It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oklahoma senator proposes dog breed ban

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Ok, people we humans are and I mean are part of the animal kingdom and as such we humans are considered in the same group as animals, just because we have a "mind" it doesn't mean we don't act violent and stupid in many instances that causes death and harm to others and have created the biggest massacres and decimations of entire other species and other humans.

Dogs become what the owners made them to be, no always works like that with humans.

edit on 23-1-2013 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere

Originally posted by intelligenthoodlum33

Using a racist blog does nothing to help your case.

No different than using DogsBite.org.

Same method of cherry picking data, bad data to begin with, and applying it erroneously to prove a point.

So now your argument is, "He started it"???........ Okay, I can live with that. Carry on.

EDIT: No I can't. He bashes a breed of dog and you bash a race of humans to get back at him? Wrong on so many levels. End rant: Carry on.
edit on 1/23/2013 by intelligenthoodlum33 because: Had to

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere

Using a racist blog does nothing to help your case.

No different than using DogsBite.org.

Same method of cherry picking data, bad data to begin with, and applying it erroneously to prove a point.

So now your argument is, "He started it"???........ Okay, I can live with that. Carry on.

I think you're missing the point as summed in my "wrong path" post at the end of the second page.
here
edit on 23-1-2013 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 09:02 AM
link   
you're the one saying i hate the animal, not i. pit bulls has attacked and killed 1 year old kids, 8 year old kids, adults, and elderly, indiscriminate of any reason or motive. would you allow your kids to play with a grizzy bear, a mountain lion, a 12-foot python,...why? because those animals are unpredictable and vicious.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx
you're the one saying i hate the animal, not i. pit bulls has attacked and killed 1 year old kids, 8 year old kids, adults, and elderly, indiscriminate of any reason or motive. would you allow your kids to play with a grizzy bear, a mountain lion, a 12-foot python,...why? because those animals are unpredictable and vicious.

whoa there Jimbo Slice...
Not all pitbulls are vicious man....
PROMISE

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Has this senator ever heard of a clever invention called "a muzzle"? Why talk about banning good owners from having specific dogs when irresponsible owners can be penalised for not ensuring their dog is wearing a muzzle in a public place?

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 09:06 AM
link   

So a an animal that has been bred and domesticated for several hundred years to live with and among humans is the same thing as a grizzly or mountain lion?

Breed and domesticate bears for a few hundred years then ask me that question again.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Sorry, jimmy - You're wrong. People who don't know dogs - don't know dogs.

More than 20 breeds are incorrectly identified as "pit bulls". Boxers, pointers, labs, rotties, American bulldogs, mastiffs, German shepherds
and more have ALL been incorrectly identified as "pit bulls" by ignorant bite victims.

Mistaken Identity

Banning the breed is like banning guns. Then only the criminals (those who train their dogs to fight) would have them.
edit on 1/23/2013 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Ok, people we humans are and I mean are part of the animal kingdom and as such we humans are considered in the same group as animals, just because we have a "mind" it doesn't mean we don't act violent and stupid in many instances that causes death and harm to others and have created the biggest massacres and decimations of entire other species and other humans.

Dogs become what the owners made them to be, no always works like that with humans.

edit on 23-1-2013 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

you're right...but people that are that vicious and unpredictable, usually end up dead, or in prison for the rest of their life. they have ceased to be human, and have reverted back to being an animal, thus, they are treated accordingly.
edit on 23-1-2013 by jimmyx because: spell

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

And media loves to report "pit bull" bites.

To them every gun is an "assault rifle" and every dog a "pit" which makes just about every report based stat worthless.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Sorry, but banning "viscous" dogs is just ignorant.
Haven't people wanted to ban Dobermans in the past? But now they are ok?
Same with Rottweilers.

It's been said a thousand times and should be said a thousand more until people get it. It's not the dog, its the humans. Fine them or Jail them.

What is next? You gonna ban my English Mastiff or Great Danes, because they can knock a child down, just by walking by them?

One thing that does need to be regulated, much more than it is, is the breeders. To many are breeding for profit, without caring about the history of the dogs they are breeding.
Just like everything else now days, we need to have better enforcement of the laws we have, not more of them.
edit on 23-1-2013 by chiefsmom because: sp

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

you're right...but people that are that vicious and unpredictable, usually end up dead, or in prison for the rest of their life.

So, because some people have become vicious and unpredictable, we should "ban the whole breed"? This is the point. Sure there are some pit bulls that attack people and other dogs. But there are MANY breeds and mixes that do this.

All I'm asking is for people to be EDUCATED on the subject before taking a stand. You want to make an educated decision, not based on propaganda, right?

Pit Bulls in America: What you DON'T know...
If you want ALL the information, please watch this educational video.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by chiefsmom

Sorry, but banning "viscous" dogs is just ignorant.
Haven't people wanted to ban Dobermans in the past? But now they are ok?
Same with Rottweilers.

It was Dobermans in the 70's then Rottweilers in the 80's.

Whatever is the "hip" gangster dog of choice at the time.

Then the media reports on it so the sheltered white people get scared of it and the other wannabes see it as the edgy dog to have and the problem of stupid people messing with the lives of these animals perpetuates.

