It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evolution in a nutshell

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by GR1ill3d
reply to post by sleeper

There is no such thing as chance, coincidence, or evolution. Everything happens for a reason or it doesn't happen at all.

The above statement is one of the most ignorant statements I have ever heard come from anyone EVER.
Such an absolute claim is an obvious sign of ignorance. Please stop.

Edit: Evolution is more of natural selection not just a "Chance". Before you make a thread like this, go actually educate yourself on the subject matter instead of advertising your ignorance.
edit on 1/25/1313 by GR1ill3d because: (no reason given)

edit on 1/25/1313 by GR1ill3d because: (no reason given)

Your statement above wants to make me rethink evolution and the possibility that at least some people are from the ape family. But as hard as I try I can't lie to myself.

Evolution is a farce. Granted a lot of people don't think so and a lot more need evolution to be true because they make their living on that subterfuge.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by sleeper

There is no point in arguing with someone who hasn't studied evolution at all, who does not back-up his own claims while at the same time dismissing a scientific theory.

You are free to "believe" in whatever you like and you are free to dismiss science.
The site does say "Deny ignorance", but I guess I cannot help you with that.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Lot of people confuse evolution with progression. Human progression is what we are seeing when we look at the advancements we have made through inventions. That's not evolution. One simple invention leads to another slightly more complex one, which leads to an improved version and so on and we grow as we go, that is to say we progress along with our inventions, our brains use more of the previously unused capacity which is still around 80% so there's lots of room for further progression. Whether this will ultimately lead us to a higher plane of existence is certainly dubious IMO except in the historical sense, one could argue that we live on a higher plane of existence than our ancestors of just 100 years ago with our advanced technology as a case in point while another could argue that we have actually gone backwards using the current state of the world as their case in point. Ah, perspectives, where would we be..

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul
Nicely ignoring that you were just plain wrong about what a scientific theory is!!

Evolution is a sceintific fact - drug resistant strains of various diseases are a fact, not "just a theory".

And natural selection as a mechanism for evolution is also a fact - as demonstrated by Lenski's experiment.

you choosing to ignore them does not stop them from being facts.

Evolution is a theory. There are many variations on what scientists themselves think about this. My uncle was a physicist and my father a science/math teacher, and we grew up with omni magazine and science digest back in the days when things were not so suppressed. (as a side note, my son is taking physics. his first year was around 95% for all his subjects combines, that included physics, calculus, chemistry, computer programming and english. English was his worst. And I'd like to share that teacher told the class: so far you've learnt things that aren't true. And very soon again, I'll have to teach you yet another thing that isn't true. If that isn't a push to seek alternative science such as Keely's Secret, Walter Russell and Tesla stuff, I don't what is!)

In any case, diverse opinions about evolution. First of all, there isn't enough time, at least what they're calling the evolution of all life on this planet, and they're not teaching cycles or that there were many ccokies out of the oven, just this one current one. They hide all the rest. But, it takes longer for things to diversify, and in addition, to suggest that one thing diversified into many, when roses don't become other plants, is ludicrous.

What instead has been found by some specialized science groups, and the problem seems to be, they're compartmentalized so few get together and share notes and make guesses after connecting information through different types of sciences, however, things seem to be guided. They seem to be channeled by deliberate intention down differing routes or avenues. So they don't share notes in an interdisciplinary fashion and would make more intelligent guesses, ie theories, if they did.

In fact, its more like things are pulled from the Future, than pushed from behind, the past. The eschaton pulls us, to the plan that is made.

And some scientists already support that theory.

So to suggest this is a fact when its not, its a theory and theories are but altars they worship on, rather than observable things often, most scientists are bought off corporate agents that serve agendas, and they destroy the careers of any who step out of line.

edit on 25-1-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nevertheless
reply to post by sleeper

There is no point in arguing with someone who hasn't studied evolution at all, who does not back-up his own claims while at the same time dismissing a scientific theory.

You are free to "believe" in whatever you like and you are free to dismiss science.

This about sums it up for me when debating evolution with someone who CLEARLY has no idea what he/she is talking about, and just spouts off without thinking.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 07:23 PM
link   

reply to post by sleeper

I went to school and was taught evolution as everyone was, I just didn't buy it. Some people are easily manipulated in our schools. Not much we can do about that.

If more people "denied ignorance" they might have to do a little work on their own and not believe everything they are told by the establishment/educational system. Taking the easy road and not the less traveled road is no way to deny ignorance.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by GR1ill3d

reply to post by sleeper

This about sums it up for me when debating evolution with someone who CLEARLY has no idea what he/she is talking about, and just spouts off without thinking.

Good video, it was funny! It might be one that changes my opinion about evolutionary theory, what I got from it is that evolutionists, eventually, over time, evolve into donkeys? Am I close?

