It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You people are making ATS a miserable place....

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by IkNOwSTuff
S&F

I totally agree yet Im ashamed to say Im one of the perpetrators.

I came to this site to read about aliens, suppressed and ancient tech, alternative news etc etc
Past few months it has become more and more like 4chan (found it the other day, what a freakin zoo that place is LOL) and less like an intelligent discussion forum.

I have told myself many times not to click on threads that upset me but I always do if theres nothing else interesting on the boards.

Ill tell myself once again Im not gonna get involved in pointless arguments, well see how long it lasts this time around, I think my record is 3 days LOL

ATS got compared to 4chan. Nuff said.

Though the "you people" comment was quite an unfortunate choice of words on the part of the OP. Do you have a dancing horse too? Is this a "legitimate" post? Or does ATS have ways of shutting that whole thing down? (sorry - 2012 flashback).

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Dustytoad

Dustytoad, you are absolutely right. However the home page of ATS is the face of ATS. Which means ATS better own what shows up on that home page. And that means every one of us.

It's been sucky on ATS lately. I've had several thread ideas that I haven't pursued because I figure they'll just get buried in the morass of guns et al. That is my opinion. I'm still a new member which I understand makes my opinion sh*t but I'll give it anyway.

I used to rely on ATS for a sanity check. Now I have to leave it for one.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by ParaSpy2012
I agree with your post.

This site used to be WAY better than what it is now. The best thing to do is to not log in when using ATS, unless you want to post. I find that easier. Stay logged out and you can't see stars. Makes everything better in my opinion.
People post funny comments just for stars and most of the time, it's their own ATS buddies starring them. Get a life will ya.
Some people think stars are like some sort of important medal. Well, you're just another brick in the wall.
To discuss or not to discuss, that is the question ladies.

Next...

I hate the Star Whores too. However that's part of what makes this site work. It's all a formula, just like Facebook. Posts that get seen are a measure of popularity contest, inflammatory headline, time of day, and quality of content. That's an oversimplified observation but not far off.

I also tend to browse ATS without logging in. It's safer that way. Unless you need constant self-validation or just have to say that thing you should not say....

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

This was a great post.

You can take me to task for my opinion on guns at any time. Or on most other subjects for that matter. Yours is an opinion I would respect.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 12:10 AM
link   
in that case i am sure going to rock ATS by the core as soon as i finish putting all of my "UNDEBUNKABLE" pieces together

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 02:20 AM
link   
I dont care what anyone has to say about my posts other than the OP. /end thread participation

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 02:33 AM
link   
I am not making ATS a miserable place.... speak for yourself OP.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 02:53 AM
link   
Guys and gals, it is in the rant forum. You can agree or disagree, but at least show enough respect for the fact that someone posted how they feel. Disagreeing and offering suggestions is fine but remember that it being in the rant forum makes it a rant. Everyone can express opinions and blow off steam here and should not be run down for doing so. Criticize the viewpoint if you must but not the person, alot of people are getting thier undies in a bunch for no real reason that I can see.

edit on 25-1-2013 by Darkphoenix77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 10:30 AM
link   
How do you Americans like to say:

You don't like it? Here is the door!

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by ValentineWiggin
I dont care what anyone has to say about my posts other than the OP. /end thread participation

No need to defend yourself further. You posted what was on your mind then came back to apologize. It speaks to your integrity. Keep on speaking your mind!! Enough said!

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Djayed

I completely understand your point of view. This site used to be pretty well balanced and with a fair amount of respect and even those who were willing to look at two sides of an issue and have an intelligent discussion regarding it. But I see on this site and I do in my everyday encounters with people that there has been an increasing shift of intolerance, ignorance and narrow mindedness to pretty much any given subject. I don't come here very often because I am tired of so many closed minded and paranoid points of view.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 02:20 AM
link   
"dont like it, dont read it" doesnt really work, at least for me. I already ignore stuff that holds no interest or threads started by certain people and feel no loss since there is so much here to choose from. My problem is that there are so many snarky, rude people across all forums that it gets tedious. Avoid all the topics you want, but what good is it if you still have to wade through a bunch of crap to get to the meat of it? Too many people who dont know how to engage in conversation/debate. They cannot disagree and discuss, they must disagree with insult to try and stir up an argument. Then its a page or so of explaining and defense, then maybe back on topic. Its happening a lot in real time too, which is more frustrating. Though I must say people arent as nasty face to (punchable) face. Worse online, but still becoming a problem.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join