It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who does Biden think he is? Check this out....

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
reply to post by Dizrael

You elected them to tell you what's best for you and you're all complaining.

You are all under contract to the constitution. Well not really, it's a choice.

i will say, yes. "we" did elect them to represent us. not decide everything for us. and i definately did not elect someone to disregard MY Constitution.

but again, yes, i am under "contract" to the Constitution. as an active duty military member, i did swear an oath to it. but to the Constitution in its entirety. not this picking and choosing crap and not to a figure head we chose to represent us for a short term.
edit on 23-1-2013 by Dizrael because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 02:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Dizrael

No, you're missing the point. He may have said those exact words, but no politician would ever convey the meaning you're trying to insinuate that he conveyed.

He did not mean what you think he meant.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 08:19 AM
link   
This is what happens when you elect a dry-drunk carnival barker for VP.

And what scares me is this degenerate can be considered a serious contender for the POTUS position in 2016.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by iSHRED
reply to post by SaturnFX

If i said i'm taking the fight to someone, that would mean i'm opposing them.

1) Its Biden. His articulation has always been..interesting.

2) Do you honestly think he means he is going to fight the people? Really? really??? Especially considering about 75% of the public is fully on board with the proposals...he is gonna fight them...

Now. stop being pedantic and shush. Cry wolf enough times and people will never take you seriously.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Really Biden? Obama?

"rational gun safety" would be not running guns to mexico, and arming the muslim brotherhood, and giving everything you deny us to middle eastern freedom fighter and dictator alike.

There is a rationalization that should be taken to the people not political lies to usurp more power from the people.

Neither Biden nor Obama nor Democrats have any right whatsoever to tell me what "is good for me".

Blah some can make excuse for fascists, not I. impeach em..

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Why are you denying poor mexicans, suffering from oppresive gun-legislation, the right to bear arms by importing them illegaly, while legaly buying them in the US?
This is a customs problem, not a gun ban problem.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dispo
reply to post by Dizrael

No, you're missing the point. He may have said those exact words, but no politician would ever convey the meaning you're trying to insinuate that he conveyed.

He did not mean what you think he meant.

Dude this thread is so funny. The fact that you've now had to point out the errors in this members reasoning as well is classic. Shall I do it as well or would that be overkill?

To the OP, as has already been stated that phrase (verbatim and with modifications) has been used for many many years.

It means to take your case or argument to your bosses the people.

edit on 23-1-2013 by merkins because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by iSHRED

BIDEN: Look, I can't guarantee anything that the Congress is going to do, you know that. But I can guarantee you that the president and I are absolutely committed to take this fight to the American people for a rational gun safety policy in America.

CNN interview

Since when is is the POTUS or VP's job to "...take this fight to the American people..."

Not even hiding the fact anymore that our opinions are void.

How does one start the impeachment process?

That evil man. Why should the American people be involved in things that offect them. Take it to the people? No sir you just make the laws and tell the people what to do like the OP wants.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join