It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is your 'earthly' job/occupation?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 12:30 AM
link   
1) What is your 'earthly' job/occupation you have, now?
2) Do you like/love it?..or, you're just basically sort of 'pressured' by the 'System'?
and is it related with your love or research on this whole "conspiracy", ATS forum,...or not at all?
3) if you answer the latter on the previous question, then, what is your PLAN?

please do share.. as I'm currently really confused as to:
- which one is the *real* truth (are we really seriously being conspired?.. or, this forum is just another form of "escapism" or "fantasy-thinking" from the everyday's harsh & mundane reality/real-world?)
- and therefore, what should/must I *DO* , especially in the terms of finding the right job/occupation/career in our current 'earthly' world/society/System ?..

thanks.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by dinkot
2) Do you like/love it?..or, you're just basically sort of 'pressured' by the 'System'?
and is it related with your love or research on this whole "conspiracy", ATS forum,...or not at all?

thanks.

1. Healthcare worker

2. Yes I love it... and its closely related to my beliefs... no conspiracies at all...

if you answer the latter on the previous question, then, what is your PLAN

Nursing...

please do share.. as I'm currently really confused as to:
- which one is the *real* truth (are we really seriously being conspired?.. or, this forum is just another form of "escapism" or "fantasy-thinking" from the everyday's harsh & mundane reality/real-world?)
- and therefore, what should/must I *DO* , especially in the terms of finding the right job/occupation/career in our current 'earthly' world/society/System ?..

Don't do what you hate...

try to find work in what you're interested in doing... GO TO SCHOOL...or stay in... if you can...

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 12:45 AM
link   

One thing that you should not do would be to ask faceless online strangers for life-advice.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Evidence that ATS hasn't changed in 2013

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 01:16 AM
link   
I don't mind answering, as far as advice....that I don't have.

I am a stay at home mom, my children just started college.....well one is halfway thru actually.

I have constant guilt about it because we are looked down on these days. I know I shouldn't let it bother me but it does.

We have learned to live quite well on one salary and I have health problems lately, so going back to work hasn't been on my mind.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 01:51 AM
link   
I am an industrial engineer. I ran my own industrial engineering and repair service for 25 years in the Chicago metro market. When both business and health insurance started getting too expensive and the economy started drying up I went out of business and took a job with a 20 year customer as the maintenance and manufacturing engineer for their plants in 4 states including the Georgia campus with 5 divisions and transfer depots in 3 other states. I have always been an alpha geek and I enjoyed my work tremendously. I retired in September of 2006 and now live a life of relative ease but still do some occasional consulting and engineering work when I can find it.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 01:53 AM
link   
I am a bookbinder by trade and I have spent alot of years in printing factories operating machinery..

However my true passion is antique books so these days I work from home restoring them using traditional methods and tools. Money comes less regular now but over a financial year I earn the same as a factory job anyway.

This one is an old french Vultgate edition of The New Testament dated 1667. The words seeing ban and law maintains are written in latin. It was a loose text block that I rebound and finished in 24ct. gold leaf.

I like to give these older books a distressed look in the finishing to keep the aged look.
If looked after it will be good for another few hundred years.

My advice is to find your passion and just roll with it, it will be very rewarding for you.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by LeLeu

I think I just fell in love with this thread....

That is amazing!

Its very interesting to see what others on our forum do...

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 02:21 AM
link   
I was an elevator repair mechanic til last week.
To much stress and danger involved.
Thinking of going into the solar energy biz.
Or growing tomatoes.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 02:24 AM
link   
reply to post by LeLeu

My advice is to find your passion and just roll with it, it will be very rewarding for you.

It is said that if you do something you love you will never truly work another day in your life.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 02:49 AM
link   
im a standup comedian. i have a few dance routines where i wear a 2 coloured outfit and a 3 spire hat with jingly bells on them.
edit on 23-1-2013 by 0mage because: where the kfc at?

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 05:49 AM
link   
I make vinegar and related products. It is my own cottage industry.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 08:01 AM
link   
I'm a teacher.

I plan to get my doctorate on brain-based learning, and either move to teaching college or doing research and developing curriculums.

It is my passion. I find the brain, and how it learns, fascinating.

Of course, there's always a part of me that wishes I was a marine biologist. Too badi get sea sick.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by dinkot

Microbiologist Lvl 1 (Assistant).

2) Do you like/love it?..or, you're just basically sort of 'pressured' by the 'System'? and is it related with your love or research on this whole "conspiracy", ATS forum,...or not at all?

Well im "okay" with it, i want to be a senior microbiologist... assistant is just a *b*itch* for the seniors. Funny part is all senior microbiologist are in their late 50s with old education... only thing that's keeping them the job is their work field experience.

Well Microbiology is sort of falls in with the vaccine conspiracy... maybe because i have actual knowledge in the field, i can see people being paranoid about vaccine. To tell the truth, not all vaccine are the same. But people try to lump all together(probably hypocrites that didn't lose their legs from polio, or die from tetanus). Well anti-Vaccine threats gets tonnes of ignorant stars and flags on ATS. i worked with more antibiotic production than vaccine.

My PLAN is to being a research microbiologist, and possibly get into stem cell research, when it gets accepted by retarded, double standard society, until then i would try to get into a cancer research study.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   
I currently work as a delivery driver. I don't like it at all tbh but i have no choice currently. I come from an engineering background, But that all disappeared when the recession hit 4 years ago. I also volunteer at a childrens church youth club and want to do more to help people, Maybe help out a sat night at a homeless street soup kitchen handing out meals for a few hours in a city center. Professionally im not sure which way to turn next. Maybe go back to night school and re train. Its kind of hard at the moment,. But theres always someone who is a lot worse off than myself,. Im nothing special just an ordinary guy who has a big smile on my face

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by dinkot

These days i am office based construction.

However, i have been a teacher (secondary) and worked in Conflict Resolution.

Plus a whole host of short term work to bring in extra cash (even a spell doing the bin round!). If it pays and i need the cash, i will consider it!

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Network\Unified Communications Engineer for the top pediatric hospital in America and one of the best world wide. .

I absolutely love my job as I spend my whole day making networks and PBX's work.

Their is a research component to where I work and in one of the buildings you could imagine it having a very Racoon City\28 Days Later feel to it so that sort of makes it a conspiracy.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   

1) What is your 'earthly' job

Does this mean I got a job somewhere else?

I'm an artist (jewelry) and at the moment wholesale, which is hard work, and I got nowhere near the amount I'd like to get, as the retailers are the ones getting the best chunk. I am however opening a shop (currently doing it up, hopefully open springtime), so will hopefully be able to retail a bit from there.

I love the work I do. I love the actual work, I love the results, and more so I love being in charge of the times and how I work. Due to noise levels I do all the work with any euipment during the day, but I can happily sit doing silverwork at 3am.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   
1. Left School got all my qualifications and became a fully qualified mechanic, Hated it so i became an Environmental Operative, Loved it but was fixed term and i had to leave. Then became a carpenter and absoloutely loved it. But the company went into administration and had to let people go
Now im looking for another job.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Computer Lab Admin for a Jr College

Not related to ATS. I just like to absorb information, troubleshoot PCs, and help the humans. There are parts of my job that I enjoy, and others not so much. Always be wary of the phrase: Other Duties As Assigned.

Don't have a plan. Just exchange information with other like minded "humans".
edit on 1/23/2013 by Skada because: Formatting...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join