It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In less than 24 hours, Feinstein will introduce assault weapons ban bill

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   
news.yahoo.com...

Sen. Dianne Feinstein, D-Calif., will introduce legislation Thursday morning to reinstate a federal ban on assault weapons, the senator's office announced Wednesday.

The "Assault Weapons Ban of 2013," which centers on banning military-style assault weapons and high-capacity ammunition feeding devices—actions backed by President Barack Obama—will be introduced during a press conference at 11 a.m. Thursday.

Well, it's pretty much here now. I was under the impression that the bill would be introduced on the 20th or 22nd, but it will be tomorrow morning for sure.

Im not for sure how this will go over in the senate. Im guessing it will be torn apart and get very watered down, and then will be sent to the house, which I think will problably block the entire thing. Or, the senate may just ignore the bill and let it sit there forever and let it die. I really hope this thing gets completely destroyed by the end of tomorrow.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   
wouldnt it be ironic if someone assasinated her with a .22

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I was under the impression that all bills had to be first introduced in the House first how can a "senator" introduce gun legislation?

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Here is what will happen. The House will refer it to committee, where it will unceremoniously die a quiet death.
Why bother with such tripe when you can make it go away, essentially forever, by sending it to committee?
Feinstein can go back home and say she tried, but, those evil house republicans gang tackled her. Her constituency will eat like Lay's potato chips. Win-win.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Is it still legal for me to own my laser guided surface to air missles though?

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mike U.
Here is what will happen. The House will refer it to committee, where it will unceremoniously die a quiet death.
Why bother with such tripe when you can make it go away, essentially forever, by sending it to committee?
Feinstein can go back home and say she tried, but, those evil house republicans gang tackled her. Her constituency will eat like Lay's potato chips. Win-win.

Meanwhile while she is introducing gun laws schools in her state are buying "assault weapons".

There is a thread bout that on here oh the hypocrisy knows no ends.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   
She is such a hypocrite, that lady is a witch. What's that you say Dianne? You carry a concealed weapon?

What's that talking point we keep hearing? Nobody is coming for our guns? LIARS!!!

Joe Biden, hypocrite and liar.

More lies, more hypocrisy.

edit on 23-1-2013 by Merlin Lawndart because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I believe bills relating to revenue can only be introduced in the house, not the senate. Other bills though can be introduced into the senate. (just going off of memory at the moment, not 100% sure)

eta - Raising revenue*
edit on 23-1-2013 by buni11687 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Yep just like NYS won't slam something through in 24 hrs. Believe it folks I am willing to bet this makes its way through all the hurdles. Lets just say I wouldn't be surprised at all. These anti gun nuts are on an agenda from hell they will stop at nothing and no just because someone is a R doesn't mean this is gonna auto fail.

new topics

top topics

join