It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Taliban think Harry may have a Mental issue

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by DarknStormy

Thats jimmy so VILE with his best friends out for walk. He was charlie boys mentor for 40yrs. He was even brought in to chat with Diana when charlie was shagging old horse head camilla.

CX

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 07:39 AM
link   
That made me chuckle...."Taliban think Harry may have a mental issue"....

From the people who shoot little girls in the head who just want a better way of life.

I don't care how different their culture may be to ours....how broken is that?!

CX.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13
I thought it was to KNOW you can destroy but maintain a level of RESPECT for CREATED life and so keep it sheathed unless totally provoked otherwise allowing Peace... to over all PREVAIL...

OnTopic I think his mentality scares them and that's strange

I don't think it scares them, they are trying to work out how he compares it to a video game. Obviously they haven't played Black Ops 2 yet

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 07:50 AM
link   

So what are the Taliban doing then? Sitting in their harems getting high? Raping boys? Preparing heroin for export? Paying young local men a couple of bucks to shoot an obsolete rifle at coalition forces and then get themselves killed? Executing school teachers? Stoning women? Ah, the life of a "resistance fighter", so noble, so just.

Taliban's restrictions on women and Afghans in general

edit on 23-1-2013 by seabhac-rua because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by seabhac-rua

So what are the Taliban doing then? Sitting in their harems getting high? Raping boys? Preparing heroin for export? Paying young local men a couple of bucks to shoot an obsolete rifle at coalition forces and then get themselves killed? Executing school teachers? Stoning women? Ah, the life of a "resistance fighter", so noble, so just.

Its ok to knock the Taliban and I haven't called them resistance fighters. But just remember, two countries across, in a smaller country where resistance fighters are being funded by the West and gulf states, little boys and girls are being raped, tortured, executed in front of their parents... With that, the parents follow them. If the terrorists even look like getting at ones child, the parent shoots their child to save their honour and dignity.

People are being beheaded, decapitated, fed to dogs, booted out of their homes, dragged down the streets dead, blown to eternity all because our cry baby leaders aren't happy with one man and his political party.. But thats noble, isn't it? Child killers are everywhere and what makes it worse is our leaders will cover it up to push their agenda. It wouldn't surprise me if the same was happening in Afghanistan and the taliban are the fall guys.

But wait, theres more... Possibly 1 Million civilians dead in Iraq, accusations of Al-Qaeda in Iraq which are most likely civilians who are sick of seeing their friends and family slaughtered, even after all this time. Torture, abuse, child killing again and you would think that was the end of it hey?

Libya, funding extremists once more, same as Syria, innocent people tortured, raped and even now extremists crossing into Algeria apparently with Canadian ring leaders who took more innocent civilians hostage. Now they are also dead, France and co have entered Mali and now we get to see how many people they kill. They may not rape them for fear of catching HIV or something but its a start. Things just keep getting better on this little rock and we have our governments and army to thank for it..

Now maybe you can point out all the Muslim atrocities for me so we can get the other 5% of war crimes and murder over the last 10 years, thanks.
edit on 23-1-2013 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by seabhac-rua

You both make good points.
1 wonders what is the answer then globally.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 08:07 AM
link   

The things you mentioned are horrible and very sad, but let me tell you this: the Taliban are not the "fall guys", they are just another brutal savage element in the madness of that war.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 08:11 AM
link   

The things you mentioned are horrible and very sad, but let me tell you this: the Taliban are not the "fall guys", they are just another brutal savage element in the madness of that war.

Of course they are... I'm not saying they are great people, they have done some nasty things..

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13
reply to post by seabhac-rua

You both make good points.
1 wonders what is the answer then globally.

Its just war in the end.. Both sides are guilty of murder and atrocities, the same could be said for the other countries also. Picking sides doesn't change the fact both are killing.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 08:23 AM
link   

You both touched on points related to some in the Taliban and other proxies being influenced with Ignorance, and it seems that if you look at 1 side you cannot se the other. So 1 wondered what is the REAL answer or is there even 1? For being on the lower level as 1 is with understanding what is going on 1 is not sure of the behind the scenes higher level agendas at play. Which may infact be manipulating both sides of the coin.

Its no secret there is a very financial producing product in Taliban territory and it wouldn't be a far reach to a say some may find deep interest in controlling these products. So a force is inplanted to manage the product. Taliban and a force manages the money made. Otherwise the financial gain can and would go to factions less shall 1 say attractive to the world stage at play. 1 knows what the answer was just seeing if any wished to say.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarknStormy

Now maybe you can point out all the Muslim atrocities for me so we can get the other 5% of war crimes and murder over the last 10 years, thanks.

