It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious cave found in Ecuador

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+70 more 
posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Several caves have been found in Equador which display an amazing number of petroglyphs;

Yet there is more. Additional secrets lie on a nearby side of a mountain where a collapsed cave remains unexcavated yet tantalizingly inviting to those who’s quest for answers are never satisfied.

If all of this were not enough to spur investigations many locals insist that the area is continually visited by strange flying objects that hover out over the ocean and the ruins lying just beneath the water surface.

The cave location is Ecuador and that is all that can be given at this point. Those with expertise in this area can make arrangements at some point in the future to view the cave in person.

There are found in the cave artifacts of stone and other material. There are reportedly two other caves nearby with additional petroglyphs and artifacts in them.

firstamericans.blogspot.co.uk...

All cave pictures folder

What is needed at once is knowledgeable opinions of what we have here and interpation of the petroglyphs or at least to establish some relation or context to other such pre-historic works.

This is were we must try to oblige. In my Chachapoya thread i did mention that certain of their motifs required explanation in a greater context, so that also i'll provide here hopefully.

These are their take on the Equadorian motif'

The motif of a fertilty/sexual type Goddess in such a position is worldwide and dates back somewhat astonishingly to around 30,000 years ago'

It's from the Ukraine and was carved on mammoth bone

Swidwin.Poland.9th mill.bc. radiocarbon dated

The above is from Croatia 3rd millenia BC

An Australian neolithic example

and above a Mesopotamian example. So the fact is that many cultures saw importance in this motif over an enormous amount of time. For furthur examples see these Flikr image pages were he names them Lajja Gauri after the Indian equivalent

Lajja Gauri

So what does it all mean precious, probably this...

The fertility Goddess of this type was based upon Canis Major, in her relationship to the place of first creation generally located as within the Orion nebula, and also generally associated with a bird God, in the Americas the condor for example, in the Near East the Falcon, a male Deity of procreation.

Thus returning to the Equadorian iconography we are probably seeing the all singing and dancing birth Goddess in conjunction with Orion of the raised arm.

I don't think this was widely reported at all when first disocvered, if at all, perhaps in order to protect from looting as there are artifacts reported, especially as it could be seen as related to the Tayos caves mythos and such treasure hunts

edit on 23-1-2013 by Kantzveldt because: (no reason given)

+20 more 
posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 08:19 AM
link   
I like picture 7, which obviously depicts Ecuadoreans having a rave of some sort. There is even a DJ's rostrum up in the top right corner behind the dancers.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Kantzveldt

This is awesome! Love seeing great finds like this! very very interesting! S&F

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Great thread
thanks for sharing S&F.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Kantzveldt,
amazing find and thanks for the exposure. 1 always enjoys looking at the ancient hand/tool works to try and personally decipher what is shared in the images.. Sometimes looking to see location signs like people portrayed pointing a certain direction to inform of a near location.

LOVE LIGHT ETERNIA*******

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Thanks for the interest and kind comments, there are probably more 'ancient alien' types in these caves than the rest of the world put together...an amazing place.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 08:52 AM
link   

It really is... Really curious as to what those carvings mean exactly. Wish we could time travel back and see all this in the making

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 08:57 AM
link   
where in ecuador are these caves located?

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Kadmiel

The location isn't given to protect them.

The cave location is Ecuador and that is all that can be given at this point. Those with expertise in this area can make arrangements at some point in the future to view the cave in person.

There are reportedly two other caves nearby with additional petroglyphs and artifacts in them.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 09:06 AM
link   
South America fascinates me to no end. It is replete from top to bottom with wonders to behold. Yet, they keep finding more, and more, and more.

If all of this were not enough to spur investigations many locals insist that the area is continually visited by strange flying objects that hover out over the ocean and the ruins lying just beneath the water surface.

No surprise here. The Indians living in the area of Marcahuasi say similar, and believe there is an entrance to inner earth in the area. They say those who have entered it, never return.

