It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unconditional Love/Care...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   
The strongest form of "Love" seems to be "Care" because it is the only force strong enough to eliminate pain and suffering. Appreciation as love will make you happier, and so will affection, but care is protecting and helping make others happy. It is what can transform Earth into Paradise.

It is easy for us to care about ourselves. We have pride, or in a negative sense we have self-pity feeling "bad" for ourselves. Imagine if we extended care out to others around us including our enemies? Instead of seeing a person as an evil "enemy" we see them, instead, as someone who is suffering in the mind and therefore wanting to cause harm and suffering to others. We see the lack of care as what it really is - sickness, psychopathic (mind-suffering) - instead of "dark", "evil" that will lighten the mood and cause others to have sympathy for such individuals to actually HELP them care for their sake and others.

Someone says to me "You are stupid! You don't know anything!". I feel compassion for them because I only heard such meanness and judgment the moment they said it, but THEY are the ones living with this mean and judging voice in their mind all day! Looking at it from this perspective, someone calling me "stupid" will bring out the CARE in mean rather than the HATE and DEFENSIVENESS.

If someone is saying mean and judging things and therefore taking mean and uncaring actions ("You are stupid!", "Things should not be this way, you should do as I say!") they are individuals who actually SUFFERED hearing such things, otherwise the words wouldn't be there for them to think and say.

No more judging others as "negative", saying "I'll pray for you" or "I'll send love your way" instead, I just want to show such individuals that I CARE about them and that CARE will affect them.

Did you know that The Latin Word for "Care" is "Curo" which also means "Cure"?

And did you know that compassion makes people happier even if the compassion is making them sad?

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme
It is easy for us to care about ourselves. We have pride, or in a negative sense we have self-pity feeling "bad" for ourselves.

That's not so easy in many situations. The true cost of pride is close to zero when you are dying of thirst in a desert. The same applies to dying out of the lack of love and recognition. If you could do without love, anybody could do and love would be worthless. But in reality it is invaluable, so not receiving love you will suffer no matter what.

Instead of seeing a person as an evil "enemy" we see them, instead, as someone who is suffering in the mind and therefore wanting to cause harm and suffering to others.

In fact, more evil in this world is done out of ignorance and stupidity rather than hate, so it is not so difficult to forgive anyone who did harm to you, but preventing or compensating this damage is a much more difficult task.

Someone says to me "You are stupid! You don't know anything!". I feel compassion for them because I only heard such meanness and judgment the moment they said it

This may not be a meaningless judgement, because people have different life experience and some of them may have understanding which you do not possess, and to them you may actually seem 'stupid' in certain situations.

If someone is saying mean and judging things and therefore taking mean and uncaring actions ("You are stupid!", "Things should not be this way, you should do as I say!") they are individuals who actually SUFFERED hearing such things, otherwise the words wouldn't be there for them to think and say.

Not necessarily so, because calling someone 'stupid' provokes him/her to learn and improve (either their reasoning to prove they are not stupid or their knowledge and skill ), and this is a direct result of competition and offense which was introduced in this world so that individuals can develop. Without provocation and without offense you would sit in a rocking chair dozing for eternity with a complete self-love and self-complacency. Being born here is a provocation and offense in itself, because your spirit encased in a fragile body full of needs and suffering. The real compassion arises from understanding that everyone here is in the same position as you, trapped in their body and life situation.

If you believe when you stop thinking bad of people you will be instantly happy, you are mistaken.
You will have to fix all your problems, and some of their problems, while many of them will be doing their best to make it impossible for you. That's the real # you are going to face in this world, not some abstract stuff like changing your attitude and being happy in your own box. No, this won't work in the long run. This is a very demanding world, you can't relax for the whole life and be happy, you must do so much to improve this world, starting with your own life, and you are guaranteed to face resistance. Sorry if that sounded rude, this is how it is from my own experience. Good luck and enjoy the ride!

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by mrkeen

Caring for others creates a happier world.
Not caring for others allows to become worse and worse.
If someone is mean to you and you are compassionate to them and their views, you will be more likely to end the violence, if you just act in defensiveness it will most likely continue.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Arpgme, I could not agree with you more. This world is full of excuses to not be compassionate and care about others. People seemed to be consumed with the idea of justice and arrogance and whoever attacks our self image should face judgment yet it only hurts us to do that.

It appears that most people in society are in the grips of solipsism because people are so consumed in their own lives to notice other people.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   

No more judging others as "negative", saying "I'll pray for you" or "I'll send love your way" instead, I just want to show such individuals that I CARE about them and that CARE will affect them.