I'm not making this a Muslim/non-Muslim issue.

I'm just challenging the myopic view that a lot of westerners have that because the current war in Afghanistan was wrongly and illegally initiated, this means the Taliban are somehow righteous in their cause, and their actions. They are not, plain and simple.

Speak to any service men or women who have served on the ground over there and you will hear the real story.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

Israel

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Wait...........This from the same people that use the mentally handicap, women and children to be the delivery method for suicide bombs???

Yeah, ok then.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by macman

Wait...........This from the same people that use the mentally handicap, women and children to be the delivery method for suicide bombs???

Yeah, ok then.

Don't worry, I seen the funny side of it also, Maybe someone should send them a PS3 so they can understand what he meant.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   

The Taliban have responded to Prince Harrys remarks which compared his Afghan duties to an Xbox/Playstation game. The Taliban believe the 3rd in line for the throne has developed some sort of mental problem.

Really this is the exact same Taliban that also believed that no women ever deserved any education and also banned kite flying now also believe that Prince Harry has a mental health problem?

OP serious question, do you believe that the Taliban are in anyway a authority of the mental health of the Prince, if not why bother posting this?

As much as I don't like saying it, you gotta give it to the taliban.

I have sneaking suspicion that you actually do like to say it.

How they have lasted this long is beyond me.

A basic history of Afghanistan should answer that for you!

As for Harry, I think maybe he should get out of his chopper and see what sort of video game he would be playing on the ground

You mean like he did a few years back when he was fighting alongside the Ghurkha’s in Afghanistan as a forward air controller who was actually involved in repealing Taliban attacks.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Some may think it is impressive, but I do not. The reason being that they can blend in with innocent civilians, to the point where the soldiers fighting against them have to basically wait until they are attacked to engage the enemy. It is similar to what happened in Vietnam, with US GI's being on someone else's turf. The big difference however is that there was an army to fight in that war, but now there are just insurgent fighters with no clear military force. How do you defeat something like that, while at the same time trying not to get your own soldiers killed?

It is difficult, and the Taliban picks when they want to attack. The US and the other allies however are there to win the hearts and minds of the people, and must travel to interact and help the population. This makes them a target. So they cannot just sit there hunkered down and accomplish anything. It's one big mess though, that's for sure.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   

reply to post by jcarpenter

Your statement reflects the ignorance of propriety.

The Taliban are "resistance fighters"? Yeah right. If they are then why are the local Afghan's terrified of them?

I submit that the taliban are to their country what the US government is in the US. They are determined to rule by their own ideology come hell-or-high-water.

At least *they* are not trafficking in narcotics (and weapons, and nuclear material, and god-only-knows-what-else), looting and committing crimes and war crimes around the entire world.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Awesome, another one of these posts...

How is saying "the control pad on a helicopter is similar to a game controller " equal to "killing the Talban is like a video game"

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by jcarpenter

At least *they* are not trafficking in narcotics (and weapons, and nuclear material, and god-only-knows-what-else), looting and committing crimes and war crimes around the entire world.

Uhhhhhhhhhh...Ask anyone that has fought over there. The Taliban's source of funding is Opium. So I guess you are correct, they are not trafficking IN narcotics. Just out.

Oh so many other crimes, but why look at that. Just bash the US and everyone else.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by OtherSideOfTheCoin

Really this is the exact same Taliban that also believed that no women ever deserved any education and also banned kite flying now also believe that Prince Harry has a mental health problem?

Where did I say I believe them? But what makes you think it is like a video game?

OP serious question, do you believe that the Taliban are in anyway a authority of the mental health of the Prince, if not why bother posting this?

I didn't write the article nor did I speak to the Taliban.. I just posted it after someone else did.

I have sneaking suspicion that you actually do like to say it.

No, I will give them a bit of credit for fighting this long, that doesn't mean I agree with what they do when it comes to human rights.

A basic history of Afghanistan should answer that for you!

Well of course, they most likely got their weapons from the USA back in the 80's or something and don't tell me, they are using those weapons against the USA now?

You mean like he did a few years back when he was fighting alongside the Ghurkha’s in Afghanistan as a forward air controller who was actually involved in repealing Taliban attacks.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join