BREAKING: Panetta removes military ban on women in combat, opening thousands of front line positions

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by 2manyquestions
Let me guess. Enlistment numbers are down and they need more bodies on the ground. Should we soon expect another G.I. Jane movie to inspire us all? Maybe next they can drop the enlistment age to 16. 16 year olds are old enough to hold a gun in their hands, aren't they?

Honestly I'm all for everyone doing whatever it is they are qualified to do. If women want to go shoot up some Middle-Eastern families and they prove to be just as good at it as their male counterparts, go for it. Just use your brain first, please. Do you really want to be part of this disgusting war? Do you really want to take orders from politicians who clearly don't give a $%(& about you or the people you're murdering on their behalf?

I really look up to the men and women who enlisted with the best of intentions, sacrificing themselves for this country,.... but I know that the current events are anything but just or "right". This is the time to let them starve. Don't feed the war machine. Stop enlisting, don't give them the man/womanpower to continue this madness. If they try to bring the draft back, we should load up every single politician who votes "yes" and drop them in the most hostile part of the Middle East. Let them get a taste of their own medicine.

Enlistment numbers are not "down"...they have been downsizing the Army since the end of the war in Iraq...people are getting kicked out left and right for failing pt, height/weight, and not reporting to X amount of drills in a year. Now I know what is coming, "well if they aren't meeting the standard, that is why, and that is no indicator that enlistment numbers are down"...on the contrary....in 10 years, I've never seen a single soldier in the guard or reserve kicked out for being "too fat"...I've seen 100's of soldiers, both stateside and in a theater of operations, that had me wondering "how in the hell did you ever find yourself here?"....no war in Iraq? Time to cut the budget. Time to downsize. When another conflict arises, then you will see the standard lowered even further, and those very people they are kicking out now, will in essence be brought back in.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by InTheLight
reply to post by LennayTheUndead

So combat is picking up a gun and shooting it to kill. Thought so.

Just stop. Because I'm a combat veteran does not make me an infantryman. Because a woman is a combat veteran does not make her an infantrywoman. You are either being difficult just to be difficult, or you truly do not have a clue what you are trying to debate.

The most worthless soldier in the military is able to pick up a gun and fire it. That doesn't mean they've "proven" themselves...
edit on 26-1-2013 by LennayTheUndead because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 07:53 AM
link   

reply to post by InTheLight

One more tidbit of news, they just keep coming and coming.

On the Egyptian border, the Israelis also have mixed-sex paramilitary border police units and a mixed-sex infantry regiment, dubbed "Wildcat", which conduct patrols and ambushes. One of Wildcat's women was decorated for bravery after she killed a jihadi gunman who had shot dead a soldier in September.

www.reuters.com...

You know we have all this now in the US military. We have women flying gunships and the like. We have had women near the DMZs around the world for years doing time with the grunt units in some capcity. They would have been killed as well as the men fighting there. Heck this was early 1980s!

This "announcement" of women in "combat" units is sort of strange. If everyone could step back, ladies included, and take a good look at this.......there is something wrong here, their realy is. We are getting played for reasons that have nothing to do with combat or a man or womans function in it. This may be clearer to see from a man perspective but I trust some smart women can see it as well.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Tell us exactly what is considered combat, if not picking up a gun and shooting it to kill.

You are certainly mounting a defence for women in combat roles but you certainly have no understanding of what it would mean for them to serve in ground units. I know you dont because you disregard what some that were in ground units are saying and thus you cant argue on that level and with that understanding.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Logarock

That's only true in that I'm just going with what the women soliders in combat have said and already proven.
edit on 26-1-2013 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

I'm not mounting any defense because from all I links I have posted it is obvious that their abilities don't need defending.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by InTheLight

But you have no first hand knowlege yourself. You couldnt even make an experiential evalutation of what you are reading and you disregard the testimony and first hand knowlege of those that have been there and do know.

