It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Finally Promised Referendum on EU

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by EvanB
reply to post by tdk84

What is wrong with training our OWN countrymen/women to be skilled labour?

Wtf is that racist?

I am so very sick of people pulling out the race card when immigration is debated..

Fact is... Immigration is a huge problem in this country and unsustainable.. A line must be drawn somewhere..

I said that they worry me and that cameron called them racist not me.

Besides I pointed out how they contradict themselves, in fact they do this all the time. You cant say you want to avoid immigration with this and that policy then have an aversion to anti-EU Tory candidates.

Nothing wrong with training your own skilled labour but we do need them. Take a look at north Korea when you become totally isolated from foreigners.

I have a friend from South Africa who now lives here, he's lived here for many years, pays into his taxes etc. Nothing wrong with that and he's a welcomed addition to the country. Hed fight for this country and I say let them.

Its these guys coming here and sponging of the government we should have issue with, not all immigrants are the same. Worse yet this youth nanny culture with dole dossers, some things are far worse then skilled foreign labour.
edit on 23-1-2013 by tdk84 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Its these guys coming here and sponging of the government we should have issue with, not all immigrants are the same. Worse yet this youth nanny culture with dole dossers, some things are far worse then skilled foreign labour.
reply to post by tdk84

I would have to agree with you there.. The current influx of migrants has done nothing to make our home growns more competitive.. In fact its done the reverse..

There is a big motivation issue this country needs to address.. However making things easy is not the answer.. A collective kick up the ass is needed.. But then again.. If you were in their position.. No jobs et al because of cheap labour.. Would you not just say f@@k it and give up?.. These kids need to be woken up but also need to see a reward for their effort..

That will not come until there are real jobs.. Jobs currently taken by cheap foriegn labour.. This needs to stop..

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

Considering that public opinion is flawed at best, that it is ignorant to the greater scope of the world stage play and reflects only re-cycled views presented by MSM, who themselves only present half-known facts, it is a certainty that public opinion will always be fickle to the latest buzzwords of change and prosperity.

It can be guranteed that public opion does not factor in all of the factual and certain conspiracies presented on ATS unless such becomes SO bad that it filters into MSM. Quick fixes sate public opinion presenting lotus leaf solutions that soon fade leaving sour aftertaste.

Offering of pious dreams of hope and betterment to quell the masses dicsontent are tricks that work so well for public opinion, this sickness is easy to swallow when public opinion is dumb and constantly befuddled as to the causes of the causes.

Politicians are for the most part unwise in the greater sense of consequences and ripple effects as they determine what they think is best for the country, what does that even mean anymore. I am not the country nor are my neigbours, just hollow words echoed back and forth for the feel good factor.

I conclude that wheather the UK stays or departs public opinion will remain easily manipulated to suit the planned desires of those who claim to have our best interest at heart.

Be wary of men who offer the fire of change for they are dangerous themselves and seek to snuff out the fire of truth.
edit on 23-1-2013 by Tindalos2013 because: Damn you typos, damn you all to hell

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Tindalos2013

Great response, very eloquently put.

Not so sure i can respond in kind though, so not going to bother!

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by EvanB

reply to post by tdk84

I would have to agree with you there.. The current influx of migrants has done nothing to make our home growns more competitive.. In fact its done the reverse..

There is a big motivation issue this country needs to address.. However making things easy is not the answer.. A collective kick up the ass is needed.. But then again.. If you were in their position.. No jobs et al because of cheap labour.. Would you not just say f@@k it and give up?.. These kids need to be woken up but also need to see a reward for their effort..

That will not come until there are real jobs.. Jobs currently taken by cheap foriegn labour.. This needs to stop..

Yes I agree, although cheap foreign labour and skilled labour are two different things. i.e. filling areas we have short supply.

Australia have a very good system.

But... I know some 'cheap foreign labours' they get paid the same... the difference, they work a damn site harder.

There's a large portion of Britians youth that needs fixing and I don't want to brand people on dole lazy as that's not the case. I was out of work myself for almost a year, picking up cash in hand jobs.

