It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sneaky Scum Doctor Probes Teen about Guns in Home- While Parents Out of Room

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManFromEurope

Originally posted by marg6043
reply to post by ManFromEurope

And thank GOD for the second amendment in America.

Is not a darn business of any doctor to ask such a question to an underage teen.

Plain and simple and NY laws should be stick on Blomberg's mob stinky butt, now, that's an example of a Nazi wanna be with dreams of grandeur.

Why are doctors allowed to ask "do you get good grades in school? Do you get bullied?", as stated in the article? Because there is a good cause to it! Read the whole article.

"According to Insley, Butterly told her the staff began asking such questions in October. This apparently follows a report from the American Academy of Pediatrics published Oct. 18 recommending that pediatricians ask gun questions as part of patient history.

That October report sites firearms as one of the top three killers of American children and reasons that questions about availability of guns would allow medical staff to tell parents to keep guns out of their homes, or at least out of children's reach."

edit on 23-1-2013 by ManFromEurope because: (no reason given)

Finally, a post by an intelligent person. Asking about guns at home is actually a routine question in the doctors office involving child health and welfare. Some doctors don't ask and some do, the pediatrician I studied under asked some of his patients if they had guns in the house and this was last year. This isn't about taking your precious guns away, its a routine history taking question that some doctors will ask and some won't.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Where does this end? Only a few options. One, we do nothing, and live in 1984. Two, we do something about it. Yank the kids from public schools, completely. Teach them that authorities are not their friends, and to share nothing private outside the home. Nothing about guns, about the political opinions of family, etc. Of course, that only works so far, because there will be kids that would turn their families in. It's happened before. Three, Jesus returns before it gets that bad, some of us don't have to worry, and those left here are in big trouble. In that case, the ones here would think 1984 looked like a picnic.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
Apparently this is from the Chicago Tribune:

"I felt uneasy, but I stepped out so my son wouldn't be embarrassed," she told me, saying she figured they would ask drug and alcohol questions. Sam doesn't take drugs or alcohol, she said.

Later that day, Sam told her what the doctors had asked him.

"By the way, Mom," she recalled him saying, "when you were out of the room they asked me if we had any guns in the house."

Infuriating, but I can't give you a direct link to the story cause it is a paid editorial.

and also:

"Now, with all this gun control legislation (in Illinois), I'm angry for many reasons," she said. "Why are they asking about guns in the hospital? Are they mandated by Obamacare to do so? Can they ask a minor about guns without a parent in the room? I'm really upset."

Advocate spokesman Mike Maggio told us he couldn't discuss this case for privacy reasons, but that gun questions are "not part of our protocol. It is not routine in any way. And it's not a standard practice."

Later Tuesday, Insley said she received a telephone call from Dr. Mark Butterly, head of the hospital's pediatric residency program. She said Butterly told her that it is indeed standard practice.

But you can see the story is there:
www.chicagotribune.com...

So whoever is signed up perhaps can give us a summary if there is anything else.

But I dunno if I want to HEAR anything else. I don't need to hear anything else. This is fricken outrageous, and 2nd amendment rights sure the hell ARE being infringed. This is total BS. They want war. I am convinced of it.

WTF business is it of your damn doctor to be asking that question? There's a fricken CAR in the house right? CARS KILL CHILDREN TOO.

So tell me, Mr. Doctor, you gonna report me for having a God damn CAR now too?

WHERE DOES THIS BS END???

Un fricken believable.

edit on Wed Jan 23rd 2013 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

Although it IS ridiculous....he doesn't have to answer the question...

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Dear True American,

You headline tells us more about your than anything else you might say.

"Paid Editoral" - come on. I followed your link and found nothing.

Enjoy stirring the gun pot - it's a non-issue. A distraction. I'll never understand this worship of guns. It goes along with Rape and Pillage. It's dark ages muck.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 12:59 AM
link   
I don't have a problem with gun control as long as it doesn't go overboard, but the problem is that usually tends to happen. Lets look at a situation where someone carrying a gun saved a situation from becoming a probable massacre, the shooter at the Mall in Oregon, killed two people and was going to kill more but when he saw the man aim his weapon he killed himself.
www.therightscoop.com...
Going back to kids and guns:
I think that parents are not teaching their children about Guns and how to be responsible around them is a huge problem. I started shooting at 8 years old, and I was taught that they were dangerous weapons that needed to be handled with respect and care. I also was taught never to aim a gun no matter if it was BB or real or fake. You don't aim a gun at someone unless you are prepared for what may happen.
I don't really have a problem asking mentally ill people if they are around guns, but I worry if the actions will stop there. Will they want to put monitoring equipment in peoples houses who have guns? What if a law is passed that says mentally ill people can never own weapons, what is considered mentally ill? Will a person who suffered from mild depression after losing a job or divorce be banned from carrying a gun? I am just saying we have to be careful of what liberties we give up and for what reasons. Privacy is an important issue. You have to ask yourself how much privacy do I deserve?

