It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is your 'earthly' job/occupation?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   
1. Unemployed
... Graduated high school about a year and a half ago, figured college was a scam so I never went and decided to use my time off figuring out what I was passionate about, had a few jobs mostly just retail and receptionist work. I felt strangled, I hated bending over backwards for the higher ups, I was angry at the wage slavery system, and being well versed about the global manipulation and brainwashing of the population combined with heavily reading into the illusionary nature of reality dashed with personal "spiritual revelations" and a whole lotta reading about extra-terrestrials/inter-dimensionals... I've never lasted more than 3 months at any job.

2. I love not working lol =]

3. Unfortunately we need money to access resources so I'm contemplating on becoming a physical therapy assistant and pursuing my artistic and holistic healing pursuits on the side. I'm not making definite plans, just going with the flow of things, you never know ... aliens might fake land and stir up society for a while aha ^_^

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by erikahoney2014

1. Unemployed
... Graduated high school about a year and a half ago, figured college was a scam so I never went and decided to use my time off figuring out what I was passionate about, had a few jobs mostly just retail and receptionist work. I felt strangled, I hated bending over backwards for the higher ups, I was angry at the wage slavery system, and being well versed about the global manipulation and brainwashing of the population combined with heavily reading into the illusionary nature of reality dashed with personal "spiritual revelations" and a whole lotta reading about extra-terrestrials/inter-dimensionals... I've never lasted more than 3 months at any job.

2. I love not working lol =]

3. Unfortunately we need money to access resources so I'm contemplating on becoming a physical therapy assistant and pursuing my artistic and holistic healing pursuits on the side. I'm not making definite plans, just going with the flow of things, you never know ... aliens might fake land and stir up society for a while aha ^_^

@erikahoney2014 : I love your post.
On a more 'practical' question though, regarding your point #3 , see the bolded sentence, I'm curious: how do you plan on doing those things? would it be through some -unfortunately- college/uni Degree (and thus, need MONEY again as usual..!) because -unfortunately again- our "modern" society is so hellbent on requiring previously-RELATED degree or work experiences ?..

are you familiar with the Catch-22 "can't get a job without experience, and can't get experience without a job" obstacle thing, which is -unfortunately- so prevalent & common nowadays due to the inefficient & corrupt 'System' we "modern" society currently are having?.. if you're familiar, then how do you/can we work around it, or even better, SOLVE it?..

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by dinkot

Sorry I didn't see your post earlier.

I threw out the physical therapy assistant idea out the window since my heart wasn't into it, but if I were to continue on with it then yeah I have to go to community college to finish pre-requisites. For the most part, general education requirements are a waste of time and money. Maybe I'll just find a full time office job and do the things I'm passionate about on the side until I can figure out how to monetize it.

Have you ever heard of Jacque Fresco? The Venus Project? Zeitgeist documentaries? All the information is basically on YouTube which brings into spotlight misconceptions about human nature, how the monetary system is inherently screwed up and is largely responsible for the myriad of our social and political problems which happen to be interconnected and interdependent, and the Venus Project proposes a Resource Based Economy where everyone has access to human needs without needing to barter or having to exchange any form of money.

I really recommend that you give the information a try and keep an open mind. I also suggest watching the video below, it's quite entertaining and educational.

www.youtube.com...

The global economic system, and I'm sure you're quite aware of this, is failing and we can't do anything about it. No one for sure knows what's going to happen after, but to me if we want to continue to exist as a species and actually thrive intellectually and spiritually, we really need to radically change [aka grow the f*** up] inside because the outer world [our system] is a reflection of our inner world, this is an evolution of consciousness.

I continue to educate myself all the time, no dilly dallying, and to spread and build ideas with others who are receptive. Be compassionate, be understanding, be more conscious of your emotions and thoughts so you can have control of how you react to situations and people, you know … do positive # and grow. I hope this wall of text helped =]

Erika Honey
edit on 25-1-2013 by erikahoney2014 because: video link didn't work at first.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join