But you have a percentage who would rather dole around, have kids, get more money etc then work. In some cases your better off on state income then you would working.

Perhaps top up wages would incentivise people to work. Some people would rather not work then have a poor paid job.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Well I'll most certainly be voting for us to 'leave' Europe, for a number of reasons.

1) We may actually stand a chance to save our economy, and not make it worse as those in Europe seem to arrogantly suggest. Hopefully as a result foreigners will find it harder to enter this country which is a good thing, we have enough eastern European's in this country already.

It's getting like the black plague again, an infestation of useless parasitic entities who contribute nothing to our culture and society, other than sponge off the state and take our jobs!!!

2) It'll piss Obama off BIG time, no Britain in Europe....No Obama having his say in Europe!

3) Amongst many others....

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Talliostro

i am not sure if you are from UK or not but i think you'll find we give more money into the EU than we get out that's a fact that so many seem to ignore. this whole thing about us leaving the EU would have major consequences for us is bull, yeah i'll agree we might have a few issues but we wont have big problems, we'll still sell to them and they will buy our products, the main issue people are sick of is having some suit wearing knob in Brussels taking control of our laws and dictating what we can and cannot do. after it was the European Court that allowed a terrorist to stay in our country, they claimed it was against his human rights, though his threat of attack wasn't against our human rights.

and for the Americans who say we should stay, can you imagine someone in France or Germany even telling your President what laws he has to bring in (although that probably already happens) it just irks me when people say we should just stay in. we are heavy hitters in the EU and removing ourselves would save us billions a year and let us the PEOPLE of this apparent free country make our own laws and not theirs.

one final note, I agree with the earlier post, this is a blackmail that Cameron is using, he knows that the next election will see him kicked to the curb, (if we lucky that is.) i wont be voting Labour or Conservatives and as for Lib Dems well they wont be finding themselves in government for a very very long time, Labours leading Ed is a weak little man, seems to have no idea what he is doing and just likes to shout. I will most likely be voting UKIP whose leader has said that when he becomes Prime Minister he will call for a referendum within the first year. if he does this right we could have a better government.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   
It's untrue to say that our trade with Europe wouldn't be affected if we left the EU. It would definitely decline. And costs for certain aspects of doing business with other EU nations would rise.

The free-trade aspect of the EU has been a notable success. The political aspect not so much.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   
The way this and previous governments have sold our country out, is nothing less than treason IMHO.
That scum bag caMORON, will not give us a in or out vote, just more lies.
And even IF we do get a vote, and we vote out, then it would just be rejected, and put to the vote again.

And i wouldn't count on our British citizens being up in arms about a re-vote, there's just to much apathy in this country now, the British public have lost their spine and sense of power, everybody's asleep.

As for the Queen...If we put a no vote in, she would just veto it too, she's not for the people of this country, she doesn't give a #s about the people of this country.

BTW , i vote out.

Oh, and don't forget...THEIR all in it together.
edit on 23/1/2013 by andypb because: Added line

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by michael1983l

If only the US were that progressive.....

Iraq - In /Out
Afganistan - In / Out
Libya - In / Out
Syria - In / Out
Obamacare - In / Out

etc, etc.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Being German myself I cannot agree with that.
I don't want anyone to interfere with political processes of any nation period.
Also, control over a nations currency (€€€) is a big pillar of true national souvereignty.
I'm more with what michael1983l stated here.
Centralism failed. Its time to dissolve this abomination as a whole, including the €uro.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by IvanAstikov

So, if the Tories and Labour are 2 sides of the same coin and the Lib-Dems are the edge of the coin, where are UKIP in this relationship? Give me one good reason why this party is any more credible than the rest of the self-serving parasites?

I'd say UKIP in this scenario would be the wallet.

With so much of our hard earned, increasingly scarce money flowing into Brussels like life's blood gushing from a gaping wound..i'd imagine UKIP will be keeping the wallet firmly closed and close to it's heart...Britain.

