It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It wasn't programming

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Stuff going down at my favorite AF b ase.
Hope that Alex Jones freak doesn't say it is part of some conspiracy.

More details to come once it's over.

I probably knew the guy...

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   
?

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   
info? link?

Why make such a pointless post?

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Local GA AFB, Moody Air Force Base, Robins?
Or this Air Force general calls sex assaults a 'cancer'

Or?

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   
What's going down? other than temperature

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by shaneslaughta
info? link?

Why make such a pointless post?

What part of it's still going on don't you get? They aren't even letting the media in yet...

Just use your imagination ...what would Alex attribute to programming?

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by slapjacks
What's going down? other than temperature

Still don't have exact numbers yet. Trying to listen in on the radio chatter, but the dude behind me is blasting music.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   
ok, what base? how about what frequency are you listening to? i have radio equipment.

i get that its on going, but if you have information that something is going on.....tell us what you know so far!

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Maybe it's this?

Dreamingawake already mentioned this base, but i thought i should add the link as i just found it.

Active Shooter on Moody Air Force Base

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Bronagh

Yes that'll be it. No longer on lockdown so I'd imagine the media will tell all within a few minutes.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   
I was expecting something much different
... considering it was at an AFB..

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by ChuckNasty

Not wanting to get in trouble, I did not update this thread any further. Since it happened so long ago, I feel it is safe to do so.

The radio chatter I heard was from the SP at the gate. I heard that 2 people were detained in relation to the supposed shooting.

What happened was, another base was doing a 'lone shooter' exercise. The automated response system sent a response to the wrong base's top brass. Upon the automated response threat, the base had to act as if it were real regardless of any Intel it received from real people.

The automation system sent a threat of shooters at a certain building. The poor saps at the building had no clue. Security forces sent a response team to apprehend the perps... Meanwhile in the building, 2 guys were busy inputting their daily jobs into our IMDS system. Out of nowhere, security forces barged in and held those 2 at gun point. They were detained and questioned until 1800...

Sadly, I used to work at that building and knew those 2 persons. Before I knew of it being an error and after I heard the details of the supposed attack, I knew that it was a matter of time before someone over there snapped.

Once I found out the real info later, I felt relieved. I really didn't want my fellow mechanics to have snapped. I kinda did want certain people to 'pay-their-dues' but glad that they weren't hurt after all.

I also found out, that during the OMG moments, our tyrannical 23rd MXG commander 'hid' in our MOCC area. Our MOCC is a secure area that requires you to be buzzed in. He never left the area until it was proven to be safe. He still is an A-Hole to this day. He was granted an extension to his normal 2 year gig... We once had to stop work because there were 'weeds' along the road to our building...we still do weed patrol to this day - even though we pay civilians to do that for us...

The recent shooting at that navy place reminded me of this.

The US military has to put up with tons of crap every week/day. I feel that crap like this will be more common than we'd like. Don't blame the person, blame his POS boss IMO.

Still being AD AF, I request this old are thread closed.

I will, once I am retired, report any F'd up stuff to ATS. I'll be able to be more 'open' after I get that golden Blue ID card.

Ty for your time.

Tired of weak-ass leaders that wont rock the boat.

Mods, please close this thread.
edit on 19-9-2013 by ChuckNasty because: close prease

Edit. If crap like that shooting happens on a military installation, don't blame some black covert group. Humans can only take so much crap before they snap. It won't be due to an underlying cause, just pissed off people.
edit on 19-9-2013 by ChuckNasty because: as above

new topics

top topics

join