It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

End desire to ascend now.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Don't debate. Don't argue. Go to a quiet place, close your eyes, and and stop wanting anything.

You will enter a new reality. I'm not going to tell you what to expect, but I will say it's much different. Go do it.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

Count me out

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 01:34 AM
link   

You're asking a distracted world to quiet their mind?

Sounds boring to most...

Good luck

:shk:

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shema

Count me out

Okay, get out.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb

Count me out

Okay, get out.

I'm not in to get out

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Count me out

Okay, get out.

I'm not in to get out

Well, so much for "Don't debate.and Don't argue."...

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 02:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Shema

Typical adult with the mentality of a 3 year old. Clicks on a topic that they have no interest in just to say something my little nephew would say. You see it everywhere. Alot of people have your syndrome Shema so dont be shamed.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 02:10 AM
link   
you'll never ascend with so much desire to see the world change

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Thank you OP. It really is that simple.

When humanity realizes that nothing in the external world can tell them who they are, the only other place is to look within.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by itsJUSTzo
reply to post by Shema

Typical adult with the mentality of a 3 year old. Clicks on a topic that they have no interest in just to say something my little nephew would say. You see it everywhere. Alot of people have your syndrome Shema so dont be shamed.

what was that quote?

a wise man speaks because he has something to say. an idiot speaks because he must say something.

or she.

on another note. good advice OP. that is one of the singly most powerful things one can do towards achieving ego death. most ppl cant get past the death part tho. they hear that word and are overcome with panic stricken fear. such is a conditioning it seems they are unable to break.
edit on 23-1-2013 by 0mage because: cant get enough o that spicy ramen

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Don't debate. Don't argue. Go to a quiet place, close your eyes, and and stop wanting anything.

You will enter a new reality. I'm not going to tell you what to expect, but I will say it's much different. Go do it.

By doing what you say there will be expectation. Sitting down and wanting nothing has intention behind it. It is still wanting.
It is a 'doing'.
Are you are human doing or are you just being?

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 06:09 AM
link   
don't mean to be a buzzkill (let me put on the flame suit) eliminate desire, and enter new reality brb.... Sorry still here on this side of the universe trying to make sence of it just like every1 else. Don't get me wrong I use 2 live by that philosophy for a good part of my life, but the way I see it now is that life without desire is a life without meaning, without motivation. I am not talking physical tangible desire, I speak of the desire to live, to create, to expierience and learn.

I guess what I'm trying to say is loss of desire is loss of motivation is loss of incentive is loss of change which makes an individual stagnant and oblivious to the bigger picture. Forgive me if I miss interpreted the op. Nevertheless it did prevoke deeper thought from me S&F

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Maybe the op could provide some techniques to help people achieve this. It is simple but requires dedication and some commitment. I have my own practices, but I'm hoping the op will provide theirs.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 06:25 AM
link   
I have seen quite a few threads concerning the end of desire now and I wanted to know something.

If one were to get rid of desire, why are the people who believe in this still living? You surely wouldn't eat and be concerned with going on in life here on earth as it requires desire or the will to live. If you still eat and drink then you have desire. Like someone else had said earlier, the desire to not desire is still a desire. Desire is part of life and it can be enjoyed so I don't know why so many want to get rid of it when you can't unless you kill yourself but even that is done out of desire to change something in your life.

Maybe someone can clear this up for me as maybe I'm misunderstanding the concept.
edit on 23-1-2013 by Ralphy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Ralphy

in my case, the desire is for spiritual growth instead of material accuisition.

realizing that we all die and our bodies will decay and that everything we worked (slaved) for cannot be taken with us. i turned to the last hope.. consciousness.. cannot decay and is eternal. luckily i was able to prove this within myself.

why not die? for one reason.. purpose. accepting that when i die it means my purpose has been fullfilled on this plane. leaving it all in the hands of fate, destiny and the higher powers.

this place, decrepid as it has been, is a nice little playground.. one i plan on seeing out to the end.. as was my wish to do upon attainment.

that is the only reason.. in my case.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Sounds like Buddhism!
err! desire to be empty. fail...

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 08:40 AM
link   
You know, the only thing I know is that according to the bible there are 144.000 men, who didn't let in with women and remained virgin that will ascend. But the difference is they know whereto, and that is to heaven to Jesus. They will be like angels.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

Are you are human doing or are you just being?

Well one can't be one or the other can they. A human doing is a human being.
edit on 23-1-2013 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Here's what I do. I put my energy into what I want the future to be. I don't "hope" for it, I don't "wish", I just picture in my head and with words and energy and make it so. I don't worry or think about the details of HOW, I let those work their way out the way they need to, just like it should be.

So I envision prosperty, peace, love, all the things I want to manifest, and I do so INSIDE first and then radiate that outward.

And then I just BE.

It is all about moving into your heart. You are powerful beyond words, and collectively we can move mountains. But only if you live in the heart.

I think the OPPT is a manifestation of this BE-ing that we've decided should happen. More will come, we must continue to BE.
edit on 23-1-2013 by fourthmeal because: added some about oppt

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by H4W4II4N_PUNCH
don't mean to be a buzzkill (let me put on the flame suit) eliminate desire, and enter new reality brb.... Sorry still here on this side of the universe trying to make sence of it just like every1 else. Don't get me wrong I use 2 live by that philosophy for a good part of my life, but the way I see it now is that life without desire is a life without meaning, without motivation. I am not talking physical tangible desire, I speak of the desire to live, to create, to expierience and learn.

I guess what I'm trying to say is loss of desire is loss of motivation is loss of incentive is loss of change which makes an individual stagnant and oblivious to the bigger picture. Forgive me if I miss interpreted the op. Nevertheless it did prevoke deeper thought from me S&F

A loss of desire is in not trying to grab things so hard. You grab at smoke and wonder why you're left with nothing.

You're completely free to live a life that's full of vigor and ambition, without desire, without disappointment when life doesn't go the way you want it to.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join