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Im with Sleeper on this one.
This evolution malarky doesn't jive with me. I feel that there is something unseen, something bigger and grander orchestrating stuff behind the scenes. Humans just cant see it very well (if at all)

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by raul bloodworth
Im with Sleeper on this one.
This evolution malarky doesn't jive with me. I feel that there is something unseen, something bigger and grander orchestrating stuff behind the scenes. Humans just cant see it very well (if at all)

Since no proof exists to either support or disprove the existence of GOD...I cannot nor can anyone say with 100% certainty that there either is or is not an intelligence behind the existence of our Universe and Multiverse.

However there is proof and I can say with 100% certainty that a continual state of Evolution both Biological and Quantum is occuring and has existed since the beginning of the moment our Universal Reality came into being.

It is also possible that one could say with 100% certainty that if a GOD existed and created this Universe and our Planet as a result...that GOD would have done so using the process of both Quantum Evolution and Biological Evolution.

Quantum Evolution is the process by which Quantum Particle/Wave Forms are in an ever continuing process by using various Cosmological Methods and our Realities Natural Laws of Physics...of Quantum Particle/Wave Forms Evolving into greater and even greater constructs of complexity which are Particles and Wave Forms of Energy and Matter then to Atoms to Molecules to extremely complex Molecules to below Life DNA...(Virus') as a Virus is not alive...and eventually LIFE.

Biological Evolution occurs once Quantum Evolution produces Life as that Life will by Biological Evolution that is Natural Selection, Mutation and Survival of the Fittest and Adaptation...continually evolve thus developing Humanity...and Biological Evolution will continue in Humans far beyond what we are now and within 5000 to 10,000 years create the next stage and form of Humanity as we will no longer be Homo Sapien...but something else.

Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by sleeper
I went to school and was taught evolution as everyone was, I just didn't buy it.

And you're still not telling why. Only telling that it's "stupid".
There are very throughout scientific explanations to evolution, and it shouldn't be that difficult for you to list them and tell why they do not reflect reality if you are confident that they do not make sense.
However, you will not be able to do that because the explanations DO make sense. Science has already taken care of the nonsensical claims, so what we are left with are things we actually can observe and confirm that they do make sense.

Some people are easily manipulated in our schools. Not much we can do about that.

All people are manipulated to a certain degree.
Some people are refusing what is presented to them regardless of how true, false or logical explanations they may be, because they think "believing" and ignoring what is being said is a better approach.

If more people "denied ignorance" they might have to do a little work on their own and not believe everything they are told by the establishment/educational system. Taking the easy road and not the less traveled road is no way to deny ignorance.

Ignorance is the result of not absorbing knowledge and being able to evaluate it, but by taking the easy road to just making things up. "Believing".

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 02:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Nevertheless

Very good post and reply.

The worse thing a person can do to another person who say's that they think that established Scientific Proofs are STUPID is to ask them....why?

Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Science has already taken care of the nonsensical claims, so what we are left with are things we actually can observe and confirm that they do make sense.

Science tries really hard to please and that's what I like about science, it is sincere and loyal. So is my dog, well if I had a dog I assume it would be like that.

A whole lot of things makes sense, a beautiful sunny morning a gorgeous evening sunset. But what the heck is the sun? No ones has a clue what the sun is, how it works, and most importantly why it works. It's still beautiful and I love sunny days, don't you?

Same with evolution, most everyone believes it, everyone has a theory about it, and many make a dam good living teaching that false religion to the masses. If I was making a living selling evolution theories I would change my mind about it too. Any openings in your department?

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Science tries really hard to please and that's what I like about science, it is sincere and loyal. So is my dog, well if I had a dog I assume it would be like that.

Excuse me.. Please whom?

A whole lot of things makes sense, a beautiful sunny morning a gorgeous evening sunset. But what the heck is the sun? No ones has a clue what the sun is, how it works, and most importantly why it works. It's still beautiful and I love sunny days, don't you?

....what?

Same with evolution, most everyone believes it, everyone has a theory about it, and many make a dam good living teaching that false religion to the masses. If I was making a living selling evolution theories I would change my mind about it too. Any openings in your department?

....what?

I'm sorry. I thought that you had a strong personal belief regarding our origin that might have shifted your logical thinking towards ignorance, but it seems to apply all areas.
I will end the discussion at that.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Science tries really hard to please

How can science "please"??
Whio is it it "pleases" and how?

A whole lot of things makes sense, a beautiful sunny morning a gorgeous evening sunset. But what the heck is the sun? No ones has a clue what the sun is,

Except for all those people who study the sun, and anyone who cares to read some of the myriad bit s of informatoin those peole have kindly passed on to those of us who don't, like, say, the wikipedia article on the sun

how it works, and most importantly why it works.

See above - there's this thing called "gravity", and if you get enough of it in the same place with some elements you get this other thing happening called "fusion"

Same with evolution, most everyone believes it, everyone has a theory about it, and many make a dam good living teaching that false religion to the masses.

Ah - the ol' "science is really a religion" BS...
In he absence of any actual rational thought, just throw out some meaningless flim flam...

