It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Rise of the Drones"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Hope this is the right place to be posting this. I have a blog and deal with issues like the NSA or Cryptography or CIA or anything else that interests me. My last blog was on cyber-warfare. I have been collecting information for quite awhile about drones, the drone program, anything I could find that deals with drones. I have plenty of good information for my next blog post. This is basically a heads up that tonight on NOVA (Yes on PBS) will be airing "Rise of the Drones". It looks to be an excellent documentary. I am never really let down by Nova or Frontline.

www.pbs.org...

If you cannot watch it tonight which is understandable you can stream it on the PBS site most likely starting tomorrow.

If anyone has any good links about drones you can post them below or message me please.

I will share one link that I think does the best job of investigating the Drone Program.
www.thebureauinvestigates.com...
www.thebureauinvestigates.com...

I understand if your interested.. I understand if your not as well.

P.S. I am not hear to advertise my blog or drive hit rates etc.. that being said if you are interested in it please message me and I can provide a link.
edit on 23-1-2013 by GArnold because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Looks great, thanks so much for making us aware so we can watch it.
My reputation for dislike of drones may precede me.
People need to realize what they plan to do by putting up 30,000 drones over America.
It isn't to keep us "safe".
It's to keep us controlled.
The dollar is dying and control of the skies is crucial to them retaining their power.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

I'm in total agreement.There's no other reason for that many eyes in the skies.Next robot soldiers followed by robot police.All humans losing jobs of course.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

You are exactly right. The term death from above has taken on a whole new meaning. They will use drones for whatever they want basically. This is the CCTV system for the US. 30,000 drones is a ton of drones.
I saw one person interviewed about this show this morning on CNN (a retired General) and he said they had used drones in WW1, WW2, Korea and Vietnam. Obviously they are much more technologically advanced now and lethal. I am interested in the whole drone program. I have acquired a bunch of really good info but will wait till I watch tonight to get my thoughts together to write my blog entry. Glad to see that some other people besides from me are interested in this.
Between Stellar Wind (google it or search engine of your choice) and drones the privacy of a normal citizen has been essentially shot to hell.
edit on 23-1-2013 by GArnold because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   
and, because of their remote controllers, in a takeover of our country, when american drone operators get fed up with monitoring [and attacking] US citizens, they can be replaced with operators from India or other countries with no qualms about it.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   
The first thing I think about drones is... we're going to need to come up with a weapons system to start knocking out drones.

EMP anyone? (grin)

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by fourthmeal
The first thing I think about drones is... we're going to need to come up with a weapons system to start knocking out drones.

EMP anyone? (grin)

I would tend to agree that you can disable Drones with EMP. There is conjecture that the platforms can be hacked as in the case of the two the Iranians captured. They claimed they hacked the system and forced them to land. I do think Darpa and the US Govt must be looking for ways to protect valuable systems like drones from EMP pulse. I would not be shocked if these Drones even ones now have a configuration that is resistent to emp. I do not know any of this for a fact... It is just my theory. If I was in charge of the drone program I would be looking for ways to protect them from known risk potential.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   
In case you missed it and are interested in seeing it. The full program is available to watch. I personally find it amazing people are not interested in the technology that is being developed to control them. This is the ultimate 1984 (book) type device.

“He who controls the past controls the future. He who controls the present controls the past.”
― George Orwell, 1984
“War is peace.
Freedom is slavery.
Ignorance is strength.”
― George Orwell, 1984
“If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face—for ever.”
― George Orwell, 1984

Happy Viewing.
www.pbs.org...
edit on 24-1-2013 by GArnold because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   
It was a pretty good show, I can't help but think the new assault weapons ban is somehow related.
Without semi-autos nobody can bring them down.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
It was a pretty good show, I can't help but think the new assault weapons ban is somehow related.

The ones that will try that are not concerned with the ban either
. I do wonder how this will play out as far as sentencing for those that do it.

I can't believe they feel it is necessary to spend the resources on drones vs schools and such.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals

If you want to laugh at something.. I suggest this review on amazon for a drone toy. It is hilarious..

www.amazon.com...=cm_cr_dp_see_all_summary?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=

Here is a taste.. people are funny. All the replies are in the same vein..

""You've had a busy play day - You've wiretapped Mom's cell phone and e-mail without a warrant, you've indefinitely detained your little brother Timmy in the linen closet without trial, and you've confiscated all the Super-Soakers from the neighborhood children (after all, why does any kid - besides you, of course - even NEED a Super-Soaker for self-defense? A regular water pistol should be enough). What do you do for an encore?

That's where the US Air Force Medium Altitude, Long Endurance, Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV) RQ-1 Predator from Maisto comes in. Let's say that Dad has been labeled a terrorist in secret through your disposition matrix. Rather than just arrest him and go through the hassle of trying and convicting him in a court of law, and having to fool with all those terrorist-loving Constitutional protections, you can just use one of these flying death robots to assassinate him! Remember, due process and oversight are for sissies. Plus, you get the added bonus of taking out potential terrorists before they've even done anything - estimates have determined that you can kill up to 49 potential future terrorists of any age for every confirmed terrorist you kill, and with the innovative 'double-tap' option, you can even kill a few terrorist first responders, preventing them from committing terrorist acts like helping the wounded and rescuing survivors trapped in the rubble. Don't let Dad get away with anti-American activities! Show him who's boss, whether he's at a wedding, a funeral, or just having his morning coffee. Sow fear and carnage in your wake! Win a Nobel Peace Prize and be declared Time Magazine's Person of the Year - Twice!

This goes well with the Maisto Extraordinary Rendition playset, by the way - which gives you all the tools you need to kidnap the family pet and take him for interrogation at a neighbor's house, where the rules of the Geneva Convention may not apply. Loads of fun!"""

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 09:32 AM
link   
I saw this short part pretty much sums up how intrusive the US Govt is now. This technology is old.. that is why they are allowing us to view it. Incredible.. lets face it there is no where to hide and no where to go if shtf.

www.youtube.com...

There is something evil ish about the guy who made this. "This is what the government is allowing me to show you. The people deserve to know the technology capabilities".
edit on 27-1-2013 by GArnold because: (no reason given)

top topics

join