It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

a NWO: would you give up your personal liberties to stop war & famine?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 11:43 PM
link   
a post on another thread got me thinking....would you give up EVERYTHING for peace to exist? Of course there are more realistic approaches and results but, for the sake of argument.....would you? I can see how so many people have this "positivity-or-die" attitude that is more fascist than real. I wonder if people could give up their bumperstickers for peace, or their dreadlocks....

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 11:47 PM
link   
NO!

we can have liberty whilst stopping war and famine. the ppl's liberty does not have any connection with this. it is politicians and their policies. being in bed with corporate greed to pad their own pockets with little or no regard for the working class.. in fact.. an absolute disregard!

the politicians should give up some of their liberties.. ie.. the level of power of control they assume over the masses.
edit on 22-1-2013 by 0mage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 11:52 PM
link   
No way.. Call me a barbarian but I'd rather shed some elite blood then bend over and learn about being pile driven.. again and again.
edit on 22-1-2013 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by IandEye

No.

Because there is no such thing. It is a delusion. Humans are cruel and greedy. Not all of us, but it only takes one bad apple to spoil the rest. Plus, if we were to eliminate hunger, that just means more fit people to have even more children in this already over populated world ...which means more food shortages down the line or more cancerous GMO crops. No one ever thinks ahead.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by fictitious
reply to post by IandEye

No.

Because there is no such thing. It is a delusion. Humans are cruel and greedy. Not all of us, but it only takes one bad apple to spoil the rest. Plus, if we were to eliminate hunger, that just means more fit people to have even more children in this already over populated world ...which means more food shortages down the line or more cancerous GMO crops. No one ever thinks ahead.

The world isn't overpopulated.. Greed just makes it seem that way.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarknStormy

reply to post by IandEye

No.

The world isn't overpopulated.. Greed just makes it seem that way.

I guess you failed to see the smog in Beijing recently. Sure, if all the land was habitable, we didn't have industrial plants, cars, plastics, etc, then you're correct. We live in wasteful times though. One person doesn't survive on simple necessities anymore. We leave a nasty path behind us. If you ask me, technology is the destroyer of mankind, this world, and can be seen as our inevitable demise...and add money to my list.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Ultimately it will come down to that. As far as I'm concerned, our species is devolving. In order for us to move forward as a species, it will become necessary to embrace humans as humans, instead of brown, yellow, or white. Giving up personal liberties isn't necessary, what is necessary is the removal of greed, money, and power, two of those are creations of our society and 1 is inherit in us. The bigger issues start coming up when you start talking about preventing future greedy people, then you're into GMO babies, etc..

Basically, don't concern yourself with world peace. It won't happen in your lifetime. You can help lay stepping stones if you want, but there's a good chance it'll be all for nothing. I fully expect the human race to be near extinct 100 years from now, maybe less. Our technology has "evolved" quicker than we are, and a big red button that says NUKE in the hands of ANY man is a bad thing, because ALL men are susceptible to greed/power.

It will take one hell of an awakening for any semblance of world peace, and that awakening will shake humanity to the core, possibly to a point of no return.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by IandEye

nope, i would kill those causing famine and destruction.

still will if given the chance.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by DarknStormy

ive said it time and time again. if we were to go straight to the root of the problem.. destroying capitalism and enstating a form of volantryism mixed with egalitarianism the human race could progress much faster and without war. famine will also be removed. get rid of money!

how you say?

1. ppl wont have to worry about paying bills. in effect the masses would go to work for free. but will also be privy to all the options for food, technology,medical services and transport for free as well. want an iphone.. just walk in the store and sign up and walk out with it free. the factory too short staffed to meet demand? go and volunteer in the factory and help make 10 or 100 iphones for a day and walk out with one.. even if all u did was sweep the floor and take out the garbage. you contributed to society. teachers will teach for the passion of teaching and students will learn for the passion of learning on topics that were their childhood dreams. no more working a job you hate.. no more unable to afford staff and thus overworking and exploiting short staff.

2. equality and the ability to achieve one's dreams would eliminate negative factors of our society such as stress and crime.. as no longer will poor ppl feel oppressed with some giving in to temptation to comit murder for a few extra bucks.. there wont be any bucks to begin with. politicians would have nothing to gain in advantage of the population thru corruption and can therefore have no goals that would otherwise portray them as advantageous and greedy.

3. increased availability of trade and export items from foreign countries as customs duties and shipping costs will be negated. seafarers would be able to deliver purely on the passion of navigating the open seas to deliver goods to ppl around the world.. 3rd world countries would be a thing of the past as all countries would have access to all technologies and medical treatment and equipment at an affordable price.. $0.

4. the quality standard of goods and services would be significantly increased as the expanse of cheap inferior built goods vs expensive high quality would be immediately raised to a standard of delivery.. such as bank ATM machines.. ever notice that a bank atm machine NEVER makes a mistake and gives u $1000 when you try to take out $100. it's because of build quality and how much money they spent to make sure it was perfect in that regard. we can do the same with all the products produced for consumption including food.. ensuring that the best quality is readily available to everyone.

5. without money as a driving factor, forcing ppl to wake up at 5 every day to work a job that makes someone else rich would also be a thing of the past. all businesses could be opened 24/7 as there is no need for crime and worry of someone robbing workers on their way home late at night etc. the world would be safer. the streets would be safer as the element of envy would be removed. im not condoning envy.. but it is understandable why poor ppl and minorityies would envy others who seem to have it easy. especially in a materialistic driven mindset.