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 01:09 AM
link   

WE don't need Europeans telling us about guns . You people sure liked them . How many did you people kill in all the wars you fought and we had to come and stop. How many did you people kill with guns , gas chambers and kilns . You are right you don't need guns .

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Look familiar...

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Yo go push your anti-gun agenda somewhere else. Thats why E.U. is one step away from becoming a full blown police state. Remember its because of us Americans and our expertise with dangerous guns why Hitler and the Nazi's didnt take over you punkass euros( remember that always). Its also the main reason The NWO is not completely realized yet. They take Americans guns away the rest of the world better start praying hard even if you are Atheist because at that point we are all done for. The nerve of you people not seeing anything wrong with this. They took your guns first simply because they new you would give them up much easier and a lack of 2nd amendament

edit on 24-1-2013 by beastnwokillah because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-1-2013 by beastnwokillah because: spellcheck

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Another thing I would like to point out is, we are wired a little bit differently on this side of the world. This country was built off of us not bowing down to anyone especially tyrants or monarchs. It's also the way we one our freedom . This is so funny when coming from euro's you guys have no business saying anything about guns anyways because (A) you can't have them and (B) we have bailed you guys out of jams so many times its quite pathetic.

"Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God" Thomas Jefferson

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Gun ownership is very much like population control..as long as one generation can be convinced to stop their destructive ways, the problem itself vanishes. A single generation changing their attitudes isn't a feasible outcome...but given that enough change does occur through the generations we can eventually arrive at a generation that will simply give up their guns and stop reproducing uncontrollably..which in the end is the best thing for humanity..as guns are not the right way to solve problems.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by beastnwokillah

Yo go push your anti-gun agenda somewhere else. Thats why E.U. is one step away from becoming a full blown police state. Remember its because of us Americans and our expertise with dangerous guns why Hitler and the Nazi's didnt take over you punkass euros( remember that always). Its also the main reason The NWO is not completely realized yet. They take Americans guns away the rest of the world better start praying hard even if you are Atheist because at that point we are all done for. The nerve of you people not seeing anything wrong with this. They took your guns first simply because they new you would give them up much easier and a lack of 2nd amendament

edit on 24-1-2013 by beastnwokillah because: spellcheck

Once the guns are taken and God is driven from the minds of foolish people we can progress as a society...guns are not what makes you free and God is not the reason that you are on Earth. It is an absurd idea that your guns are what keeps the government in check, an absurd, absurd idea.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 02:16 AM
link   
reply to post by thmmdd

I though you might be interested in the definition of interrogation.

Interrogation:
1. the technique, practice, or an instance of interrogating
2. a question or query

So, it absolutely, without a doubt was an interrogation. There is zero question of it. You're going to have to try harder, because you're not doing so well.

When we use the word interrogation we all know exactly what we mean when we say it - and it's not the mere asking of a question nor are we trying to insinuate the absolute literal definition of the word you have posted there either. The use of that word previously posted by Morg there was to create nothing but exaggeration and the wrong image of what happened. There was no interrogation at all. To say there was is laughable.

So come on now, that argument is extremely, terribly weak to say the least. We all know what we mean when we use that word. And to the personal insult at the end.. what position are we in when we use such practices? But of course, a losing one. We stick to arguing the argument here.

edit on 24-1-2013 by Rising Against because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Sounds like a junior Globalist . Yet they will call for the police to protect them from the bad guys who will always have guns , knives or clubs because the police will have guns . The big thug who has no respect of law will respect a gun pointing at them . Well maybe you can threaten them with a phone call when he wants to harm you because he can . With privatization of the police forces as the NWO agenda plans to do I hope you have plenty of bribe money to induce the police to leave the donut shop.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 02:38 AM
link   
Assuming the doctor needed to know if there were guns in the house, what exactly prevented him from asking the question in the presence of the parent? Why did he have to wait until the parent left to ask it?

Yeah, he is a sneaky scum alright!

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Simple enough answer to the Doctor - " None of your business Doc".

Or I'd ask a question back if they ever asked me about guns in the home, " Hey Doc, sold any drugs lately?" and if he answered I dont do that sort of thing, all you'd have to reply back with " its time wasting being asked questions that have no relevance is it?".

Besides if you lied and said " I don't have guns" and he reports it you could be seen as 'untrustyworthy'

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 03:21 AM
link   
Thought I would toss this into the mix.

Asking questions on gun possession outlawed in Obamacare.

