It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quran Vs. Bible (And the vast contradictions between the two)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 10:57 PM
link   
6. Religion is man made. Contradictions are filled in your scriptures to keep you fighting.

I find it amazing that islam and christians believe in the same Men, but disagree on the god.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by HoneyBe

Know that I have no religion.. ..only faith.
Now on to your question in regards to the difference between
the two 'God Breathed' documents.

The Bible was writtten in Hebrew.

The Qu'ran was written in Arabic.

Different speaking cultures translate differently.
Words in conjecture with a sentence translate to the sentence.

Be well-be safe-and above all, be love.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 12:30 AM
link   
This is a very interesting thread , yes it is very true. Indeed it is reasonable to have discrepancies in datas and books indfferently, while those books passes hand to hand through the course of history, since we all are human beings,locked in time and space with ego, No doubt about it!

The so called hadith books that muslims carry with them are 99 percent corrupted and it is proven .but when I go through the contents of Quran I noticed Quran never give prority to either Mohammed nor jesus in general,see

(5: 75 )Christ the son of Mary was no more than a messenger; many were the messengers that passed away before him. His mother was a woman of truth. They had both to eat their (daily) food. See how Allah doth make His signs clear to them; yet see in what ways they are deluded away from the truth!

( 3: 144) Muhammad is no more than a messenger: many Were the messenger that passed away before him. If he died or were slain, will ye then Turn back on your heels? If any did turn back on his heels, not the least harm will he do to Allah; but Allah (on the other hand) will swiftly reward those who (serve Him) with gratitude.

But!! Hadith books does,try to promote Mohammed to a super hero like superman.. When Quran never says to the followers of other books, either holy Torah or holy Bible to follow Quran, it says to hold their books. see (5: 68)

''Say: O followers of the Book! you follow no good till you keep up the Taurat and the Injeel and that which is revealed to you from your Lord; and surely that which has been revealed to you from your Lord shall make many of them increase in inordinacy and unbelief; grieve not therefore for the unbelieving people.''

And sorry guys ! I'm not going to justify that you are wrong and I'm right and above all we are sharing these for the sole purpose of knowledge,to deny ignorance

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by RizeorDie
SUN SON SUN-GOD SUNDAY

the Bible does what it is intended to, guide you to worship the SUN.

Maybe Jesus was real, and maybe he came with a message, but the Romans did what they do best, incorporate things into their culture/empire and so paganism is seen all over the bible
edit on 23/1/2013 by RizeorDie because: (no reason given)

You got 3 stars for that?

While I respect your difference in opinion. I'm not here to debate whether The Bible is legitimate and true, or not. I do not need that debate right now, because I believe it is and by faith I continue to believe even more so that it is truth. If there are words in there you claim are/were incorporated by the Romans, then I believe that God has bestowed the faithful believer the ability to discern what is from Him and what is not. This is what the symbolism of the "seeds" is. Some seeds were planted that were not from God, those do not take root inside the believer. That's my faith in God. But this topic is about the differences between the Bible and Quran, if you have some information or insight into that, I certainly welcome it

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by MichiganSwampBuck
I read the Quran during Desert Storm and I have my opinions, ones that would certainly see my head rolling around a soccer field.

IMO, falsehoods could have found there way into the Bible, but I would rather believe most of the Bible and little to nothing found in the Quran. From what I've read, my understanding is that Islam is a violent and intolerant theocracy that combines religion, politics and war.

I'd rather believe in a forgiving God that came to earth as a human to sacrifice his life in order to save our souls than a god that says it's OK to lie, cheat, steal, torture, enslave and kill all unbelievers. "Conversion by the sword" or total genocide, that's pretty much Islam in a nutshell.

Thank you for your input!! I had often wondered if some of the military personnel who go to various middle eastern territories would choose to read Quran and what their/your thoughts were. I hesitate to suggest to Bible believers to read the Quran, but also it can be useful in discernment and for me personally has really boosted my faith even more so in the Bible (as being the definitive and only legitimate source of or from God)

Sure there could be mistakes in the Bible, little typos here and there, something added, something taken out, but I believe we were given that warning within the Bible anyway and God is so much more powerful then any of us can possibly give him credit for because His power is beyond human comprehension. That said, I believe God can allow a person to see what God wants Him to see so if there is something added in the Bible, the reader will not even SEE it, God will just blind us to that unnecessary information. God bestows the believer with sight to see truth, so why not bestow the believer with blindness to what is not true. Anyway...

