It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

End desire to ascend now.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by H4W4II4N_PUNCH
don't mean to be a buzzkill (let me put on the flame suit) eliminate desire, and enter new reality brb.... Sorry still here on this side of the universe trying to make sence of it just like every1 else. Don't get me wrong I use 2 live by that philosophy for a good part of my life, but the way I see it now is that life without desire is a life without meaning, without motivation. I am not talking physical tangible desire, I speak of the desire to live, to create, to expierience and learn.

I guess what I'm trying to say is loss of desire is loss of motivation is loss of incentive is loss of change which makes an individual stagnant and oblivious to the bigger picture. Forgive me if I miss interpreted the op. Nevertheless it did prevoke deeper thought from me S&F

What happens when you lose desire is not something you can infer using logical deduction. Thanks s why I said don't argue or debate or look for a reason. Something unexpected happens when you lose desire. The world pulls off a magic trick.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Angle
You know, the only thing I know is that according to the bible there are 144.000 men, who didn't let in with women and remained virgin that will ascend. But the difference is they know whereto, and that is to heaven to Jesus. They will be like angels.

I remember what it was like to be a virgin. Sexual desire is seemingly exclusive of other kinds of desire because it leads to a great place. But like all other forms of desire, once the sought object is acquired, there will be a new object to take its place. I believe, if I were living right, I would be having sex exclusively for procreation, but only after I have determined that life was worth propagating. But I digress.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ralphy
I have seen quite a few threads concerning the end of desire now and I wanted to know something.

If one were to get rid of desire, why are the people who believe in this still living? You surely wouldn't eat and be concerned with going on in life here on earth as it requires desire or the will to live. If you still eat and drink then you have desire. Like someone else had said earlier, the desire to not desire is still a desire. Desire is part of life and it can be enjoyed so I don't know why so many want to get rid of it when you can't unless you kill yourself but even that is done out of desire to change something in your life.

Maybe someone can clear this up for me as maybe I'm misunderstanding the concept.
edit on 23-1-2013 by Ralphy because: (no reason given)

Go here: www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 23-1-2013 by Shema because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 01:11 AM
link   
I used to believe there is exists something great, and when it happens, one is just free of all sorrow. What does this have to do with this thread? Maybe ending desire leads to this. Yes, could as well be like that. Maybe one desires for one is not in peace with what he can get, because of not knowing value. Sometimes cleaning your room leads to let's say like winning the lottery for everything has its own time they say. Maybe desiring just delays. My life fell into pieces. Solve my puzzle please.

Now I know, desire needs action, one needs to let go of the desire and then the desire is fulfilled. hn, this could be in the long run for some desires.
edit on 24-1-2013 by Angle because: (no reason given)

It's a nice thread.

I'd say the longing for the desire to be fulfilled when you haven't let the desire fulfill itself, by letting go, is keeping you away from the desired.

edit on 24-1-2013 by Angle because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join