Awesome thread, I hope Slayer sees this when he checks in. He'll love it. S&F.
edit on 1/23/2013 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

Yes he's talking about Chirije there

here is a place in Ecuador that can only be reached when the tide goes out. It is the ancient costal complex at Chirije. When the tide runs low one can take a sturdy vehicle between the water and cliffs over sand and rocks into this vast archaeology complex. Separated from the world by water, jungle, and time this little know site is vastly rich in artifacts from a nearly unknown and unstudied ancient civilization. But this was not always so. For hundreds of years in the remote past, indeed perhaps for over a thousand, Chirije was known by its trade goods over an expanse reaching at least as far north as Mexico and as far South as Chile. A distance that exceeds that of the Inca Empire at its height.

Yet this archaeological treasure trove remains mostly unstudied since a brief period in the 1950’s when Ecuadorian archaeologist Emilio Estrada discovered the site and declared it to be one of the most important sites on the Ecuadorian coast. The Louvre Museum of Paris and the Smithsonian Institution would come again in the mid 90’s to reaffirm the importance of the site. But water, sand, rugged terrain, and time have all served to isolate Chirije from investigation.

Which sort of gives a clue regarding the caves location...

Yet there is more. Additional secrets lie on a nearby side of a mountain where a collapsed cave remains unexcavated yet tantalizingly inviting to those who’s quest for answers are never satisfied.

firstamericans.blogspot.co.uk...

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by slapjacks "Wish we could time travel back and see all this in the making"

that would be incredibly cool.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 09:23 AM
link   
awesome.

Some of those beings in the pictures look ALOT like ones from north america

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 09:29 AM
link   

It's hard to believe this guy has to practically beg for people to excavate a site that could turn out to be 10,000 or more years old. Parts of it at least. Maybe the interest in the caves will spark new interest in the surrounding areas as well.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

Yes maybe, if the caves date back as far as the submerged ruins, to before the end of the last ice age, then the whole area will take on great importance.

Yet what one views today is only a part of what once was. Underwater and offshore there appears to be unexplored ruins that local fishermen say consists in part of great arches and walls. If this is so then the complex could be far older than a few thousand years. For the last time this undersea costal area was exposed and dry was during the last ice age over ten thousand years ago.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 09:36 AM
link   
S&F and plenty of thanks, this is great material! Fascinating...

I'm not sure I'm buying the notion that the motifs found in all these cultures are connected. The might be, they might be not -- the zigzag pattern seems to be common, and the "position" of the goddess... Well, you know... That's physiological

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kantzveldt
The fertility Goddess of this type was based upon Canis Major, in her relationship to the place of first creation generally located as within the Orion nebula, and also generally associated with a bird God, in the Americas the condor for example, in the Near East the Falcon, a male Deity of procreation.

Kind of off-topic: Have you, or anyone else here ever heard of "The Snake (China) and the Bear (Russia) fight against The Eagle (America)."??? (It's something along those lines) Maybe from the Bible?

Cool thread as always.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Mugen

not from the bible....interesting to me though, I'm a prophecy student of 50 years....we search for that very word group.!

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

What was important for me with these caves, and the reason i 'discovered' them through online search, was that i was looking for greater context with regards to the Goddess motif to support an hypothesis that this represented Canis Major and was an extremely ancient astral tradition.

Thus finding the figure in context with the raised arm male figure seen in such repetition and carved and recarved over obviously extended periods of time into unknown antiquity enabled me to make the case.

The zig zag motif represents water, there will generally also be serpents involved, and these relate to inter-connectivity and transition whether in astral terms or physiological...it was a cult of origins and the afterlife.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 10:16 AM
link   
I don't discount the possible Sirius connection. But let me play devil's advocate for a moment. So early man kanoodles with his female tribe-mates. Some time after with great wailing and emotional intensity she assumes the birth position (as depicted in the carvings) and another human pops out. What could possibly be more amazing to those people and inspire commemoration??

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join