It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Finally Promised Referendum on EU

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 07:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Talliostro

We are lead to believe in our "free" press that Germany is overwhelmingly in support of the European Union. Looks like we may be being lied to judging by our German friends responses in this thread, thank you for the education, looks like we are seeking the same goals.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Talliostro
reply to post by ColCurious

You and me don't have anything to gain from this, to be honest. Our social systems got run down in the last 10 years, our infrastructure is crumbling and we see poverty emerging more and more. Just look around you, there is something really wrong in Germany and noone bothers to stand up because everyone is saying "Oh hey, don't complain, just look how bad it is for XY. So hush and work on."
This attitude is getting us nowhere, noone except the politicans and already rich benefit from the massive succes of the german economy.
There is nothing to gain for the majority of the german people except getting poorer over the time.

seems like the same problems the UK has

Yes agreed - there is a pervasive culture that abounds at the moment - where as I said the 'people' are not represented anywhere - not really.

Who represents 'us' the people .. I mean why do we keep voting for these looneys ?

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by michael1983l

We are lead to believe in our "free" press that Germany is overwhelmingly in support of the European Union. Looks like we may be being lied to judging by our German friends responses in this thread, thank you for the education, looks like we are seeking the same goals.

German Chancellor Angela Merkel wants fiscal restraint, they don't want growth financed by more debt. They think this can be achieved through a more united Europe, tougher, tightened fiscal discipline's throughout.

The idea is actually quite sound and would work... but who wants to give up national powers.
edit on 23-1-2013 by tdk84 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by SprocketUK
When the time comes they'll find some reason to say that a referendum isn't needed. Just like they did over maastricht. Anyone who thinks one of the big parties would risk the people voting to leave is sadly deluded.

There is much truth in your words. We all need to think ahead and find out what could possibly happen in 2017 or earlier that would halt this kind of open vote. It feels all too easy. And to quote Admiral Ackbar 'It's a trap!"

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by tdk84

German Chancellor Angela Merkel wants fiscal restraint, they don't want growth financed by more debt. They think this can be achieved through a more united Europe tougher fiscal policies forced throughout.

The idea is actually quite sound and would work... but who wants to give up national powers.

You are totally missing the point about why we should be in/out of the EU. Economy is just a side show, this is all about Democracy and National Soverignty. We are an independant Britain, not a United State of Brussels, with Dictators making our rules.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 07:22 AM
link   

German Chancellor Angela Merkel wants fiscal restraint, they don't want growth financed by more debt. They think this can be achieved through a more united Europe tougher fiscal policies forced throughout.

But if countries cannot control their own interest rate, therefore they cannot devalue their currency to make their exports more favourable - how can more 'fiscal' restraint help; They need their own cental banks back and control of their own money.

Have you seen what is happening in Spain for instance, and in Greece, all the 'bailout' funds go to the banks, not the people.

It is a vicious circle - plus who put Merkel in charge ?

link   

Seen from such an angle, that's true. But still...
My point is more that we are not even on the same planet as the Greece at the moment.
How are we supposed to share a fiscal-political system with them then?

link   
reply to post by michael1983l

Oh I do like the idea behind the EU, don't get me wrong. I like to travel to other european countries unhindered, enjoying another culture and meeting other people. I like the general concept of the Schengen Treaty, prospering peace, trade and freedom throughout the EU.
What I don't like is the fact, that my tax used to paying debts and bills of other countries, while "my" country is crumbling and hollowed out around me for the benefit of someone else. And I don't like being ruled by someone I didn't vote for.

So I think, the german and british people have much more in common than we are told by the MSM.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by HelenConway
plus who put Merkel in charge ?

EXACTLY. This point alone, should be enough for anybody with sense to vote us out of this Federal Dictatorship.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Even if there is a vote, what makes you think they'll respect the result ?

Just look at the last round of referendums in europe about the constitution...
Several countries voted NO (france, ireland, netherlands, greece) and they didn't give a damn.

Look at egypt, how many time it took to organise their second referendum on their consitution, something like 2 weeks.

And what did we get in return from the UK ? .... Baroness Ashton, well done you !
edit on 23-1-2013 by Chrysalis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chrysalis
Even if there is a vote, what makes you think they'll respect the result ?

Just look at the last round of referendums in europe about the constitution...
Several countries voted NO (france, ireland, netherlands, greece) and they didn't give a damn.

Look at egypt, how many time it took to organise their second referendum on their consitution, something like 2 weeks.

And what did we get in return from the UK ? .... Baroness Ashton, well done you !
edit on 23-1-2013 by Chrysalis because: (no reason given)

If we vote out of the EU and the Government refuse to abide by it, hopefully either the Queen will disolve the Government or the people will over throw them.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Talliostro
reply to post by michael1983l

Oh I do like the idea behind the EU, don't get me wrong. I like to travel to other european countries unhindered, enjoying another culture and meeting other people. I like the general concept of the Schengen Treaty, prospering peace, trade and freedom throughout the EU.
What I don't like is the fact, that my tax used to paying debts and bills of other countries, while "my" country is crumbling and hollowed out around me for the benefit of someone else. And I don't like being ruled by someone I didn't vote for.

So I think, the german and british people have much more in common than we are told by the MSM.

why can't we still have free trade agreements and free movement of people ? Without all the other 'stuff' [ [read +rap] . As long as the people moving country to country are NOT entitled to free benefits and free housing etc.

Th etrouble started IMO when the 27 poor countries joined the EU.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chrysalis
If we vote out of the EU and the Government refuse to abide by it, hopefully either the Queen will disolve the Government or the people will over throw them.

That 'aint gonna happen - she has done nothing whilst the country she inherited has changed beyond recognition. She is a patsy IMO [ sorry I am NOT a royalist ] not until we get an English monarch again.[ Scotland can have a Scottish monarch if they want ?]
edit on 23-1-2013 by HelenConway because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 07:29 AM
link   

plus who put Merkel in charge ?

I am not really sure, if she is in charge or if she is just used as a spokesperson for someone else. My gut tells me to look to Brussel instead to Berlin.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Herman van Rompuy. Look no further than that weasel.
edit on 23-1-2013 by michael1983l because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by tdk84

You are totally missing the point about why we should be in/out of the EU. Economy is just a side show, this is all about Democracy and National Soverignty. We are an independant Britain, not a United State of Brussels, with Dictators making our rules.

Thats exactly what I just said? Educating what the German Chancellor wants and that no one wants to give up national powers.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by tdk84

How is that what Merkel said? How is asking for more restraints and rules over our nation, giving us back our Soverign Powers?

link   

I seem to remember the Netherlands had one, the people said NO to the EU...so they decided that wasn't the 'correct' answer and continued having a vote until they got the answer they wanted.

Pretty sure it was the NL..

Republic of Ireland too

link   

It is a vicious circle - plus who put Merkel in charge ?

Shes not in charge, its just what she thinks would work... pretty much no one agrees... even France.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by tdk84

So who is in charge then? because it certainly isn't David Cameron or the British Government. But we still get law changes dictated to us by the European Courts of Human Rights and the European Union. Votes for murders and rapists, serving porridge time? anybody?
edit on 23-1-2013 by michael1983l because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join