It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Drowned man believed to be living underwater in river with a snake

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 05:20 AM
link   
There are some really odd religious beliefs and practices. This one has to be in the top five. Police scuba divers have been unsuccessful in finding his body so his family has been making sacrifices at the river to make the snake release him.

SOURCE

Yesterday they performed rituals to appease the snake so that it could release him. In perfoming the ritual, they threw a live chicken into the river and forced a live cow to also jump into the flooded river. About 60 people watched in awe as the Mavuso family performed rituals to bring back to life the man who is believed to have drowned almost a week ago. The family are members of the Jericho Red Gown Sect.

She disclosed that her family believes Sibusiso was taken by a spiritual river snake she identified as inzuzu for an underworld internship for traditional healing (kwetfasa). She could not shed more details describing the snake except for disclosing that it (snake) is the king of the underworld and water

Vilakati rubbished claims that his church supports the rituals the family was carrying out in a bid to bring back to life the man who is believed to have drowned. "This is grossly wrong. The Jericho Church in Zion should not be mixed with satanic practices like the ones you are referring to," said Vilakati.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 05:55 AM
link   
Don't think Yig cares much for sacrificed chickens.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 06:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Suspiria

yggdrasil??

Cool reference. I heard all the snakes were chased out of Ireland once upon a time.. hah..

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dustytoad

yggdrasil??

Cool reference. I heard all the snakes were chased out of Ireland once upon a time.. hah..

For the longest time, I only knew of the Yggdrsil as a living tree spacecraft in my favorite book series, called The Hyperion Cantos by Dan Simmons.
Then I came to ATS and as of now I've seen it mentioned at least 3 times.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by 3n19m470

I first found a reference to it in a game called "Tales of Symphonia" spelling?

Tree of life, false prophesy, worship, energy transfer...

Many games have taught me many things, and I am grateful..

Imagine living a life rich in mythology, thinking your man is being kept by a snake god alive and well under water or in another dimension, or magically...

I get to live that and live the western mindset..

I get to see ALL the symbols..

the Snake is one of the oldest as far as I can tell. Is he biting his tail?
haha people are cool.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 10:42 AM
link   
In my home town in South Africa there's recently been a bunch of people who came forward claimimg they have seen a thing in the river with an upper body of a mermaid and the lower body of a fish. A mermaid.

They said it talked to them in their native language, asking for help. They thought it would eat them so the threw rocks at it. I'll make a thread with photos of the newspaper article.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3n19m470

Originally posted by Dustytoad

yggdrasil??

For the longest time, I only knew of the Yggdrsil as a living tree spacecraft in my favorite book series, called The Hyperion Cantos by Dan Simmons.
Then I came to ATS and as of now I've seen it mentioned at least 3 times.

Well you're way ahead of me. I thought someone misspelled Gardasil. I started wondering if the lady doing rituals had gotten the shot which led to hallucinations about a snake-god.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 01:12 AM
link   

The Hyperion Cantos were my introduction into science fiction novels, and subsequently the works of Dan Simmons. They have remained my favorite science fiction series, and Simmons is now one of my favorite authors. I already knew about Yggdrasil from Norse mythology beforehand though.

As for the story, it seems to me like a part of the grieving process there. When they finally tire of trying to appease the sea-serpent who has taken his soul they'll calmly retire and accept that he has indeed passed on. Interrupting the process, while it may be considered "enlightening" might actually be detrimental to the emotional stability of his family.

Everyone grieves differently. Best to let them work things out on their own.

~ Wandering Scribe

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Yggdrsil

is mentioned in so many games....as well as Norse Mythology..

Games like Dragon Quest 9 & the new Pokemon are based on the mythology.

top topics

join