It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teen Killed Family, Planned Shooting Spree, Not Allowed Access To Violent Media Or Games!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by LadyGreenEyes

. . . Plus, people can and DO know the difference, unless mentally ill, between reality and fantasy.

People are evidently not understanding my carefully worded statements about that.

I have said repeatedly [color=6699FF]SOME parts of the brain in SOME respects in SOME contexts etc. etc. etc. do not distinguish (well, if at all), between fantasy and reality.

The unconscious appears to treat all inputs as more or less equally real--e.g. in some levels of hypnosis.

And, at the level of reflex and other physiological responses to stimuli, a fantasy situation can trigger ALMOST as much cortisol flooding the bloodstream as a real live situation. Both situations are treated VIRTUALLY the same.

I'm not currently up on PRECISELY WHICH brain centers treat stimuli virtually the same whether the stimuli are from fantasy or live face to face situations. I just know that some do.

And, I know that BECAUSE OF THAT, the CONDITIONING from the video games and from the movies is quite powerful in a list of ways. [color=6699FF]OTHERWISE, the globalist oligarchy would NOT have put so many millions into flooding the culture with such horrific garbage. They KNOW that it's effective and that it provides a fair amount of bang for their buck in terms of the goals I've mentioned earlier.

Above a very young age, we can tell those apart.

OF COURSE. That's not my point. I've not said that the whole brain of a more or less average person cannot tell the difference. I've not said that.

I have said that [color=6699FF]certain discrete, specific brain centers treat certain kinds of fantasy stimuli VIRTUALLY THE SAME as face to face stimuli. The triggering of cortisol in the blood stream by part of the brain when faced with fantasy OR "real" face to face stimuli is but one example.

Studies claiming otherwise are simply not accurate.

Please see the above. It doesn't help mutually understanding dialogue when folks put their assumptions onto my words. The studies have not claimed that and I've not claimed that.

That hundreds of thousands play these games, and most do not ever go out and commit such crimes, is pretty good evidence that the games are not the cause. In the case of Columbine, I believe the cause was that those kids felt alienated in school, and were probably bullied. No game would be needed there to cause what they did. Even then, most bullied kids don't go and shoot people at their schools. Not even most with guns in the home.

I've tried to articulate above and on the other thread . . .

[color=6699FF]There are MANY FACTORS which contribute to a specific violent set of behaviors in a specific time and in a specific context . . . e.g.

1. When and what the person ate
2. The degree--amount and quality--intensity, duration and TYPE of ATTACHMENT DISORDER
3. peer group
4. authority issues
5. control issues
6. hormonal makeup
7. genetic personality factors
8. dynamics within peer group; family; closer relationships
9. recent incidents within peer group; family; closer relationships
10. the values, memes, themes, stories the person most treasures; has been most immersed in; is most stimulated/excited by
11. the weather
12. news stories at the time
13. recent popular movies at the time
14. incidental statements/actions/threats/comments by passers-by as well as those in his social groups at or near the time
15. spiritual forces within and without
16. stimulus-response/ behavior-consequences/ patterns that have been built up over long periods of time.
etc. etc

"Only" 2-4 of the above have to do with the violent games/movies. However, ALL OTHER THINGS BEING EQUAL, THOSE 2-4 factors CAN BE SUFFICIENT to push a given individual over the line into violent behavior in CERTAIN contexts at a CERTAIN time in CERTAIN ways etc. etc.

It's simply a fact that there will be some violent people, and sometimes, those people will act against many others. It's been that way since the Fall of Man.

That's beside the point. Of course that's true.

It will get worse because things are starting to approach the end game. That we have electronic versions of our childhood pirate, cops and robbers, etc games isn't the reason things are worse.

See above. Nevertheless, the horrendous versions of same are constructed FOR A REASON or horrific set of reasons--WHICH DO APPLY, ARE TRUE, HAVE SERIOUS CONSEQUENCES.

--collectively and individually in our culture.

edit on 26/1/2013 by BO XIAN because: trying to fix tags

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by BO XIAN
I think you're aware I have a more amplified set of responses to such issues going here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I greatly appreciate your kind responses to much of what I write. Thanks enormously. I feel similarly toward you. Certainly you are invited to disagree whenever it's authentic for you to do so.

I don't think I have looked at that thread, but will take time to do so, after checking others for responses.

In these threads, I'm talking about the ADDED UMPH toward violence fostered by violent media and video games. And, to a lesser degree, a subset of that--the DELIBERATE CREATION, DESIGN AND USE of such media and games by the satanic globalist oligarchy toward their goals of:

1. gun confiscation
2. general death and destruction toward trashing the 'old order' of our Judeo/Christian foundational culture and values
3. in order to make establishment of the literally satanic NWO easier to more overtly establish on the world stage
4. general death and destruction as a sub-set of their UN Agenda 21.

