeologists use satellite imaging to look for ruins on earth that are only a 1-5 thousand years old, some of them could easily be looked over if it wasn't for a trained eye. So I would expect it to be a lot harder to identify ruins much older.
edit on 1/23/2013 by Klassified because: corrections

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by pacifier2012

A fair assumption..... but do reindeer leave 90 degree turns in their tracks?

Spose' if they can get to the moon they can do anything, right?

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

Understood, and thanks for the input. But this is Mars. Under completely different geological and atmospheric conditions to earth and would be more favourable to structures that "could" be still surviving on Mars.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Neutradol

Understood, and thanks for the input. But this is Mars. Under completely different geological and atmospheric conditions to earth and would be more favourable to structures that "could" be still surviving on Mars.

Agreed. I have seen some images of Mars that make me think it's likely there are ancient ruins on the surface. But I don't expect we'll be made privy to that any time in the near future, if it's true.
edit on 1/23/2013 by Klassified because: eta

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Klassified

Agreed. I have seen some images of Mars that make me think it's likely there are ancient ruins on the surface. But I don't expect we'll be made privy to that any time in the near future, if it's true.
edit on 1/23/2013 by Klassified because: eta

Can you post a link to those photos? I would be interested in seeing them

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Mickles

Sure. Here is the link...

ida.wr.usgs.gov...

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Just asking your opinion here... but what do you think of that photo? What would you say those black lines and 90 degree walls are? If you were pressed for an answer?

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   
I sure would like to go there in person and look closely at those Lines. I think though, that even upon closer inspection you probably wouldn't be able to differentiate it from surround rock. Unless there were actual tool marks, stacked stones, or otherwise some indication that it was artificially created you would have nothing to go on other than that amazing 90 degree angles.

do you think that if ruins are on Mars that they wouldn't be worn down by thousands if not millions of years of wind erosion, even as mild as that wind may be? I heard once that there are storms on mars with high wind speeds. (A discovery channel episode)... I'm not sure how accurate that is.

Thanks for pointing out these objects, very fascinating.

S&F

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Nice find mate.

Will study the image and any others i can find from around that area and comment then.

But a cursory glance says that some of those features may indeed be ancient remains, one in particular looks like a pyramid..but i'll have a closer look, often times, what looks odd from a distance turns out to be not very much at all, but other times...

I'll post again if i find anything.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Just asking your opinion here... but what do you think of that photo? What would you say those black lines and 90 degree walls are? If you were pressed for an answer?

Look at the area you enlarged, but look at it in the first image instead. Now look to the right. Do you see faint grid lines there? That says to me. Ruins. I'm willing to be wrong. But that's what they look like, unless they are an artifact of the image itself. Though they don't seem to be.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by MysterX

Well that is exactly what I was hinting at. You can clearly see the remains of some kind of rectangular compound and a huge building at the far left of that compound.

There is no room for the "camera anomaly" with this photo, really.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Mickles

Can you post a link to those photos? I would be interested in seeing them

Look up some of Mikesingh's old threads. You'll see plenty in those. Also Mars Anomaly Research

Note I'm not saying everything you see at these links are ruins, artifacts, etc. In fact, I think some are just pareidolia, but there are a few very convincing images IMO.

edit on 1/23/2013 by Klassified because: clarify

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 06:43 PM
link   

By chance... do you know under what conditions these pictures were taken? Filters? Lenses, Iso, etc? Not that I can see it affecting the outcome of the overall image... but it would be nice to know. These were taken in 02 by the way. So I assume taken by the MRO. That is the only info I can garner from the photo's/era.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Neutradol

certainly not an expert, But I See little odd dark colored monopoly house shapes...and then matching angles spreading out around them?

Kind of what you would expect to see if looking at long abandoned stone structures in the desert...

Need high res and a larger screen.

SnF to bump this along and some more eyes on it

tom

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 07:07 PM
link   

What do you think of this one? Click and Zoom in on this just above the middle of the photo strip.

www.msss.com...

I have been looking at this photo thru a magnifying lamp. This may be the most intriguing photo from Mars I have ever seen. It does not look natural at all, unless it is some giant vegetable. You can see a black area on the right. It resembles a "pipe" coming out of the right "balloon bag". The only way I see that pipe can be natural and be that black is if it is a gorge we are looking down into. But it does not look like a crack. It does not look like rock. It looks like piping. Or a giant tree trunk. It looks like it is above the ground.

The "pipe" that runs parallel to it on the left looks like it is made up of rectangular blocks. The "spew" at the end is darker than the "spew" on the right. The one on the right looks like it is flowing in air while the one on the left looks like it is fossilized, like it is part of the ground. But they could just be different colored liquids.

It looks like there is a dirt road running up the hill on the right of these bags. Maybe it is some kind of sand fall, where sand would be blown down a ravine.

It looks like some kind of alien machine. Made by people that could care less for symmetry.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 07:09 PM
link   

structures appear down in the pitted area. I see this also.
Also, lots of straight line patterns?

either way..Thanks for sharing

tom

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   
that is weird! i was looking for moon stuff, but this is certainly interesting!

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by spiritualarchitect

its a couple of docked beetle ships Blowing out their arse pipes...
Also really odd

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join