In the Affordable Care Act, the gun lobby’s section is in Title X, starting on page 2,037, line 23. “Protection of Second Amendment Gun Rights” contains five provisions mostly dedicated to shutting down conversation about guns in medicine. What do these sections contain?

Wellness and prevention programs may not require the disclosure or collection of information relating to the presence or storage of a lawfully possessed firearm or the use of a firearm. At least the law didn’t say we couldn’t ask about it, we just have to do it clandestinely.

The next provision states we can’t collect data related to owning or using firearms. So we can’t write it down? Sounds like an effective way to stifle research related to gun violence so we can no longer prove that easier access to guns increases the risk of mass violence.

Provision three states we can’t use or maintain records of individual ownership or possession of firearms or ammunition. I’m fine with that not being allowed in medicine, but that information should be tracked somewhere. A person amassing an arsenal should raise an eyebrow.

I smell a lawsuit! The NRA should be called.

Additional.

Affordable Care Act -- Title X PDF.
Pages 2037 to 2040.

‘‘(5) LIMITATION ON DATA COLLECTION REQUIREMENTS FOR INDIVIDUALS.—No individual shall

19 be required to disclose any information under any
20 data collection activity authorized under the Patient
21 Protection and Affordable Care Act or an amendment
22 made by that Act relating to—
23 ‘‘(A) the lawful ownership or possession of
24 a firearm or ammunition; or

page 2040

1 ‘‘(B) the lawful use, possession, or storage of
2 a firearm or ammunition.’’.
edit on 24-1-2013 by ntech because: Additional Info.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 04:32 AM
link   

The largest military industrial complex the world has ever known is what sets them apart. Also just thought I would mention that Germany was the only succesful non-violent revolution to have occurred in the last 100 years. Don't believe me? Just look at Egypt. Egypt is now run by the military junta because the people had no teeth to enforce their demands. Revolutions never really take root unless they have the capability and will to make the power structure fear them. It's not a question of how to get good people in power. People attracted to power are at best mediocre (Obama), and at worst venal (Bush). "The question is how do you get the power structure to respect (which actually means fear) the electorate." -Chris Hedges-
Without that fear, they will continue to do whatever it is they want. People should not be afraid of the government. The government should be afraid of the people, as that is the only way they will keep their johnsons out of the behinds of the American populace. Germany is definately not what I would call free. It's just like a mirror image of Canada. And if you think we're free up here, you are entirely misled, as we have even less rights than Americans do, but have no right to bear arms as we already gave it up, so that means we are not getting them back. (Our Bill of Rights and Freedoms is conditional, not guaranteed.) This means the government has no respect for the average citizen. This means they will continue to do whatever they think they can get away with, which is pretty much anything up here, including genocide (think that's not true? just ask a First National (Aboriginal) Canadian what they think about that.)
edit on 24/1/2013 by xXxinfidelxXx because: grammar, punct.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 05:17 AM
link   
I live in Texas. My daughter's real doctor is in Oklahoma (we're Native American-the clinic is on the res.),
but she had a cold and I didn't want to drive up there. I took her to a local Dr., he diagnosed her,
prescribed some antibiotics....... and then...

"Okay, just a couple of quick questions...do you have any guns in the house?

"Wha...?"

"Do ya'll have any guns in the house? I know it seems like a strange question, but I'm prescribing
some medication and...just to be sure...some medications cause depression....and you know...
it is just something we need to be sure of....and make sure that everything's okay"

-brief silence---finally me laughing

"I can't see how that question had anything to do with (I grab the prescription--it says something"mycin")
--this are antibiotics...that questions just seems weird and..."

he interrupts...

"Ah it's okay...you know I was just checking...'
----------------

To the best of my knowledge this is a fairly accurate account of an awkward and very weird encounter.

I remember coming home and thinking about making an original post, but never got around to it, was busy.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 05:58 AM
link   
This is a storm in a teacup if you ask me.

If every child, or at least a good portion of children, had been 'probed' during their last visit to the doctor's office, I would tempted to think that their might be an agenda, and would be curious for why this is.

But when only one 'sneaky scum' doctor does it, I find it hard to see an actual problem.
What can she do with this information that is so harmful?

I've had the same doctor sine i was a kid, and my doctor knows me very well and will ask me personal questions. My dentist and my hairdresser, whom I don't know very well, is always trying to start conversations with me, and ask me all sorts of questions.
It would be very unusual for someone to ask me if I had a weapon, since no one in Denmark does. But I can't think of a single question, that anyone could ask me, which I would fine offensive to the same extend that many clearly finds this question.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 06:06 AM
link   

So you're from Germany and you still think you should turn in your guns to the Government?

I guess lessons learned don't last very long.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join