It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oklahoma senator proposes dog breed ban

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 05:48 AM
link   
I recently read that the top three breeds for dog bites are Chihuahua, Jack Russell Terrier, and Dachshund.
I have a mini Dachshund and a Jack Russell/Chihuahua cross (we lovingly identify her as a 'Jack Chi-Terrier'). Both are a testament to their breed.....their temperaments follow the known personality traits as closely as they do the physical. Neither one is a biter, or even a snapper and I've never seen any thing close to aggressive behavior, although they will both stalk wildlife all day, given the chance. I expect this; both are hunting breeds.
How a dog behaves is up to the owner. There are some dogs known to be more aggressive (Presa Canarios and Caucasian Shepherds come to mind) but even these dogs, with proper training can and are also known to be great companion dogs.
Give an idiot a dog, and they can ruin any dog. Be a good dog "parent" and you will have a great dog, no matter the breed.
We don't need breed specific laws, we need better enforcement of laws like the leash law that are in place now.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 05:49 AM
link   
At the moment I have 18 dogs - just had 9 pit-mix puppies - anybody need a puppy in about 6 weeks?
And before anyone asks, I have indoor cages and outdoor kennels for EACH of my adult dogs, multiple acres and a seven foot fence (my big dogs can jump the old 4 footer). My dogs are all very sweet to the family, but if you value your skin DO NOT ignore the signs and enter my locked & gated yard.
Obviously, I don't believe in banning any type of dog breed any more than I would believe in banning any human breed, although in the case of politicians....

ganjoa

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Breed bans? Seriously? What is this, the dark ages?

A politician proposing a ban is a clear admission that politician knows nothing and fears everything.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn
reply to post by Violetshy

i can tell you from experience that chihuahuas are more aggressive than Pits, Rotts, or Shepherds.

I agree, this is a photo of me from last night when I went on call to fix someones laptop, moments after this photo was taken the chihuahua savagely dribbled down the back of my neck then proceeded to lick my ear to death...

On a serious note, I agree with banning naturally aggressive dogs. You hear stories of some of the most lovable dogs who one day just snap, and dogs like pit bulls, which are strong dogs, can do a lot of damage.

It's true that the way they are treated by their owner affects their attitudes, but in some cases just their natural mindset can take over.
edit on 23/1/13 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by ~widowmaker~
im with monatana, no need to outlaw anything, just make the penalties stiffer, 5-10 years for death by animal. dont wanna risk it, dont get a pitbull or what ever animal is the danger of the times.

ive seen plenty of entertainers stick heads in mouth of dangerous animals and had no problems, ive also seen the same acts in videos and other countries where it didnt go so well ^9

never trust an animal, specially the kind that can talk.

i don't give a rat's ass if you get 5 to 10, if your pit bull killed my little girl. it's an unpredictable animal, as thousands of cases have proven....the owner ALWAYS, ALWAYS says "he never hurt anyone before". outlaw the breed, period. it's bad enough people have to worry about the two-legged animals running around

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere

A politician proposing a ban is a clear admission that politician knows nothing and fears everything.

not the dark ages, present reality. the strength, viciousness, coupled with the unpredictability of pit bulls, is known by a lot of permanently disfigured, if not dead, innocent people, including young kids...i hope they ban the breed in all 50 states. you want a guard dog? there are plenty of other breeds
edit on 23-1-2013 by jimmyx because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx

not the dark ages, present reality. the strength, viciousness, coupled with the unpredictability of pit bulls, is known by a lot of permanently disfigured innocent people, including young kids...i hope they ban the breed in all 50 states. you want a guard dog? there are plenty of other breeds

Nice. Use prejudice and bigotry to support your irrational fear.

Did you read the article? Look up the town? It's a whopping 123 people strong and every one of them is # poor and stone stupid and they just let their dogs, all breeds, roam hungry, unlicensed, un-neutered and untrained.

You want to ban terriers? Okay. Then what do you do when all the trailer trash and ghetto trash start breeding them nonstop so they can have the new "killer dog" that's against the law?

Attack the problem not the symptom.

ASPCA Breed Bans
Humane Society Breed Bans

Let's just send the authorities door to door to round up family pets and euthanize them because some high school dropout idiot in some hick town of dirt farmers was irresponsible.

That makes sense.

you want a guard dog? there are plenty of other breeds

And watch each breed be banned one at a time.
edit on 23-1-2013 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 08:03 AM
link   

not the dark ages, present reality. the strength, viciousness, coupled with the unpredictability of pit bulls, is known by a lot of permanently disfigured innocent people, including young kids...i hope they ban the breed in all 50 states. you want a guard dog? there are plenty of other breeds

Nice. Use prejudice and bigotry to support your irrational fear.