In short you are a feminist hack.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 08:36 AM
link   

I am simply posting information on female soliders and their point of view, who are actively in combat roles for everyone's informational purposes, which you obviously didn't bother to read, which BTW you are free to choose not to read...note the phrase 'free to choose.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 08:39 AM
link   

My evaluation of the articles I posted match the journalists' evaluations, as well as the U.S. military PTB that agree that women are not only capable and valuable assets, but they deserve equal rights, hence the removal of the ban. I know it's hard for you but shooting the messenger won't change anything.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by cavtrooper7

Until there is peace in the world, which may never be - let's face it - we will need qualified people on the frontlines who will be highly trained in combat fighting and if a woman can handle it (physically and psychologically), why oppose it? I'm not getting what the problem is here.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 09:20 AM
link   

My evaluation of the articles I posted match the journalists' evaluations, as well as the U.S. military PTB that agree that women are not only capable and valuable assets, but they deserve equal rights, hence the removal of the ban. I know it's hard for you but shooting the messenger won't change anything.

Well the same goes for you. I have humped a pack over 100 lbs with rifle and ect and spent several years in a line company. I have experienced the rigors. A journalist evaluation means little to me and you should be able understand that. I am the pro here.

Jounalists are like sports writers that never palyed the game.
edit on 26-1-2013 by Logarock because: n

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 09:26 AM
link   

reply to post by cavtrooper7

Until there is peace in the world, which may never be - let's face it - we will need qualified people on the frontlines who will be highly trained in combat fighting and if a woman can handle it (physically and psychologically), why oppose it? I'm not getting what the problem is here.

But thats not what you are talking about. We have plenty of males that are qualifed and trained. Its not about numbers its about politics for you. Is it a matter of need? No. Is it a matter of being qualified and trained? No. And its not really a matter of showing females respect by letting those who can get into ground units. Its politics.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 09:28 AM
link   

So are the female combat soliders in the articles I posted, yet you refuse to acknowledge what they have to say.

I can see the women entering into this area of the military will have many difficulties to surmount with attitudes the way they exist, if left the way it is (similar to the law enforcement problems).

Hopefully, with the weeding out of the existing 'problem children', as the male officers call them in some articles I have seen, and all military women and men reporting abuses and deviant behaviour, great improvements for the system and all soldiers can be achieved.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 09:29 AM
link   
This is great. now all I need to do is get my ex wife to sign up!!!!

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by gangdumstyle

That would be her decision not yours.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 09:32 AM
link   

You are confused. Why not just accept the unban as reality and move on?

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 09:37 AM
link   

You are confused. Why not just accept the unban as reality and move on?

You have failed to confuse me is the problem here for you. You cant argue facts with someone that knows what they are talking about. Why not just accept that I know far more than you ever will on this subject.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   

I'm not arguing with you, I am simply posting articles about female combat soliders worldwide and what they have to say. BTW since you didn't read any of the articles, they are 'thrilled' about this.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 09:45 AM
link   

So are the female combat soliders in the articles I posted, yet you refuse to acknowledge what they have to say.

I can see the women entering into this area of the military will have many difficulties to surmount with attitudes the way they exist, if left the way it is (similar to the law enforcement problems).

None of the info you posted really said anything. You showed a photo of several females in "light" combat gear. You wouldnt know that. Its a propaganda photo shoot. I am not saying this because of an attitude but more like a low threshold for bulls#t. Now females like these could do some positions near the front on security ect but they couldnt cut it in a line company. They shouldnt be in a line company. I say this knowing that you dont understand what a line company is but hope you would take my word for it as I do understand.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 09:54 AM
link   

reply to post by gangdumstyle

That would be her decision not yours.

Do you think a woman like yourself could take orders from a man in a line company? Could you take yelling from a man, in combat, without being offended? Could you take direction and criticism from male peers? You know you cant fall back on that "its her decision" mind set when you have a responsibility for another persons life.

You already indicated that you would have conditions for watching someones, a mans, back if he didnt talk to you properly. You think I want a woman like you watching my back? You shouldnt be anywhere near men in a life and death situation with an attitude like that. And further if they do put females in ground units they need to test for these sort and weed them out.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 10:00 AM
link   

You can"t fight opinion with experience. You have 99% of the facts on your side, but only that 1% matters to some people.

Let them try and let them pass or fail. Even with a lower standard, there are ways to get them out of combat units (as we both know). Even men that do not have "the gear" to serve, fall by the wayside when it's crunch time. Why should women be any different.

You are not going to change her mind, but good luck to you.

new topics
top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join