Fair enough. I won't argue that there is some clear manipulation going on, in certain areas of the various entertainment fields.

That's an interesting point. I haven't investigated all such killings. I would agree it's rare.

However, it is inescapable to me that the video games and other media WHICH HAVE OUTRAGEOUSLY HORRIFIC VIOLENCE ARE designed with the above specific goals in mind. And, they do ADD UMPH to THOSE WHO spend significant time immersed in such.

Still, there have been indications that some of these shooters might have been brainwashed. Perhaps, in some cases, the games are used as part of a more elaborate plan. Nothing harmful or dangerous to people, unless they also are subjected to other factors. That, I will concede, is very possible.

However, even 100 years ago . . . if there were a kid from an alcoholic, abusive father family who was PARTICULARLY mean-spirited, vicious in his playing with sticks and toy guns . . . then folks would have been foolish to have encouraged their children to play with him.

Oh, definitely! In this case, it would seem better education on the potential issues for parents would be in order. Some sort of law that requires one to be over a certain age to purchase the most violent games, and that would also offer warnings for parents, stating that children with emotional issues, violent tendencies, etc., might be better off if they didn't play those games. Many parents really are clueless, and think "game" means "safe". As a gamer, I am more aware, but a lot aren't. So, better information would help. Of course, if there is such an agenda as we are discussing, then they would protest any such measures. Heck, they already protest any controls, calling such things "censorship".

My real issue is that there are people who seem to want more and more government control over every aspect of our lives. Information, as I suggested above, would be good. Allowing some government agency to decide what games are allowed, on the other hand, could have serious repercussions. It could even lead to having only the games they want sold. Subtle methods could be used, and if the selection was more limited, they could then have more people playing the ones they set up for some sort of mental manipulation.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 08:45 PM
link   

And, at the level of reflex and other physiological responses to stimuli, a fantasy situation can trigger ALMOST as much cortisol flooding the bloodstream as a real live situation. Both situations are treated VIRTUALLY the same.

I'm not currently up on PRECISELY WHICH brain centers treat stimuli virtually the same whether the stimuli are from fantasy or live face to face situations. I just know that some do.

Well, that makes more sense. What we really need to know is exactly how those portions of the brain are used, and how they can affect the person. Whether it is possible for such exposure to affect a person over time, and what factors might make this more likely, if it is possible. I would think it more likely that a game that simply contained fighting would not necessarily be a danger, whereas the type you talk about, that shows no moral constraints, and encourages anti-social behavior, would be more likely to affect people negatively.

There are MANY FACTORS which contribute to a specific violent set of behaviors in a specific time and in a specific context . . . e.g.

1. When and what the person ate
2. The degree--amount and quality--intensity, duration and TYPE of ATTACHMENT DISORDER
3. peer group
4. authority issues
5. control issues
6. hormonal makeup
7. genetic personality factors
8. dynamics within peer group; family; closer relationships
9. recent incidents within peer group; family; closer relationships
10. the values, memes, themes, stories the person most treasures; has been most immersed in; is most stimulated/excited by
11. the weather
12. news stories at the time
13. recent popular movies at the time
14. incidental statements/actions/threats/comments by passers-by as well as those in his social groups at or near the time
15. spiritual forces within and without
16. stimulus-response/ behavior-consequences/ patterns that have been built up over long periods of time.
etc. etc

"Only" 2-4 of the above have to do with the violent games/movies. However, ALL OTHER THINGS BEING EQUAL, THOSE 2-4 factors CAN BE SUFFICIENT to push a given individual over the line into violent behavior in CERTAIN contexts at a CERTAIN time in CERTAIN ways etc. etc.

Very true. I guess the real issue is, are there groups that can understand and control those factors in some people? If there is such an agenda (very possible, even probable), do they pick who will be affected in such a way, or do they simply play the odds? Understanding that could help combat the trend.

Originally posted by LadyGreenEyes
It's simply a fact that there will be some violent people, and sometimes, those people will act against many others. It's been that way since the Fall of Man.

That's beside the point. Of course that's true.

Originally posted by LadyGreenEyes
It will get worse because things are starting to approach the end game. That we have electronic versions of our childhood pirate, cops and robbers, etc games isn't the reason things are worse.

See above. Nevertheless, the horrendous versions of same are constructed FOR A REASON or horrific set of reasons--WHICH DO APPLY, ARE TRUE, HAVE SERIOUS CONSEQUENCES.

--collectively and individually in our culture.

I think that sort of is the point. The goals of those who would be working behind the scenes will inevitably lead to more and more evil happenings as the end approaches. This started at the Fall, and has been growing exponentially ever since. That is the reason they do it. They think they can win. You know, I am certain, that they will not, but they think they will, and will even seem to for a short time. We really aren't far apart on this at all.

<< 1  2   >>

join