If I was making a living selling evolution theories I would change my mind about it too. Any openings in your department?

So you admit that you are open to being changed by money - and yet you can't or won't actually tell us what it is you think is wrong with evolution?

Apparently we are supposed to accept your word, even though we have already shown that your concepts of evolution are provably wrong.

And who are you again?? ;puz:

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 07:24 AM
link   

[Evolution remains a scientific theory and a theory is not a fact it's only an idea, a guess, a theory.

A Scientific Theory is a technical term which differs from common English useage, which you have given above.

In Science a "theory" is NOT "an idea, a guess" - it is the 2nd highest level of Scientific knowledge if you like, "exceeded" only by a "law".

The formal scientific definition of theory is quite different from the everyday meaning of the word. It refers to a comprehensive explanation of some aspect of nature that is supported by a vast body of evidence. Many scientific theories are so well established that no new evidence is likely to alter them substantially. For example, no new evidence will demonstrate that the Earth does not orbit around the sun (heliocentric theory), or that living things are not made of cells (cell theory), that matter is not composed of atoms, or that the surface of the Earth is not divided into solid plates that have moved over geological timescales (the theory of plate tectonics)...One of the most useful properties of scientific theories is that they can be used to make predictions about natural events or phenomena that have not yet been observed.
- United States Natinal Academy of Science

"It's jsut a theory" is a demonstration of willful ignorance, because the definition of a scientific theory as above is well known and ther is no excuse for thinking otherwise.
edit on 24-1-2013 by Aloysius the Gaul because: (no reason given)

Really?

That's good to know...because see... I have a great theory and honestly it makes much more scientific sense then our current theory of evolution.

check this out....

Humans evolved from the banana! not the monkey, the banana. HA! to think that my theory is just under from being a law ROCKS!

Thanks man,

The Rat.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 07:31 AM
link   
my memory is fuzzy. but i seem to remember back in the 80's learning about cellular mitosis . the spindle fibers arrange the DNA molecule it what seems like a happy accident, allowing for species diversity and presumably mutations and the whole engine of evolution

I always wondered if that was actually the hand of god

makes you think
edit on 27-1-2013 by syrinx high priest because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Science tries really hard to please

How can science "please"??
Whio is it it "pleases" and how?

I have the banana theory therefor I am. I am Science....fear me!

How dare you ask how I please! You humans still think we came from apes, for crying out loud! You don't even see that in reality, as you know it, the banana theory, which BTW is pretty damn close to being a law from what I hear, is the true human path of evolution. Why you ask...it's all a big mistake man, get over it.

And please have a little respect for Science by not referring to me as an IT! I am a Noun you know, like the name of a person not a thing.

And sop trying to defend me, I science need no defenders, I sit atop a cloud in the heavens and let the lack of proof for evolution speak for itself.

You are but a peon in my game and you are wasting time arguing with this blasphemous heathen called Sleeper when you should be out on your hands and knees, in the dirt looking for the missing link!

yes....YES!!! Hahahahhahahguaguagua!

I task you to find the missing link between humans and The Banana! Go now! before i get angry and mistake you with a soul!

The Rat.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Sleeper is uniquivicably correct.

The education systems are propaganda machines. The curriculum is flawed.

Most PH.D's fudge on their research to fit what the bosses want. This is built into the education system and research labs. Look at most of the silly theories of the recent past. Refuted, but you never hear much about it.

Why is that so hard to believe?

Evolution is a Disney production...that lung fish growing legs to Apes getting smart... Seriously?
edit on 27-1-2013 by muse8011 because: mispelling

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by TucoTheRat

"It's jsut a theory" is a demonstration of willful ignorance, because the definition of a scientific theory as above is well known and ther is no excuse for thinking otherwise.
edit on 24-1-2013 by Aloysius the Gaul because: (no reason given)

Really?

That's good to know...because see... I have a great theory and honestly it makes much more scientific sense then our current theory of evolution.

check this out....

Humans evolved from the banana! not the monkey, the banana. HA! to think that my theory is just under from being a law ROCKS!

Thanks man,

The Rat.

I can buy that, I've seen a green banana turn yellow after a day. That's quite an evolution of a simple fruit from green to ripe. Almost as if it was intelligently designed to do that, ripen. Yet some people that believe themselves intelligent don't buy that. They believe that bananas ripen by accident of nature.
Buy them books and send them to school, what a waste of taxpayer money.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by muse8011
Sleeper is uniquivicably correct.

The education systems are propaganda machines. The curriculum is flawed.

Most PH.D's fudge on their research to fit what the bosses want. This is built into the education system and research labs. Look at most of the silly theories of the recent past. Refuted, but you never hear much about it.

Why is that so hard to believe?

Evolution is a Disney production...that lung fish growing legs to Apes getting smart... Seriously?
edit on 27-1-2013 by muse8011 because: mispelling

As you know muse, the cool aid served in our modern progressive schools during the last few decades is strong stuff. It has a kick to the head that lasts a lifetime. So sad really.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join