I agree with you, comparatively and taking a deeper heartfelt look into both Quran and Bible, clearly we can see they are so similar and yet so different, even the tone. Did you sense the difference in tone?? Almost harsh, cold, lacking in the love tone I find all in the Bible, even in war writing I still felt the love there.

Thanks again for not only reading and responding but also for you duty as a member of the armed forces

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nevertheless

Originally posted by HoneyBe
As a Believer in the Bible as the being the Holy and anointed Word of God and therefore using it to discern (wisdom) Then clearly something is not right here.
1. The Angel Gabriel is a liar
2. The Angel Gabriel was telling the truth initially, but fell somewhere between 1BC and 700AD.
3. Mohammed was a liar.
4. The entity that delivered the message to Mohammed was a liar and identity thief.

What is the point of such an assumption that the Bible is correct?
There is a reason why both christianity and islam exist.
Both are patches on the old book because some people didn't like it.

So *IF* The Bible is correct and legitimate (which I believe it is) Then right here in these few passages above we are given the wisdom to know that Islam is not a Religion ordained by the same God who sent forth the Bible.

Isn't that obvious regardless of the Bible being true or not?

OK Nevertheless. You and another member asked that I re-read your post here. I am obviously missing something. And I was on very little sleep at the time I wrote this post and didn't expect many responses soon after, so forgive me.

Are you agreeing with me that the Bible is the infallible word of God? If so, do you agree there are contradictions between Quran and Bible? Have you read them both?

I converted to Islam about 4 years ago, met my husband a year later who is also a Muslim and we reside in the middle east now (I am American and raised Christian) this is just a little piece of background so you can understand more of my reason for wanting to discuss this topic and also my journey to get myself away from what is wrong and closer to what is right and true. Of course it is alot more detailed than what I've given and you're welcome to ask any questions which I'll be happy to answer the best I can or find the answer for you.

I fell into the trap of believing the Bible and Quran were both given/ordained by the same God, only to discover the further I went into reading and studying and listening to others about Islam that something was not right, I kept backing on the Bible for the questions I had that would continually arise, so I did a really deeper study and prayed over this situation and am now wanting to share what truths and discrepancies I have found between the Bible and Quran. This is specifically about Bible and Quran, not the Religions based on them, that would take us to a whole new level of discrepancies.

I welcome any help here and if I need to submit links to the above Bible passages and Surat please let me know. But what are your thoughts?
My thoughts are that this is quite pointless. No one argues that these two religions are different. That's why they exist.

What is pointless? This topic? My welcoming any help here? Your thoughts? I did not understand the comment.

So *IF* The Bible is correct and legitimate (which I believe it is) Then right here in these few passages above we are given the wisdom to know that Islam is not a Religion ordained by the same God who sent forth the Bible.
Isn't that obvious regardless of the Bible being true or not?

Isn't what obvious? That Islam is not a Religion ordained by God? If that's your view then I would disagree. It is not obvious at all. There are people converting from all over the world, from different religions to Islam on a daily basis and the Religion has grown massive over just the last decade alone. If it was obvious, then the Religion would not have made it to the Western world. And most Muslim's for sure will disagree with you! They believe it is the ONLY true Religion and that Quran has never been tainted with, where as they just know the Bible was tainted with and this is their weapon they use against the Bible believer and/or Christian, so it is not obvious and it is a real big problem when you understand what has happened and is happening on a grand scale.

All in all, from your response now which I have read now three times, all I gather is that it's all pointless and now I've taken the time to respond to you that in a manner that I believe it is not pointless, all of this has a point and someone else might see it, help me, learn something from what I've provided or share their experience with it. But if you think it's all pointless, then not much you can add here that's helpful, is there?
edit on 24-1-2013 by HoneyBe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by slugger9787
reply to post by HoneyBe

HoneyBe.
This is a courageous thread for you to pen.
There are other differences in the comparison of the two books.
Thank you for pointing out what I consider the primary difference.
Christians believe that Jesus is God and the Son of God made man.
Islam believes he was a prophet.
Islam also understands that Jesus said He was the Son of God.
Islam also believes that Prophets do not and cannot lie.
This is a very basic discrepancy in Islam that is often overlooked.
I am a Catholic.

