It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Idea on creating jobs while keeping schools safe.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Lately with all the gun violence in schools it seems we have an issue on hand... Wouldn't it make sense to make these schools safer?

We have thousands of soldiers that when they finish tour, they struggle to find jobs. Why don't we employ the soldiers as armed guards across the nation at schools...? I also think something like this could help the current struggle with all the debate about gun law and the 2nd amendment.

It makes sense to create jobs for the soldiers that can't find jobs while at the same time making school safer for children to attend...

edit on 23-1-2013 by slapjacks because: blah

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   
little snag would be that the Homeland Security are classing veterans as terrorist risks to the U.S.

Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano said Wednesday that she was briefed before the release of a controversial intelligence assessment and that she stands by the report, which lists returning veterans among terrorist risks to the U.S.

www.washingtontimes.com...
edit on 23-1-2013 by haven123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by haven123

Ah that's crap... We honor and cherish these folks when they're on duty calling them hero's for our country and protecting our country and freedom... And when they get back all of sudden they're considered a terroristic threat??? i'll call BS big time..

The real threat are the puppeteers.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by slapjacks

its sick isnt it

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by slapjacks

I just don't see "all" of this violence.
There was a big shooting awhile back and one recently but by the percentages, shooting is very very low on what is actually hurting folks in the US.
I'd say get rid of legal pharmaceuticals first, then cars, then legal alcohol, along with a laundry list of other things waaay before guns.
Now about soldiers in schools, are we talking about the same guys who are killing themselves in greater numbers than the enemy has this year?? Suicide sucks when you are young and healthy!
Are these the same grup who urinated on corpses and threw a puppy into a ravine, target practiced on a camel and beat a goat with a ballbat???
You want these guys guarding your local schoolgrounds and it's children??
Arent these guys the ones who failed to prepare for their future and at the eleventh hour just enlisted with the first government agency that would sign a paycheck???
How about we arm the parents and teachers and administrators, you know, the ones who love their children.
I don't like the idea of a police state, and cops just wanna fill quotas, they lie to do this, now that is what we have had a rash of, cops and investigators being found skewing evidence and making up stories.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by g146541

Obviously not those "types" of soldiers. You can't stereotype them all and call them all the same... I mean there would have to be a set of regulations in place as to whether or not that retiree is applicable. such as psychological tests, investigative research of there time spent in war and the duties they performed etc etc..

new topics

top topics

join