It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You people are making ATS a miserable place....

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by ararisq

You sir are part of the problem.

You took it upon yourself to post on this rant thread just to put words in the mouth of the OP, and to insult him.

DC

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by metalholic

Absolutely my friend!
I can see it no other way now.

And a hearty "Thank You" to you for helping restore my ego from yet another bruising day here on ATS.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 07:01 PM
link   
It really has turned into some backwards ass religion/cult for a lot of people here... simply replace the word "heretic" / "heathen" with "shill" / "sheeple". It's my way or the highway, and if you don't believe my claims then you're an ignorant shill and you should get lost. So many posts now are filled with hate and fear and VERY little substance or argument.

Furthermore--and I hate to sound condescending here-- the arguments often times literally feel like children talking crap to each other. I wouldn't call myself a logic master, but people for the sake of preserving a standard of excellence on ATS, STOP USING AD HOMINEM ATTACKS AND STRAW MEN!!

Finally, I'd like to say I find it incredibly tragic that the entire reason I left "the matrix" to come here, was to escape the fear, the hate, the arrogance and folly of the sheeple, and yet there is a certain breed of sheeple that exist here as well. It's literally the same crap, different toilet. I almost want to plug back into the matrix to be honest... I mean at least they aren't drowning in anxiety!

In all honesty though, I will seriously try some of the earlier suggestions regarding forum filtering and ignoring the "hot topics." I guess now that ATS has grown so much, the front page is not too far off from any of the mainstream outlets we actively try to avoid.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 07:17 PM
link   
I knew it wouldcometo smething like this!

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Djayed

"So going forward, I will not be posting commenting or feeding into this subject"

good to hear,

here is a tissue

personally i think what starting make it miserable is

THREAD CLOSED, THREAD CLOSED , THREAD CLOSED , THREAD CLOSED

and then not deleting the damn post, if they wont let us comment on it, just freakin delete it

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 07:54 PM
link   
I think it would be nice, were it possible, if the new topics area could be split into two. With one feed for popular rising topics on current events, like guns. And another feed for more traditional conspiracies, ghosts, aliens, ufos, bigfoots, ancient civilisations etc.

Obviously you don't want to censor or hide gun debates and other political debates because they're an important part of society and the forum. But if there was a way to hide certain sections of the forum that'd be great

of course I could just go to the sections I'm talking about manually, but sometimes I don't have time and will only glance at the new topics bit to see what catches my attention

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by ~widowmaker~

The OP sounds like a whiner, unfortunately.

Noone cares if you like the topics that are important to most others, that are relevant to all matters of life, which this Sandy Hook is turning out to be.

Notice the WORLD OUTSIDE is getting more bizarre and trashy simultaneously ?

It is not these forums changing for the worse, it is a mere reflection of the wool being pulled off the eyes, and you basically cannot handle it.

Sorry, but it is not ever going to go back to the dreamland you thought it was...
edit on 23-1-2013 by ParasuvO because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-1-2013 by ParasuvO because: spelling

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by solarjetman

We all need to relax a little.

This thread is under Rants after all which always results in some kind of pissy match some how. Like the original OP I just think some are getting fed up with all the harshness that seems to be consuming this site lately.

Aren't we all here to communicate and share thoughts and ideas? We are free to express your opinions, ideas and news. Everyone should already know no matter how fluffy and magical it maybe someone is going to question you or disagree. We need to put our big girl or boy panties on and get over feeling hurt by what others say. Just think of all the lurkers not even signed up... think of all those like me who hate any confrontation at all. Heck I really don't like to get involved in a 6 or more page thread. The battles or arguments have often taken control of it and what I have to say well. Is usually a one liner ...OMG or similar.

ATS family we are living our own lives with a lot barring down on us. I just hope things here can get back to some sense of real thought and discussions while not letting our emotions pound out negativity through our key boards. That's all I gotta say and will stop ranting myself.

Loves Restless

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Djayed

I can absolutely relate to what you are saying.... above top secret my a$$!!! the site has turned into a cheap version of the daily news

There are a miliion other sites.... just search " Victor the Wizard" and get your a$$ out of here...

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Conspiracy theories are what brought me here also,.. I was a lurker for a very long time. I agree the Political threads do become redundant after awhile. I like to come here to get involved in matters that are not on mainstream media, topics that are rare and obscure. There was a bar I used to go to that had a sign up that said "No Politics and No Religion allowed". Basically saying that's the last thing anyone wanted to discuss when trying to relax and enjoy themselves. As a newbie, I just ignore the threads I don't want to see and dig a little deeper to find the ones that interest me.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   
chin up OP

peace

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 08:25 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 08:32 PM
link   
I was relieved to see this post. I initially came to this site in hopes of finding some precious truffles of truth, but if it's here to be found I'm sure going to have to root through an awful lot of BS. It just gets tiring.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 08:42 PM
link   
As a member of many forums, I've learned that you can't please everyone. I've also learned that when a forum starts to turn into something I don't quite enjoy, I back off for a while. Topics like these rarely change the direction of topics that are on people's minds. It's sort of a free for all, that allows people to share whatever is irking, inspiring or concerning them(as this one is doing as well) and you're entitled to your opinion. Do what makes you happy/feel better, I hope getting this off your chest puts things into perspective for you, but the bottom line is that no matter where you go, there will always be topics that put a foul taste in your mouth. Today, for example, I was having surgery done at the hospital, and as I was waiting for my anesthesiologist to come and brief me, my doctor was discussing politics I cared not to hear about. Unfortunately, that wasn't the place or time to debate the president or anything like that, but here..ATS is the place, and to me, that's what makes it wonderful. I can participate, or with one click of a button, shut it out of my mind.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Truffles
I was relieved to see this post. I initially came to this site in hopes of finding some precious truffles of truth, but if it's here to be found I'm sure going to have to root through an awful lot of BS. It just gets tiring.

Forum is very large. Forums IQ will inevitably be dragged down by the sh1t masses Ricky.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I have to agree with some things the OP has pointed out. Some of the issues like gun control and liberals vs conservatives, Obama attacks, seem like they never end. They're arguments that nobody is going to win let alone change someones views on the subject. Sometimes it feels like the OP's are beating a dead horse.

The best thing to do is just ignore them, but the constant barrage of the same subjects over and over again can really become ridiculous at times. New and interesting subject matter can be drowned out at times.

OP I hear your pain.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by ParasuvO

i think its as simple as they have been bought out so to speak ^^

850k a year is a hard thing to give up, so if something is going to threaten that.

poof

THREAD CLOSED heh

but you are right, the dreamland of past i think is gone or slipping real fast.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by restlessinMT

Agree with what you said I'm avoiding the gun threads too., and look in forums I'm interested in. The thing I find frustrating about ATS and it didn't use to be such a big problem for me. is when I go to do a thread I do look up the search usually with the original title or just two main words, and I don't see anything, yet someone else can find that the topic has already been or being discussed. I haven't posted any regular threads in awhile because of this. Never had that many problems when I first joined.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 10:31 PM
link   
I'm just posting to let you know that I'm crying and I wont be posting anymore. I totally dont care but please look at me.

Good riddance. dont let the door hit your ass

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Djayed

Here is a Tip.

If you are not interested in any sandy hook topics.... don't read the threads.

I know it is crazy but just try it.

If you want different topics to be talked about how about you take the initiative and post some new topics that will trend.
edit on 23-1-2013 by votan because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join