There have even been calls to ban or regulate other popular breeds such as Dalmatians at the time of the 101 Dalmatians movies popularity as well as various toy breeds that are carried around like accessories by these uppity rich girls.

Nothing is ever a problem until it gets too popular. Then the bells of stupidity start ringing and all hell breaks loose.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 09:40 AM
link   
"She's never bitten anyone..."

Those are the words I heard before my uncles pitbull latched on to my 9 year old face.

Kill them all. Worthless breed.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

More than 20 breeds are incorrectly identified as "pit bulls". Boxers, pointers, labs, rotties, American bulldogs, mastiffs, German shepherds
and more have ALL been incorrectly identified as "pit bulls" by ignorant bite victims.

Mistaken Identity

Banning the breed is like banning guns. Then only the criminals (those who train their dogs to fight) would have them.

let me ask you, why do you think that the pit bull is used almost exclusively in illegal dog-fights? what sets it apart from a cocker spanial, a retriever, a collie, a hound, or even a german shepard?...what "qualities" are associated with that particular breed?
edit on 23-1-2013 by jimmyx because: adds

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   

"Any incorporated municipality of this state may upon approval by its governing board, restrict the ownership of any breed of dog by citizens residing within the limits of the municipality".

Most of these governing boards are elected by the people. All this bill does is give communities the option.

I find it incredibly hard to understand why it makes more sense to take away the right for good people to have any dog of their choice.

Just because you're a good person that doesn't mean you're incapable of making a bad choice. We all do that sometimes.

It would seem more logical to me that they would implement more animal control in the area, since most attacks come from loose animals rather than loving pets.

It does seem more logical, I'll give you that, but the problem is that those loose dogs you're referring to are typically of the more violent breeds that their owners keep asserting aren't violent. With all the press that this topic has seen in the past year or so it's as if the owners go out of their way to try and prove that their pit bull breeds are non-aggressive, and it backfires when their "beloved pet" attacks and kills someone. These attacks are random and unplanned. What you're proposing is that animal control just sits in certain neighborhoods where these pit-bulls and other aggressive breeds are and wait for something that may or may not happen. Not only is that a pretty unrealistic exception, but with the way society is now, residents of the neighborhood will catch wind of what animal control would be doing and accuse them of "racially profiling" their dogs. Don't laugh. You know as well as I do that certain people aren't above that type of behavior.

www.pitbull411.com...

many pit bull enthusiasts believe the origins of the breed can be traced back to antiquity and the Molossian family of dogs. The Molossian family of dogs bears the name of the people with whom they were most often associated - the Molossi tribe, a group of people who lived in ancient Greece and favored the use of robust, muscular dogs in warfare. Officially termed canus molossi (dogs of the Molossi), these animals were reknowned for their fierceness, and for their innate ability to intimidate the enemies of the tribe.

Why can't people just admit that, by nature, these are aggressive and violent dogs? They also need to face the fact that dogs typically aren't capable of acclimating themselves to man made environments, like civilized communities, thereby making themselves more capable of fitting in to the standards of the society they live in. They're dogs for pete's sake. That's the owners job and most of them seem to be doing a piss poor job of it. By conceding to those facts you're more apt, I would hope, to keep them on a short leash. History shows us that they're used to it anyway.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by TFCJay
"She's never bitten anyone..."

Those are the words I heard before my uncles pitbull latched on to my 9 year old face.

Kill them all. Worthless breed.

Should have kicked your Uncle's arse then.
Who is ultimatly responsible for the well being of a dog? who takes care of the dog? THE OWNER. Its a friggin animal. what do you expect from an animal that has a bad owner?

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

Mistaken Identity

let me ask you, why do you think that the pit bull is used almost exclusively in illegal dog-fights? what sets it apart from a cocker spanial, a retriever, a collie, or a hound?...what "qualities" are associated with that particular breed?

That awesome lock jaw
That awesome lock jaw that protects my children if an intruder steps in my effin house.
MY DOG TAKES CARE OF IT WHILE I GRAB MY PISTOLA!

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by resoe26

That awesome lock jaw
That awesome lock jaw that protects my children if an intruder steps in my effin house.
MY DOG TAKES CARE OF IT WHILE I GRAB MY PISTOLA!

There's no such thing.

On this topic Dr. 1. Lehr Brisbin of the University of Georgia wrote:
"The few studies which have been conducted of the structure of the skulls, mandibles and teeth of pit bulls show that, in proportion to their size, their jaw structure and thus its inferred functional morphology, is no different than that of any breed of dog. There is absolutely no evidence for the existence of any kind of "locking mechanism" unique to the structure of the jaw and/or teeth of the American Pit Bull Terrier."

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   
This doesn't need to be a 'law'. Many insurance companies (American Family, Liberty Mutual as an example) will NOT provide homeowners insurance to people who have certain dog breeds living on their property. Many landlords will not rent to people who have certain dog breeds living on their property.

See, all fixed!

Liberty Mutual takes a hybrid approach. Risk factors for individual dogs are analyzed for breeds that the company classifies as potentially dangerous, namely:
•Akitas.
•Alaskan malamutes.
•Presa Canarios.
•Chow chows.
•Doberman pinschers.
•German shepherds.
•Pit bull terriers.
•Rottweilers.
•Siberian huskies.

Read more: www.netquote.com...

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>