Quick and polite tip for those that may seek to be deliberately antagonistic...the direct approach is very transparent...mixing a mild compliment with the deliberate slur is MUCH harder to spot for what it is...not that i'm directing that at anyone in particular

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   
This is blackmail of a sort. But not to the Uk populace really.

He's basically said that if the UK isn't allowed to negotiate back to a form of membership in line with our wishes (free trade area only), then he will campaign to leave when offers the referendum. Its aimed at the other EU leaders, particularly Merkel. Fix the EU into something sensible or we leave you to carry the rest of the lames on your own.

For all their talk i don't think Germany really fancies carrying the rest of the EU on its own. It might pay off behind closed doors. Although it would never be admitted in public.

Its also calculated to get UKIP voters to vote tactically Tory at the next election. I think it will work in that regard also.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by IvanAstikov

Originally posted by michael1983l
Nigel Farage is a man that represents more than any other member of any main stream political party, the true thoughts of the British public.

Ivor, stop claiming our benafits and push off back to Eastern Europe. We don't want any part of the EU in its current form.

Not a drop of eastern European blood in my body, as far as I'm aware, but thanks for showing your true colours.

Oh come off it, the assumption was one i made myself due to your name here and the fact that you seem to predominantly offer very short (in both ways) posts, intimating English is a second language for you.

If that was a wrong assumption, fair enough, correct him on it..but trying to spin it as a racial slur isn't fair or warranted.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by IvanAstikov

The parties are all the same and it dosnt matter who we elect. Soon as they are in power, they do exactly what the other lot did. Nothing but a bunch of lying two face thieving paedophile twats. We are ruled by the EU any way, so why do we have 600 thieves sat in govt doing nothing? They do nothing but rob us for anything they can get their hands on. Even our children are not safe from them, spanking them or raping and abusing them in the care system. We should have a revolution here the UK, then we can hang these traitors and scum in govt.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by ColCurious

Oh, don't get it wrong, I'm not a supporter of Merkels politics. She has learned her trade from Kohl and she is exactly doing the same like him in the eighties and nineties:
She has no real internal politics, just "shining" and being active on the foreign affairs sector and when it's time for election, pointing on what she has done for whole Europe and how positive this is for Germany. She then get's elected for, frankly speaking, doing nothing for Germany. It just gets me sad to have another Kohl ruling Germany for years, because there are no competitors around who can debunk her propaganda...
Maybe we get another chancellor this year, but I won't bet on it. I Like Steinbrück, he did a brilliant job as financial minister, but he trips at the moment over his own feet.

@Dany85 like I said many times before, I'm from Germany.

edit on 23/1/2013 by Talliostro because: (no reason given)

edit on 23/1/2013 by Talliostro because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   

To the Germans posting on this thread. How big a news is this story in Germany, if even aknowledged at all. It would be an indicator to us in the UK as to wether this is a serious problem for the German Government or not.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   

It's big and on the frontpages everywhere.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   
The reason they now decide to hold a referendum is becouse the UK like al other european countries are controlled by the Elite [snipped] that created the financial crisis !
Of course that [snipped] David cameron is controlled by them and those people like to see total chaos in the world !!
so we can start some wars and kill each other !! ( 8 billion people is a bit to much as they say!)
Its obvious that the People vote against Europa so that means that the euro will collapse ! Many people in the EU feel the same way about the Union ! Greece,Spain ,Irland ,Portugal,and so fort
You do the math !!
David [snipped] Cameron suddenly listen to his country man and wimen he .lmaoooooooooooooo
Its a setup my friends

edit on Wed Jan 23 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: Mod Note: Do Not Evade the Automatic Censors

edit on Wed Jan 23 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: profanity removed

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by ColCurious

Thanks, I guess it is being taken seriously then, I also guess it might help those that want reforms themselves within Germany. I think this announcement has come at the right time for the whole EU, I think the intentions are suspect from Cameron, but for now I am happy that it has been said. It is about time the people of Europe actually had their say on what they think of the current EU.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join