It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lady Gaga leads SECOND night of partying at private White House soiree...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+70 more 
posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 10:39 AM
link   
The First Lady: Gaga and Tony Bennett serenade the Obamas in SECOND night of partying at bash for White House staffers who burst into song for the President with impromptu rendition of Signed, Sealed, Delivered

Lady Gaga wore a spectacular white dress as she wowed fans with Bennett at the Tuesday night event
The President and First Lady attend two inauguration balls at the Washington Convention Center on Monday
Celebrities revealed in Tuesday morning tweets that the partying continued at the White House until 3am
Guests on Monday included John Legend, Katy Perry, Kelly Clarkson, John Mayer and Alicia Keys
Obama had a dance-off with singer Usher and Michelle danced to 'Single Ladies'

I'm just curious, as I look through all these photos, who is paying for this? I want to know how and why these people are partying until 3 am while the rest of the country can barely feed itself? The words "let them eat cake" come to mind as I sit here and truly wonder if these people really understand the significance of their actions.

Mr. President, we have a nation dealing with double-digit unemployment in many areas, a failing education system, 16 trillion dollars in debt, people being kicked out of their homes... and you're throwing parties for the Hollywood elite at the white house?

Ladies and gentlemen, if this isn't Rome, I don't know what is. If this isn't the American royalty rubbing their wealth in our face, I don't know what is. We have people living in their damn cars, people not able to pay their heating bills, people barely making ends meat... and all these people give a damn about is Lady Gaga's white dress.

Our founding fathers are rolling in their damn graves.

+8 more 
posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I couldn't agree more with the OP.

It is times like this that you really have to wonder what their true intentions are. At times our President and staff act as if this position is a Paid Vacation.

I can understand wanting to celebrate a win, but like the OP said... taking everything into consideration, this is just blatant disrespect on their part.
edit on 23-1-2013 by Areveli because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 10:49 AM
link   
I didn't see any cost of this shindig in the source. Anyone know what this cost?

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
I didn't see any cost of this shindig in the source. Anyone know what this cost?

It would probably make the Average Joe sick.

+25 more 
posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Typical! Keep in mind, this takes place in the WH every week. Concerts, parties, dinners etc... ALL on the tax-payer's dime.

These people DISGUST me! I can't wait for this country to FINALLY go bankrupt so we can take out the trash and begin anew!!!

+3 more 
posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   
I also agree with the OP here. How...inappropriate.

I don't begrudge the Obama's their vacations or endless golf games or hosting some of the Hollywood Elite at the White House. What burns my buns is how blatant and over-the-top they are about "We're special and you're not...we don't care what you think about this'.

In good times? heck...even then, this would be one to raise eyebrows on. In these times? Marie Antoinette comes to mind. I'm tired of my cake.

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 11:08 AM
link   

The First Lady: Gaga and Tony Bennett serenade the Obamas in SECOND night of partying at bash for White House

Hah... court jesters serenading the royal fools, everyone playing their part in the play with the crowd cheering, while the true powers gaze from afar... laughing.

I just thought the situation was ironic.
edit on 1/23/2013 by CaticusMaximus because: (no reason given)

+10 more 
posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by TFCJay

I am sure it cost more than my family will earn in the next 4 years. It must be nice to spend money like it isn't yours!

+4 more 
posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Heisenberg59
I'm just curious, as I look through all these photos, who is paying for this? I want to know how and why these people are partying until 3 am while the rest of the country can barely feed itself? The words "let them eat cake" come to mind as I sit here and truly wonder if these people really understand the significance of their actions.

No worrys

Obama’s inaugural festivities Monday are bankrolled by several of the nation’s most powerful corporate lobbying forces. Chief among corporate inaugural donors: AT&T Inc., Microsoft Corp., energy giant Southern Co., biotechnology firm Genentech and health plan manager Centene Corp.

Together, more than 300 registered lobbyists worked on the five companies’ behalf to influence legislation and government policy. Among numerous other influence efforts, Southern Co. lobbied the Executive Office of the President to curtail environmental regulations. AT&T pressed the Treasury Department to extend research and development tax credits and lobbied heavily — and unsuccessfully — to win regulatory approval of a merger with rival T-Mobile. Microsoft targeted the [federal government] for support in strengthening online piracy and intellectual property regulations.

Corporations mostly are flipping the bill this go around.

So you can stop complaining about how all you have is a moldy crust of bread and the rest went to Obama's finger sandwiches through taxes.

+12 more 
posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

How about not taking money from corporations that have private interests in influencing policy?

Seems ironic to me that a party thrown for the Presidents inauguration of his leadership of the public is funded by the private. I bet all the private individuals were invited and no public, or did i just miss my invitation?

+10 more 
posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   

I appreciate the clarification. So lobbyists and companies working to lobby government policy and curry favor are footing the bill for Obama's partying and garish entertainment? Well, that beats it being my tax dollars.

Wait a sec... wasn't this supposed to be the White House that kept lobbyists out and turned a new leaf for blocking Special Interest influence and favoring within the system?

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Corporations mostly are flipping the bill this go around. So you can stop complaining about how all you have is a moldy crust of bread and the rest went to Obama's finger sandwiches through taxes.

Right so you guys hate corporate shills, and people bought out by big capitalist........and lobbyist and special interests groups.....

Unless its Obama.........

Got it........

boy you OWS folks sure do change your tune a lot
edit on 23-1-2013 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Pocket change. Bush's 2nd cost 40 million. Let's take inflation into account and say it's 25% more. That 50 million. Hell, do corporations even cut a cheque for an amount that small?

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   
The inauguration parties are paid for by private donations.

Does it really surprise anyone Obama is being showered in gifts by corporations? All your politicians are. Or at-least 99%. This is the inevitable outcome of capitalism.
edit on 23-1-2013 by WaterBottle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   
It's all private donations, so rest easy citizens.

www.cbsnews.com...

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Whille I'm glad that the taxpayers aren't footing the bill, I still don't think it's appropriate for the POTUS to be partying like this (given the state of the country).

Out President should lead by example. In a time where a large chunk of Americans are cutting back and rolling up their sleeves, Obama should be right along with them leading the charge.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Why do I get the feeling people wouldn't raise an eyebrow and
ask whose paying if it were Toby Keith at Romney's ?

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Seeing thing like this makes me feel even better about getting my raise at the beginning of the year along with my paycut. Maybe if I could just give a little bit more we will all be ok.

MOTF!

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by sealing
Why do I get the feeling people wouldn't raise an eyebrow and
ask whose paying if it were Toby Keith at Romney's ?

Why do I get the feeling you base everything on race?

MOTF!

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

I appreciate the clarification. So lobbyists and companies working to lobby government policy and curry favor are footing the bill for Obama's partying and garish entertainment? Well, that beats it being my tax dollars.

Wait a sec... wasn't this supposed to be the White House that kept lobbyists out and turned a new leaf for blocking Special Interest influence and favoring within the system?

in 2009, ya

But Corporations are people now..you saying people aren't allowed to contribute?

Anyhow, welcome to America..money talks BS walks..Do I like it? nope..but whatever. its a capitalist society

Lobbiest lobbiest everywhere, and not a thought to think.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join