Thank you very much! It is not easy for me especially if you knew my current situation, but it is something I feel the need to share and hope others such as yourself will also share what you know and assist in confirmation of these things.

What you've pointed out is also something I've noticed! It's hard to explain, but for example. The Quran states one of the requirements is to believe in all THREE Books; Torah, Gospel, Quran. So IF and from a Muslim perspective here, IF that is a "requirement" then why do Muslims constantly state their Religion is true and perfect because the Bible was altered? I have literally had this discussion with Muslims until I am quite blue in the face and they still will not grasp it. That alone, in their Book would be God commanding them to believe all three books, yet they do not and at the same time they are adamant that the Prophet Mohammed was written about in Torah and Gospel. There is just so much confusion there....that insight alone is what prompted me to start looking further because God is not a deceiver, He does not wish the believer to be in the land of confusion, it is better to be hot or cold than lukewarm etc...

Thank you for sharing that here and anything else you can think of, I would really appreciate

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 05:50 AM
link   
reply to post by slugger9787

Oh! I was not aware of this at all Slugger! I will look into this online but if you have handy any links for those older manuscripts of the Quran it would be very helpful and much appreciated. I honestly did not know there were found some older manuscripts!

Thank you so much!!

P.S Thanks for the links, the last one pretty well sums it up don't you think? I gave you stars for being helpful

edit on 24-1-2013 by HoneyBe because: add sentence

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 06:00 AM
link   
I've responded to everyone's replies on page 1 and will get to those who replied on page 2 a bit later as I'm going off line for a while. But I want to thank you all for reading and sharing what you have, even if it's in disagreement it's important because disagreement's can at least fuel me to seek further in finding that truth. And....hopefully help someone else along the way.

I have so much more to add to this topic but it needs to go in steps so I don't get all sidetracked or sidetrack the reader, however, if anyone reading has any information that is conducive to this thread please by all means share it.

Thanks again everyone and be blessed in your journey to find truth and defend it.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by HoneyBe

In the Bible the angel Gabriel tells Mary Jesus shall be called "the Son of the Highest" but in Quran the angel Gabriel say's it is "not befitting for Allah to take a son"

As a Believer in the Bible as the being the Holy and anointed Word of God and therefore using it to discern (wisdom) Then clearly something is not right here.

What many don't realize is that Jesus is NOT the only one called "son of God". Adam and David are also called "son of God" in the Bible.

So before you proceed any further, first figure out if Christians believe Adam and David is as much a "son of God" as Jesus is.

"The similitude of Jesus before Allah is as that of Adam. He created him from dust, then said to him, "BE!" and he was."
-Koran 3:59

edit on 24-1-2013 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by sk0rpi0n
reply to post by HoneyBe

In the Bible the angel Gabriel tells Mary Jesus shall be called "the Son of the Highest" but in Quran the angel Gabriel say's it is "not befitting for Allah to take a son"

What many don't realize is that Jesus is NOT the only one called "son of God". Adam and David are also called "son of God" in the Bible.

So before you proceed any further, first figure out if Christians believe Adam and David is as much a "son of God" as Jesus is.

"The similitude of Jesus before Allah is as that of Adam. He created him from dust, then said to him, "BE!" and he was."
-Koran 3:59

edit on 24-1-2013 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

Very good you brought this up! Yes, many Muslims do not believe this! All Christians do! We all believe we are "sons" of God and that Jesus is the "Son" of God. First time I ever said that to a very dedicated Muslim his eyes popped out of his head,
really, they did, in that moment you would have thought I had said a horrible blasphemy.

It's the Quran though and not the individual here that I was pin-pointing. The Surat clearly states "It is not befitting for Allah to take upon him a son" So if you are Muslim and disagree, then you're disagreeing with your own book which you follow. That right there alone should prompt the individual to question either their book, their God or themselves and their true dedication and belief for that which the book states.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by HoneyBe

Very good you brought this up! Yes, many Muslims do not believe this! All Christians do! We all believe we are "sons" of God and that Jesus is the "Son" of God.

