It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abraham - true prophet of God or something else??

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Akragon

babloyi
reply to post by Akragon

I'm not sure how Jesus's brutal torture and death, as depicted in the Bible, really contributes to that (in fact, it seem the opposite).

Do you believe his torture and subsequent death because of it is the important part of what is written?

That is the average Christians biggest misunderstanding... its not his death that was important... it was his life

IF Jesus had not "resurrected" and just died like anyone else, the record of his life is still far more inspiring then his resurrection

I find his life depressing. A man that cast out demons and cured the sick gets railroaded. And that's the way He described himself several times as a person that had power over demons, sickness and death. And so no, His resurrection is what is inspiring.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Logarock

Akragon

babloyi
reply to post by Akragon

I'm not sure how Jesus's brutal torture and death, as depicted in the Bible, really contributes to that (in fact, it seem the opposite).

Do you believe his torture and subsequent death because of it is the important part of what is written?

That is the average Christians biggest misunderstanding... its not his death that was important... it was his life

IF Jesus had not "resurrected" and just died like anyone else, the record of his life is still far more inspiring then his resurrection

I find his life depressing. A man that cast out demons and cured the sick gets railroaded. And that's the way He described himself several times as a person that had power over demons, sickness and death. And so no, His resurrection is what is inspiring.

Well you are welcome to your opinion...

Though considering he cast out demons, cured the sic, and had power over death, even resurrecting the dead... while he was "Alive"...

I disagree with your opinion...

Plus theres no evidence he actually resurrected in the first place... its far more likely he actually survived

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

one of the first uses of the new fangled telephone was to put them in coffins so the not really dead could ring up for a dig out...its the reason there is a three day wake at christian deaths...haha, thats why they call it a wake

new topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join