Did you read the article? Look up the town? It's a whopping 123 people strong and every one of them is # poor and stone stupid and they just let their dogs, all breeds, roam hungry, unlicensed, un-neutered and untrained.

You want to ban terriers? Okay. Then what do you do when all the trailer trash and ghetto trash start breeding them nonstop so they can have the new "killer dog" that's against the law?

Attack the problem not the symptom.

ASPCA Breed Bans
Humane Society Breed Bans

Let's just send the authorities door to door to round up family pets and euthanize them because some high school dropout idiot in some hick town of dirt farmers was irresponsible.

That makes sense.

you want a guard dog? there are plenty of other breeds

And watch each breed be banned one at a time.

yup, makes perfect sense to me...i can't wait for it to start. i had a black lab, nowhere near the vicious unpredictablility of a pit bull.
this took me 30 seconds to find, i guess you don't need to look up any facts
www.dogsbite.org...

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 08:04 AM
link   
never seen a mean pitbull. NEVER. All the homies have one... Nice dogs always.
But I tend to prefer Dobermans and Rotts.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 08:13 AM
link   

yup, makes perfect sense to me...i can't wait for it to start. i had a black lab, nowhere near the vicious unpredictablility of a pit bull.
this took me 30 seconds to find, i guess you don't need to look up any facts
www.dogsbite.org...

Numbers dont mean anything. Even by the CDC's own admission these numbers arent gospel.

And pray-tell what exactly is a "pit bull" anyway?

Problems with Dogsbite.org data

Reporting inacuracies

Which one is the "pit bull?"

This is the same irrational emotion based argument from the gun banners. Throw up a bunch of numbers without context, trot out a few sad stories and stoke the hate of a thing.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 08:16 AM
link   
self deleted.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 08:23 AM
link   

if someone comes walking by my place, and their pit bull comes onto my property, i'll kill that dog, no hesitation. and no remorse.

Fine. that's your right. But what does that have to do with breed bans?

Putting your hostility on display doesn't exactly help you come off as a rational thinking man who has honestly considered the legislation in question.

More like a David Duke supporting hardline immigration laws because he wants to "shoots a spic."

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 08:33 AM
link   

if someone comes walking by my place, and their pit bull comes onto my property, i'll kill that dog, no hesitation. and no remorse.

Fine. that's your right. But what does that have to do with breed bans?

Putting your hostility on display doesn't exactly help you come off as a rational thinking man who has honestly considered the legislation in question.

More like a David Duke supporting hardline immigration laws because he wants to "shoots a spic."

wrong... a dog is an animal,not remotely like a "spic"...and a rational critcially-thinking man evaluates risk, and if a pit bull is coming toward me, i will always assume the worse, based on the unpredictability and the vicousness of an encounter with the breed

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 08:36 AM
link   

wrong... a dog is an animal,not remotely like a "spic"...and a rational critcially-thinking man evaluates risk, and if a pit bull is coming toward me, i will always assume the worse, based on the unpredictability and the vicousness of an encounter with the breed

Like this?

Blacks genetically more violent

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Violetshy

Maybe the Oklahoma Senator breed of humanity should also be banned for producing moronic stupidity.

Interesting that no body seems to take any step banning human breeders when we in this time and age can pretty much point out who will produce humans that will become a danger to themselves and those around them, this is prove to be a danger also to humanity, earth and the world.

Humans are the most dangerous, violence and stupid breed in the planet, they "do have a mind of their own"

Yes I have been sarcastic.

It seems that Oklahoma senators have nothing better to do this days.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Like this?

no...why do you think blacks humans or brown humans have any connection to dog animals? twice now you've brought the comparison up in your posts

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Like this?

Using a racist blog does nothing to help your case.

Mandatory jail time coupled with heavy compensation, to the victim, from the owner of any violent dog sounds good to me.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 08:47 AM
link   

no...why you think blacks humans or brown humans have any connection to dog animals?

Because it's the same ignorance and the same method just a different target.

You cant say that following a ridiculous path to hating a human being is wrong while following that same ridiculous path to hating an animal is right.

To support one is to support the other.

Bad data, pseudo science and bigotry. It doesnt matter what the target is. That path is wrong.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by intelligenthoodlum33

Using a racist blog does nothing to help your case.

No different than using DogsBite.org.

Same method of cherry picking data, bad data to begin with, and applying it erroneously to prove a point.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 08:54 AM
link   
What's next banning wiener dogs (Dachshunds) because they like to nip at ankles?

This is just insanity at it's best..

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join