Thats an english take on the subject.
The concept of A son and THE son does not exist in the Bible.

Funny how both Adam and Jesus are called sons of God in the Bible.. yet only Jesus is seen as THE son of God... in the sense of being divine.

These are subjects which I have discussed in depth at ATS.

Here are some of my threads on this subject...
The other "only begotten" son of God (David)
Adam and Jesus...the "sons of God"
"Jesus is God" = Mary is "the mother of God"

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 09:04 AM
link   

reply to post by HoneyBe

Very good you brought this up! Yes, many Muslims do not believe this! All Christians do! We all believe we are "sons" of God and that Jesus is the "Son" of God.

Thats an english take on the subject.
The concept of A son and THE son does not exist in the Bible.

Funny how both Adam and Jesus are called sons of God in the Bible.. yet only Jesus is seen as THE son of God... in the sense of being divine.

These are subjects which I have discussed in depth at ATS.

Here are some of my threads on this subject...
The other "only begotten" son of God (David)
Adam and Jesus...the "sons of God"
"Jesus is God" = Mary is "the mother of God"

I will go through your threads and read them, thank you!!

It's not funny that Jesus is seen as the Son of God in the sense of being divine. He really is both divine and the son of God. Which makes Him..."the divine son of God" He was not conceived by semen and egg, He was just conceived inside Mary's womb, she carried Him and delivered Him only. So technically speaking here or logically anyway, He has no earthly father, whereas you and I and David do. Now Adam can also be perceived as the first son of God, he too had no father. (So let's stop there for one moment on Adam and let me ask you something which I have never received an answer to and am really hoping you can provide one.)

And behold, We said to the angels: “Bow down to Adam” and they bowed down. Not so Iblis (Satan): he refused and was haughty: he was of those who reject Faith. (2: 34)

So we both agreed already that Adam, the first man was/is a son of God. And God commanded all creation or angels to bow to God's only and first man/son of God! Satan refused and we know what happened to Satan for refusing....

So then thousands of years later...God creates a second Adam but not from earth this time or dust, but from spirit and flesh (God and Mary) And same exact scenario is repeated...God commands all mankind this time to bow in worship/honor of His son Jesus.

So....if Satan was cast out of heaven for not bowing to Adam as God commanded, then do you honestly think humans would receive any less punishment for not bowing to Jesus as God also commanded?

This is a particular area, that is going to be real difficult for you and I know this from experience so I just ask you to really ponder both situations Adam and Jesus and the comparisons and the outcome and the severe punishment Satan has received.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by HoneyBe

And behold, We said to the angels: “Bow down to Adam” and they bowed down. Not so Iblis (Satan): he refused and was haughty: he was of those who reject Faith. (2: 34)

So we both agreed already that Adam, the first man was/is a son of God. And God commanded all creation or angels to bow to God's only and first man/son of God! Satan refused and we know what happened to Satan for refusing....

No we did not both agree that Adam was a literal son of God. The term doesn't even appear in the Koran.

The deal with Iblis was that he was among the Djinn race who was given the rank of an angel.
He, being made of fire.... had issues with bowing to a being made of clay who he saw as inferior.

So....if Satan was cast out of heaven for not bowing to Adam as God commanded, then do you honestly think humans would receive any less punishment for not bowing to Jesus as God also commanded?

Adam was Gods newest creation....a "human" made of earth. He was the third race....in addition to the angels (made of light) and the djinn (made of fire).
Satan, being a Djinn had a superiority complex and refused to bow towards something he saw as inferior.

Besides Jesus himself taught his own followers to worship God and NOT him.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by HoneyBe

Originally posted by MichiganSwampBuck
I read the Quran during Desert Storm and I have my opinions, ones that would certainly see my head rolling around a soccer field.

IMO, falsehoods could have found there way into the Bible, but I would rather believe most of the Bible and little to nothing found in the Quran. From what I've read, my understanding is that Islam is a violent and intolerant theocracy that combines religion, politics and war.

