It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who does Biden think he is? Check this out....

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 12:09 AM
link   

BIDEN: Look, I can't guarantee anything that the Congress is going to do, you know that. But I can guarantee you that the president and I are absolutely committed to take this fight to the American people for a rational gun safety policy in America.

CNN interview

Since when is is the POTUS or VP's job to "...take this fight to the American people..."

Not even hiding the fact anymore that our opinions are void.

How does one start the impeachment process?

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Its saying the exact opposite. Bringing it to the people means getting the people involved to help with the fight..expect a lot of messages to phone the congressmen and all that.

You don't start the impeachment process. Congress does..and they can't do it just because they lost an election and are suffering butthurt.
Well...actually they can (see Clinton), however that tends to flop anyhow (again, see Clinton)

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by iSHRED

thats definately presumptuous on his part, this guy thinks he knows whats "best" for us? that we need the fight BROUGHT to us?

molon labe? anyone?

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by iSHRED
Since when is is the POTUS or VP's job to "...take this fight to the American people..."

He's phrased it badly, but he's saying that the American people, if asked, will be on his side in this argument.

Not just this issue, but any issue. A politicial will *ALWAYS* say that the majority of the people agree with them.
They may grudgingly agree that they'd had some calls or letters to the opposite, but will always then go on to say the silent majority feel the same way that they do.

Its what politicians do.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

If i said i'm taking the fight to someone, that would mean i'm opposing them.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by iSHRED

With a Howitzer !

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Im having a problem figuring out the bigger VP moron.

Biden and his volatile mouth or DICK Cheney and his hunting accident.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 12:37 AM
link   

No, it doesn't. "Taking the fight to the people" means that you are no longer going to deal with the people opposing your plan (thus the 'fight') and are bringing it to the ultimate power in this country- the people.

It really is a common phrase. You haven't heard it before?

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Montana

No, it doesn't. "Taking the fight to the people" means that you are no longer going to deal with the people opposing your plan (thus the 'fight') and are bringing it to the ultimate power in this country- the people.

It really is a common phrase. You haven't heard it before?

if you "take the fight to someone" you are taking the offensive stance. if the American People take the fight to VP Biden, it means he will be on the defensive.

FIGHT

1a : to contend in battle or physical combat; especially : to strive to overcome a person by blows or weapons

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by iSHRED

well you asked so here is the how usgovinfo.about.com... it explains the process and whom has the final word if yea or nay

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Dizrael

Don't complain to me, the phrase has been a part of the political scene for a couple hundred years! I'm sorry you folks haven't heard it yet but that doesn't change the way it has been used and understood. But if you must create a crisis where one isn't feel free. Certainly wouldn't want to put a crimp in your agenda!

Peace

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Montana

I say we TAKE THE FIGHT TO THEM, do it our way"

"You go to where ever they are and attack them, rather than waiting for them to come and attack you. It's not exactly an idiom. You can take battles and disputes to other places. And a classic statement (with the fight understood) is "Let's take this outside."

edit on 23-1-2013 by Dizrael because: added ex-text, quoted from another webpage.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 01:05 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Average joe doesn't even know who their congressmen are.

Everyone seems to be in agreement that congress is doing a terrible job.

Here is a litmus test on the American public.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Montana

good try, but the quote is:

"But I can guarantee you that the president and I are absolutely committed to take this fight to the American people for a rational gun safety policy in America."

read the definition i provided regarding what a fight is.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Dizrael

Oh good god. Sorry, everyone... I tried to bring some common sense to the discussion.

Whatever dude have fun.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Dizrael

A politician will not ever say what you're saying he said.

Please stop trying to provide misinformation to anyone reading this thread and debate the real issues, not the semantics.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dispo
reply to post by Dizrael

A politician will not ever say what you're saying he said.

are you sure? cuz... im pretty sure the OP said this:

BIDEN: Look, I can't guarantee anything that the Congress is going to do, you know that. But I can guarantee you that the president and I are absolutely committed to take this fight to the American people for a rational gun safety policy in America.
CNN interview

Not even hiding the fact anymore that our opinions are void.

so unless you are insinuating the OP is putting words in the VPs mouth... maybe that IS the issue on hand. he DID say that, and my point in this whole conversation is he presumes to ignore the peoples voice, because he "knows best".

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by iSHRED

His official titel is of course "Old Handsome Joe Biden, God love him"
But yeah. Funny enough he said the exact same thing as James "Glad to fire the first shot" Yeager in his last video: "Call your congresscritter!"

Btw: If you contact your congresscritter you can also tell him that the fact that you can't buy armed fighterjets impedes on your constitutional right to overthrow the government.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Dizrael

You elected them to tell you what's best for you and you're all complaining.

You are all under contract to the constitution. Well not really, it's a choice.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join