It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why don't flying saucers create this conical wave & sonic boom?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImpactoR
reply to post by Murgatroid

Oh loose that aliens are demons-propaganda bullcrap, will ya? It has nothing to do with the topic, thus reportable... Also unknown aircraft are real...

If that were the case, why is YOUR post the one with no stars?

BTW, this stuff works WONDERS for butthurtitus...

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 10:24 PM
link   
UFO's have force field surrounding the craft. All molecules slide around the craft allowing travel through air or water Also deflects objects away from the craft.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Murgatroid
If that were the case, why is YOUR post the one with no stars?

Because I am not a star beggar (let me not use another word).. like you? I don't care about it. Keep the religious nonsense out of here, thanks!

Originally posted by Tachyeon
UFO's have force field surrounding the craft. All molecules slide around the craft allowing travel through air or water Also deflects objects away from the craft.

For example, I am not sure what produces the sonic booms but maybe such crafts travel so fast the boom cant even happen

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 07:11 AM
link   

For example, I am not sure what produces the sonic booms but maybe such crafts travel so fast the boom cant even happen

So if you don't know what causes it how do you know something can avoid causing it,

When an object passes through the air it creates a series of pressure waves in front of it and behind it, similar to the bow and stern waves created by a boat. These waves travel at the speed of sound, and as the speed of the object increases, the waves are forced together, or compressed, because they cannot get out of the way of each other, eventually merging into a single shock wave at the speed of sound.

On an earlier post I said the crack of a whip is the tip of the whip breaking the sound barrier! or as someone else posted a bullet traveling faster than sound will create a mini sonic boom.

Does this give you a better idea.
edit on 29-1-2013 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   

You are correct about the second part of your statement.

Let me add:

Text : Source ---Wiki --- Sonic booms ---"The power, or volume, of the shock wave is dependant on the quantity of air that is being accelerated, and thus the size and shape of the aircraft, as the aircraft increases speed the shock cone gets tighter around the craft and becomes weaker to the point at very high speeds and altitudes no boom is heard."

Let me say...that other-worlder starships have been witnessed flying at hypersonic [Mach 10-25, approx. 6,500 ---16,500 mph] speeds at low altitude's in our planet's atmosphere --- so I think they have another method in avoiding sonic booms.

edit on 29-1-2013 by Erno86 because: typo

edit on 29-1-2013 by Erno86 because: spelling

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Erno86

Let me say...that other-worlder starships have been witnessed flying at hypersonic [Mach 10-25, approx. 6,500 ---16,500 mph] speeds at a low altitude in our planet's atmosphere --- so I think they have another method in avoiding sonic booms.

When was this?

One would think it would have made the evening news at some point.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by draknoir2

Let me say...that other-worlder starships have been witnessed flying at hypersonic [Mach 10-25, approx. 6,500 ---16,500 mph] speeds at a low altitude in our planet's atmosphere --- so I think they have another method in avoiding sonic booms.

When was this?

My own guesstimation of my witnessed other-worlder starship sighting --- Mach 23, approx. 15,000 mph, approx. 5,000 - 10,000 in altitude--- one night in November, 1976; approx. 40 miles west of Washington D.C.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 04:22 AM
link   

My own guesstimation of my witnessed other-worlder starship sighting --- Mach 23, approx. 15,000 mph, approx. 5,000 - 10,000 in altitude--- one night in November, 1976; approx. 40 miles west of Washington D.C.

So how did you work that out for an object at night

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 06:59 AM
link   

When was this?

Pretty precise "guesstimation". Are you sure it wasn't mach 21 @ 12,000 ft? And great memory too... 1976. So how old were you then? Old enough to guesstimate machs and altitude at night precisely with the naked eye alone, no doubt.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 07:58 AM
link   

When was this?

Pretty precise "guesstimation". Are you sure it wasn't mach 21 @ 12,000 ft? And great memory too... 1976. So how old were you then? Old enough to guesstimate machs and altitude at night precisely with the naked eye alone, no doubt.

Whats even funnier Mach 23 is nearer 17,000 mph at 10,000ft lets stick with 15,000 mph or 4.167 miles per second or 22,000 feet per second so he claims to have watched an object traveling at 22,000 feet/s at a height of between 5,000 and 10,000 feet.

So its traveling a horizontal distance of between 2.2 - 4.1 times it's height in a second at night you really have to admire the skills some of our members have or had

edit on 30-1-2013 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join