I'd rather believe in a forgiving God that came to earth as a human to sacrifice his life in order to save our souls than a god that says it's OK to lie, cheat, steal, torture, enslave and kill all unbelievers. "Conversion by the sword" or total genocide, that's pretty much Islam in a nutshell.

Thank you for your input!! I had often wondered if some of the military personnel who go to various middle eastern territories would choose to read Quran and what their/your thoughts were. I hesitate to suggest to Bible believers to read the Quran, but also it can be useful in discernment and for me personally has really boosted my faith even more so in the Bible (as being the definitive and only legitimate source of or from God)

Sure there could be mistakes in the Bible, little typos here and there, something added, something taken out, but I believe we were given that warning within the Bible anyway and God is so much more powerful then any of us can possibly give him credit for because His power is beyond human comprehension. That said, I believe God can allow a person to see what God wants Him to see so if there is something added in the Bible, the reader will not even SEE it, God will just blind us to that unnecessary information. God bestows the believer with sight to see truth, so why not bestow the believer with blindness to what is not true. Anyway...

I agree with you, comparatively and taking a deeper heartfelt look into both Quran and Bible, clearly we can see they are so similar and yet so different, even the tone. Did you sense the difference in tone?? Almost harsh, cold, lacking in the love tone I find all in the Bible, even in war writing I still felt the love there.

Thanks again for not only reading and responding but also for you duty as a member of the armed forces

In my post I should have said that when Desert Storm happened, I read the Quran. I wasn't in the service, I was in college at the time. Living in the Detroit area and attending college downtown, I got to meet quite a few middle eastern people and was pretty aware of terrorist groups and their ties to Islam. Also, having read the text of many religions, I decided it was time to read that one.

Sorry I lead anyone to believe I was in the service during Desert Storm, the most I ever did was talk to recruiters and register for the draft when it was made mandatory. I can't take any credit for being a vet.
edit on 24-1-2013 by MichiganSwampBuck because: For Clairity

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by HoneyBe

It's not funny that Jesus is seen as the Son of God in the sense of being divine. He really is both divine and the son of God. Which makes Him..."the divine son of God" He was not conceived by semen and egg, He was just conceived inside Mary's womb, she carried Him and delivered Him only.

Jesus was not conceived by sperm and egg.... yet needed a womb.

However.....Adam was created without sperm, egg AND womb. In fact, he was the very first human created by God. Why don't Christians make a God out of Adam as well?

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by slugger9787
reply to post by HoneyBe

HoneyBe.
This is a courageous thread for you to pen.
There are other differences in the comparison of the two books.
Thank you for pointing out what I consider the primary difference.
Christians believe that Jesus is God and the Son of God made man.
Islam believes he was a prophet.
Islam also understands that Jesus said He was the Son of God.
Islam also believes that Prophets do not and cannot lie.
This is a very basic discrepancy in Islam that is often overlooked.
I am a Catholic.

from where you got "Islam understands that he was son of God"?

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Jesus was not conceived by sperm and egg.... yet needed a womb. However.....Adam was created without sperm, egg AND womb. In fact, he was the very first human created by God. Why don't Christians make a God out of Adam as well?

Christians don't make Jesus into a God .. Jesus Himself said He is God.
He proved it with the miracles he performed.
Jesus was fully human and fully God.
You've been told this over and over .. and shown the scripture with direct quotes from Jesus.

Adam didn't ever exist. that's one of many creation myths.

However, just to play along ... Jesus said that He came down from Heaven and He claimed the title 'I AM'. He performed miracles to prove that he was indeed divine. In the creation myth, Adam is obviously created out of nothing and is fully human, not divine at all. Adam didn't claim to be divine or from heaven, and he SINNED. Jesus never sinned.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Besides Jesus himself taught his own followers to worship God and NOT him.

Besides, the angels of heaven worshipped Jesus. They wouldn't worship Jesus if He were just another man who would sin and rot in the grave, like Muhammad for example. I'm pretty sure the angels of heaven know better than you do Who God is and Who isn't.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Adam didn't ever exist. that's one of many creation myths.

First it was Moses.
Then you doubt Abraham.
Now you have a problem with Adam?

Are you even a Christian??

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join