By all means, care for them. But will this solve anything if it's not the right kind of caring? Their immediate meeds absolutely, but when a person is suffering due to sin in their lives for example, is not the true care and love telling them the truth? "I'll pray for you" is one of the greatest kindnesses that a person can do for someone, and it's unfortunate that you think that it's "judgemental".

You just "want" to show care, but do you CARE about the person or do you love caring? There is a huge difference and a need for both in this world. If you cared about the person you'd not only bandage wounds, but address what caused the wounds in the first place. True love is this - that Jesus layed down his life for us whilst we were yet sinners. That is caring and love, and that kind of care and love not only heals wounds but prevents them from reappearing. Both kinds of caring affect people in two different ways, but I sense from your choice of words that the caring that you wish to do completely ignores the obvious - evil and the love of it. So whilst you care for those suffering it's affects, providing physical comfort, there is an opportunity to address that love of evil which caused the person to be in a state of needing your caring in the first place.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

I understand where your coming from and just wanted to share what someone told me one.

A wise man once said to me "When you do something for someone, anyone without expecting anything in return, genuinly and whole heartedly you give love. And when that same person in return does the same without you expecting, you feel love, unconditional and without judgement."

The greatest love one can give? Even that's debatable for love is different for everyone on every level that exists.

My saying.... Don't take my kindness as a weakness and I won't take your ego as ignorance.

The world would be a better place if everyone came from a place of unconditional love and I do Romance this idea, though given the conditions of this world and populace therin.... We have a better opportunity to see the Kool-aid man bust through a wall with the preverbial Ohhhhh-Yea than seeing the world change to this frequency.

It does sadden me..... Then I wake up and go to work..... GO SHEEPLE~ Viva la sheeple rebellion~

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme
The strongest form of "Love" seems to be "Care" because it is the only force strong enough to eliminate pain and suffering.

I see that you have love and care in quotes so I'm guessing that you don't mean them in their normal everyday use because if you do you couldn't be more wrong.

Someone living in physical pain will not cease to feel the pain no matter how much someone cares for them.
edit on 24-1-2013 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Did you know that The Latin Word for "Care" is "Curo" which also means "Cure"?

And did you know that compassion makes people happier even if the compassion is making them sad?

Im still waiting for your compassion...or is that care?

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

Care in regard to what?

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

I'm not sure. It is not a certain answer, it depends. I can not answer that question definitely. It all depends. It is uncertainty.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Maybe it can be answered through estimation/uncertainty or by example.

Do you have at least an uncertain answer to what you are referring to when you ask about "waiting for the care"?

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Maybe it can be answered through estimation/uncertainty or by example.

Do you have at least an uncertain answer to what you are referring to when you ask about "waiting for the care"?

Dettachment, open, unconditional, exploring, freedom, fulfillment, no rules...is this not virtues of the mother of caring?

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 11:56 PM
link   

If the freedom is to be able to take away others' freedom to make them suffer, then it would seem that it isn't compassionate because it is unfair (one has freedom - while the others' is taken away for no reason), and it is a lack of caring of the other's suffering.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 12:07 AM
link   
I agree that even enemies should be shown mercy, but if they are allowed to keep doing bad things and instead of people addressing it properly, they just reward them with empathy and nothing else... you might as well be sticking everybody else's neck on the chopping block because there is no telling what a deceitful person might do if they keep getting away with stuff.

How does your conscience handle that when you see that person continuing to screw other people over?

Mercy concerning true judgment is one thing, because we are not supposed to judge the soul of another, but a person who condones deceit in others is just as destructive as the deceitful... and one day judgment *will* come.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Mercy should be given by addressing and teaching... accepting that humans have flaws.

Totally disregarding what they are doing and condoning it is not only destructive to anyone they target, but also it is destructive to even that person.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

If the freedom is to be able to take away others' freedom to make them suffer, then it would seem that it isn't compassionate because it is unfair (one has freedom - while the others' is taken away for no reason), and it is a lack of caring of the other's suffering.

why would you give a hoot about anyone elses suffering? Do you really care about the suffering of humans? if not then why not use them as you feel fit for your own pleasure?

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage
reply to post by arpgme

why would you give a hoot about anyone elses suffering? Do you really care about the suffering of humans? if not then why not use them as you feel fit for your own pleasure?

Is this your actual viewpoint or are you just playing devils advocate?

or something??

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by NotAnAspie

or something??

Devils advocate of course!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage

or something??

Devils advocate of course!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...

Oh, ok... thought that might be the case.

You guys seem to get pretty inverted in your conversations sometimes.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 01:01 AM
link   

You guys seem to get pretty inverted in your conversations sometimes.

Yes we can be but mabey thats cause we are soul mate adversaries
edit on 25-1-2013 by AthlonSavage because: Isis has no care or love of a slave

top topics

<<   2 >>

join