It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does President Obama Get A Free Pass From Too Many Where Those People Would Chastise Bush For The Sa

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I am seeing this being way too true nowadays, more and more than before.
It was always a little like this, but now it's grown to such a massive extent it's becoming almost 30% or more of both liberal and non-politically involved people.

It's a massive number of people.

I do not only mean Bush, but his entire administration as well.
For example imagine of the Bush's sec of state said this what Clinton has been saying lately.

The system is a great monster, and too many just end up becoming part of it.
Everything that many so strongly opposed in the past, these same people are fine over it if it's a Dem in office.

What are your thoughts on this ATS?

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

No comparison between the corrupt Bush's White House. The only one that would compare to Bush's White House would be Nixon's White House. The main reason for that is because most of the people were the same in both.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by JBA2848
No comparison between the corrupt Bush's White House. The only one that would compare to Bush's White House would be Nixon's White House. The main reason for that is because most of the people were the same in both.

Please tell me exactly how is Obama better than Bush?
What differentiates the two in your opinion?

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   
You should read this article OP. I picked it up from another thread, but I like to save links, images and stuff on my computer for cases like this.

Bush's 4th Term

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Does President Obama Get A Free Pass From Too Many Where Those People Would Chastise Bush For The Same

not around here he doesn't!

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

So the Patriot Act is just corrupt and evil, but the indefinite detention of American citizens without trial is not evil or corrupt?

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by danneu89
So the Patriot Act is just corrupt and evil, but the indefinite detention of American citizens without trial is not evil or corrupt?

And not only that, Obama is very pro Patriot Act
He even helped in it's 2nd draft and pushes it

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   
I would turn this question around and say, does it seem like those people who chastise Obama for everything, gave Bush a free pass on torture, Patriot Act, TSA, warrantless wiretaps, invasions based on false intel, allowed an attack on American soil that killed 3000 people... And of course tanked the economy on his exit.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by spiritualzombie
I would turn this question around and say, does it seem like those people who chastise Obama for everything, gave Bush a free pass on torture, Patriot Act, TSA, warrantless wiretaps, invasions based on false intel, allowed an attack on American soil that killed 3000 people... And of course tanked the economy on his exit.

He tanked the economy on his exit?
And the way Obama addresses a "tanked" economy is bailing out friends in high places?
It's corporatism and crony capitalism?

And campaigning in 08 as a peace candidate but then expanding the war into the entire middle east?
And so so so so many executive orders?

Listen, I am only commenting on what I see going on today.
Obama is in power now, not Bush.

This is insanity!

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by spiritualzombie

I certainly don't. Bush is no saint and neither is Obama. Obama is basically just continuing Bush's administration, but it's ok to the leftists because "he's one of them."

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   

I will just let you take a look at this thread I did a while ago.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

And I can't say I agree with every thing Obama has been doing. Just take a look at this thread.
Why are we paying for Walmarts supply chain? I guess they probably figure it is a good attack on China?

Or how about this thread.
Why is Homeland Security protecting other countries infrastructure? Is China or Libya part of our Homeland? Or do I misinterput Homeland some how?

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by tinhattribunal

Does President Obama Get A Free Pass From Too Many Where Those People Would Chastise Bush For The Same

not around here he doesn't!

Oh yes he does...
There are too many people that think that Obama is a great person just because he has family calendars where he smiles and he's a Dem.

I see it all the time, such supporters are everywhere.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   
They are not seperate entities. The extreme liberties being taken by the current administration were made possible, at leats in part, by the Patriot Act, the most dangerous piece of legislature ever conceived of. Call it hyperbole if you want, but come on.

Where do you go from illegal wire-taps and imprisoning citizens without due process? In the words of "President" Bill Pullman, "Robots that roam the skies," aren't that much of a leap.

If you hate what's happening, than you are obligated to hate what made it possible.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Obama is a wolf in sheep’s clothing.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   

S&F OP!!!

The problem is, that people have been sucked into actually believing the propaganda machine, and the only way they feel like they have a purpose in our political system is "JOIN A TEAM"!

There is no difference between the teams! They are a political vision of Vince McMahon!

People need to judge a man/woman by their actions and not their political rhetoric!

Imagine the SNAFU in Washington if all of their staunch supporters woke up one day and realized this???

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Since when did being anti-Obama mean the same thing as being pro-Bush?

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

Originally posted by spiritualzombie

He tanked the economy on his exit?
And the way Obama addresses a "tanked" economy is bailing out friends in high places?
It's corporatism and crony capitalism?

And campaigning in 08 as a peace candidate but then expanding the war into the entire middle east?
And so so so so many executive orders?

Listen, I am only commenting on what I see going on today.
Obama is in power now, not Bush.

This is insanity!

Bush gave the first bailout to big business. Be clear.

The bailouts were necessary. And every non partisan economist sees that. The talking heads dont, but thats their job.

Obama never extended the war in Iraq and followed through on Bush's exit date. He has also put an exit date on Afghanistan as 2014. Which is years earlier than the war mongerers would like. Put no boots on the ground anywhere else. So lets see.. Bush started a two front war. Under Obama they are ending. Yea Id say far more peace.

Executive orders? Really? Talk about mis informed. Under Bush : 291 Under Obama: 138 ( as of September)
Snopes

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Its a fair question, honestly, but I think it really comes down to conditions with which the president came in (and maybe a few other factors.

Like it or not, Bush came into office in a fairly decent position. While Im not a huge fan of Clinton, the facts are, he left things in pretty decent shape, at least for the short term. Bush didnt take long at all to dig some pretty deep holes.

Obama came into office with a giant cluster f*&^# to do with, on multiple fronts, so people give him a little more leeway to try and clean up the mess.*

*Note-This is not to say I agree with Obama's actions throughout his presidency. In fact, I have a LOT of issues with what he has done and while I voted for his first term, I did not vote for him this time around. (Sad, isnt it, that I have to add a note at the end of the post to qualify this?)
edit on 23-1-2013 by captaintyinknots because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Does President Obama Get A Free Pass From Too Many Where Those People Would Chastise Bush For The Sa

Hell yeah he gets a free pass:

Libya,Syria, 4 years later still in Iraq and Afghanistan to the massive drone strikes in Pakistan as well as other middle eastern countries from where water bordering was evil to gitmo was evil to straight out murder.

Anyone notice that new prisoners are not being taken?

prisoners means collecting intel now just death from above.

That is just Obamas foreign policy he has double the national deficit, signed the Ndaa, and now assaulting the second amendment.

Obama makes Bush look like an Amateur and he gets a free pass just like the only time Americans get killed overseas, and other people is bad is when the president and secretary of defense have R's by their names.

Op spot on

edit on 23-1-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   
We are absolutely not in Iraq anymore. What an outright lie to put Iraq in the same sentence with Afghanistan

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join