6. The Human race as a whole can move forward as ppl would no longer be so stressed and distracted with making ends meet that they would have time to help others. they could travel to any country in the world and enjoy the same access and benefits as anywhere else. we could help build africa and remove famine completely. this planet can feed all of us very comfortably! 7 billion or 20!

the cons
equality! no longer will ppl have extremely large mansions while others live in cubicles. a standard would be set for house and room sizes and land distribution based on family sizes etc and everyone would have an equal standrard of living.. from janitor to president!

u think they will like that? not feeling superior to anyone else!?
edit on 23-1-2013 by 0mage because: Mike Asked Remy if Jane Used A Night Almanac

edit on 23-1-2013 by 0mage because: (no reason given)

I think this capitalist system is what brings out the worst in us as a human race!

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by fictitious

If you ask me, technology is the destroyer of mankind, this world, and can be seen as our inevitable demise...and add money to my list.
If comparing all that is Natural vs all that is Manufactured, the Natural by far outweighs the Manufactured.

We leave a nasty path behind us.
...which eventually will be completely reclaimed by Nature, just as it was in the past.

We are just 1 part of a cycle. That is all.

Originally posted by IandEye

.....I wonder if people could give up their bumperstickers for peace, or their dreadlocks....
For the sake of argument→ Huh? In what way could that↑ possibly seem even remotely feasible?

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 12:30 AM
link   

would you give up EVERYTHING for peace to exist? Of course there are more realistic approaches and results but, for the sake of argument.....would you?

Read "Brave New World" and then ask yourself, would you?

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 01:28 AM
link   

I guess you failed to see the smog in Beijing recently. Sure, if all the land was habitable, we didn't have industrial plants, cars, plastics, etc, then you're correct. We live in wasteful times though. One person doesn't survive on simple necessities anymore. We leave a nasty path behind us. If you ask me, technology is the destroyer of mankind, this world, and can be seen as our inevitable demise...and add money to my list.

Whats that got to do with the world being over populated? We could have 20 Billion on this planet and get by if we done things smarter. That smog can be removed with a bit of common sense, our economies don't allow it, not the people.
edit on 23-1-2013 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by 0mage

If we keep heading the way we are, we will end up back in tribal communities growing our own food and living like cavemen. This cannot last forever and the very people preaching this do nothing to solve the problem. There solution is chipping a bit more money out of your wages and expecting this issue to magically disappear.. I'm talking about Global warming.
edit on 23-1-2013 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 02:42 AM
link   

and by conspiring to kill millions and billions if deemed necessary to maintain this heavily flawed system of society in which they are at the top with every intention to stay there.

why is it that politicians can make laws that get the whole country in trouble and then send YOUR kids to go and kill other ppl's kids in foreign countries even when they are in the wrong.

when politicians declare war on another country they should go and fight for what they believe in themselves. in fact they should be mandated to do so to prove how much they are willing to fight for what they believe in. if they not willing to die for their cause but they willing to send u to die.. i think that speaks for itself. revoke their policies that created boiling water, and replace them with some form of apology to the country or countries they have wrongfully and unjustly inflicted suffering upon.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 03:01 AM
link   

a post on another thread got me thinking....would you give up EVERYTHING for peace to exist? Of course there are more realistic approaches and results but, for the sake of argument.....would you? I can see how so many people have this "positivity-or-die" attitude that is more fascist than real. I wonder if people could give up their bumperstickers for peace, or their dreadlocks....

NO WAY even if hell freezes over.

in all reality for what you are prepossessing to come about would be for ONE POWER to control everything world wide. the REST of us would be droneish slaves to that power. there could be NO INDIVIDUALITY allowed, NO FREE THOUGHT. we would essentially become like ants working away our whole lives as mindless drones with no breaks. any show of individuality or free thought would have to be dealt with harshly and immediately otherwise there would be revolt and rebellion and thus no PEACE. in all honesty i doubt this could even be achieved without lobotomizing every human that is not a part of the "controlling authority". and even those within the controlling authority would have to be strictly controlled and watched for signs of free thinking, otherwise you end up with a power struggle, again no peace.

in all honesty i don't think something like that would ever work as even those in control would be prone to "greed" or lust for power. and what would even be the point in this? without creativity, free thought, individuality as well as all else that would have to be stripped to achieve this there would be NO POINT in living at all.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by 0mage

and by conspiring to kill millions and billions if deemed necessary to maintain this heavily flawed system of society in which they are at the top with every intention to stay there.

yep, they can kiss my white whale..

why is it that politicians can make laws that get the whole country in trouble and then send YOUR kids to go and kill other ppl's kids in foreign countries even when they are in the wrong.

Because they believe they have the right too.

When politicians declare war on another country they should go and fight for what they believe in themselves. in fact they should be mandated to do so to prove how much they are willing to fight for what they believe in. if they not willing to die for their cause but they willing to send u to die.. i think that speaks for itself. revoke their policies that created boiling water, and replace them with some form of apology to the country or countries they have wrongfully and unjustly inflicted suffering upon.

I'd like to do it another way. Topple their existing power, get in contact with a few common Muslims and happily ship them over to the countries that they have destroyed. I tell you now, they will be getting more than a shoe thrown at them. Every western leader should be facing war crimes right now.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarknStormy
[ Every western leader should be facing war crimes right now.

there is a saying that goes.. 'what hasnt met u hasnt passed you'

it has to do with karma.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 04:57 AM
link   
reply to post by IandEye

Correctly phrased, the question would become "Would you give up your personal liberties for a promise of < insert whatever your want>?"

Unless the one making the promise is Almighty God, the answer should be obvious.

top topics

join