It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CCTV camera films mystery ball of light at Carlisle community centre

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Hi guys, another local news story for you all to ponder.

This isn't really my field of interest or expertise, so please forgive me if I don't have much involvement in the thread, I will be reading responses in case anyone asks any question I might be able to answer (ie about the local area).

Just wanted to bring it to your attention as it may have slipped you by otherwise.

For years, there have been stories of a possible haunting at Carlisle’s Greystone Community Centre.

Some people now believe there is powerful evidence that this popular Close Street centre, built at the site of a former girls’ school, may be attracting a visitor from beyond the grave.

The debate is being fuelled by a CCTV video which gives a tantalising glimpse of something decidedly strange.

Filmed at 5.17pm, and lasting for just seven seconds, the footage shows a gloomy, deserted corridor.

Suddenly, a large glowing ball of light appears, its pulsing slightly as it travels inexplicably along the corridor before turning sharply upwards and towards the centre’s main entrance. Manager Gareth Weber, 39, who has worked there for 15 years, described what happened.

Source
Video

edit on 23/1/13 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Looks like it could be a light source from outside the hallway shining on the wall.

Or maybe it was a ghost.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 06:34 AM
link   
That could be just about anything ... it actually looks like a bug of some sort
dust flying around in the air. I don't get why someone would automatically say
ghost?

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by woogleuk
a CCTV video

Really? A CCTV video?

Then why is it all shaky, just like it was being hand held?

Anyway, I'm going to go with the idea of it being an out of focus bug near the lens.

edit on 23-1-2013 by alfa1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

Or as my wife just said (derangedinsanity on ATS, big ghosthunters fan, lol) probably a moth, lmao.

I'm sure the paranormal folks on ATS will probably come to the same conclusion, I just thought they might like to see it, it certainly has an interesting story behind it (The centre, not the video).

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

Looking at the way the writing on the CCTV video moves, the news and star have used a camera to film the CCTV screen, so it is their camera moving, not the CCTV camera.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 06:48 AM
link   
reply to post by woogleuk

That's what I think too.

It looks like there might be another CCTV camera in the hall (upper right corner of the video), I onder if it showed anything?

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by OneisOne

I can see what you mean, but to me it looks like part of the fonts/icons on the filming CCTV camera.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by woogleuk

Interesting that the camera has wobble as if it's hand held. Also, CCTV shots usually have time and date stamps in the shot.

What we see in the clip could be reproduced with a light source and a piece of glass, or it's an internal camera reflection.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by nerbot

I addressed that a couple of posts up, the CCTV markings are there, they also move, giving the impression that the News and Star filmed the CCTV monitor with their own camera, it's legit footage, the question is what is the mysterious ball......bug, light reflection or supernatural........(personally, my money is on bug).

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 10:05 AM
link   
I suggest that sunlight was reflected from the surface of a car (or its windows), passing through the glass in the door and then moving along and being reflected off the wall until the light was no longer being reflected by the car as it passed the building.

new topics

top topics

join