It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dr. King's Dream for the Global Strike Team

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kram09
reply to post by inivux

Maintaining our commitment to our Global Strike team, our families and our nation is a fitting tribute to Dr. King as we celebrate his legacy.

A commitment to a "Global Strike Team."

Global. Strike. Team.

A team which can strike globally...

Truly lovely....it doesn't matter if we're killing people in wars because we're all in it together, all colours and creeds.

Nice. Totally LOL'd at that one. Even though it's no laughing matter.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by inivux
reply to post by Kram09

I'll spell it out for you.

MLK was a supporter of desegregation and equality.
The military is now racially desegregated, and racially "equal".
Thus, MLK would be proud of the desegregation and equality.
Thus, the statement made by the military official.

What happened next, was you taking something out of context, as an excuse to get on your tiny little angsty soapbox.

standing side-by-side ensuring the most powerful weapons in the U.S. arsenal remain the credible bedrock of our national defense

I'm pretty certain Dr. King would not be proud of the most powerful arsenal in the world desegregated or not. He would likely look at it as a prison for black men who have nowhere else to go.

/TOA

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Also I'm not trying to proclaim Martin Luther King as some kind of saint. He certainly wasn't perfect and had his flaws, but I don't think they negate the good that he ultimately did.

For those who may think I took the website's content out of context there is always the Guardian article which goes into more detail which you can use as a basis for this discussion.

Secondly the title of my thread has changed. I assume this was done by the mods because I had used the same title from the Guardian article?

Am I not supposed to be told that the title of my thread has been changed and the reason for it?

<< 1   >>

join