It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why don't flying saucers create this conical wave & sonic boom?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by FormerSkeptic

There are lots of physics laws we don't know...Humankind is always figuring out science, based on previous and fundamentals laws (that can change also in time or adapted) for example from the gravitational law of classic physics F= g.M1.M2/r^2 it was possible to establish /determine other laws, speed of light for example...

Now look at this example in a fluid (air or liquid) set:

From left to right, the sphere is at 25 degrees C (left), 110 degrees C (middle), and 180 degrees C, demonstrating how the Leidenfrost effect—which vaporizes the water in immediate contact with the sphere—can substantially reduce the drag on a submerged object.
source

As you can see above, the temperature influences on the resistance of the fluid (liquid). If we can adopt similar ways of thinking / laws, maybe one day we can figure out how is it possible...

Here another example to think about :

edit: Now combine these two effects on drag and gravitational forces, to the known technology and maybe we can achieve some beautiful stuff.

edit on 23-1-2013 by voyger2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 09:09 AM
link   
An entire skin made of electro reactive materials that can transmit microwaves and ultrasound beams of extreme high intensity. Aim your emitter at a given point, create a resistance free flight corridor, and let the collapsing air behind you help accelerate.

One think that puzzled me for a long time is why so many UFO reports have the craft tip on its side before zooming off, then it struck me. What if this is so they can aim their propulsion unit in tandem? And what if they haven't got anti gravity, but creating a super dense field to stay in flight? A massless or nearly massless airframe would fall weirdly, much like a falling .leaf, side to side whilst gently going downwards to the ground.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 09:20 AM
link   

When the reactor is online a warp field is created around the spacecraft which pushes
the spacecraft into the 4th Dimension. There are no sonic booms in the 4th Dimension.
As an added bonus the spacecraft travels in nonlinear time.
That's how they fly circles around our Boeing airliners.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by xpoq47

"there's nothing new to be learned in physics"
You did not really just say that did you?
Your off my Friends list.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Astr0
An entire skin made of electro reactive materials that can transmit microwaves and ultrasound beams of extreme high intensity. Aim your emitter at a given point, create a resistance free flight corridor, and let the collapsing air behind you help accelerate.

One think that puzzled me for a long time is why so many UFO reports have the craft tip on its side before zooming off, then it struck me. What if this is so they can aim their propulsion unit in tandem? And what if they haven't got anti gravity, but creating a super dense field to stay in flight? A massless or nearly massless airframe would fall weirdly, much like a falling .leaf, side to side whilst gently going downwards to the ground.

Interesting concept. The omni-directional potential of a saucer shape lends easily to projected flight corridors.

But also remember that they still need some type of anti-gravity for the occupants. Otherwise the G-forces would kill them. I think it's a consistent estimation that life on any planet evolves in a narrow range of required gravity. Maybe higher or lower than Earth. It's just not plausible for EBEs to be capable of sustaining 1000 x gravity or more then back down again to 1G.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Current U.S. scientific research on sonic sound wave absorption by aircraft --- is the use of a plasma field --- surrounding the aircraft. My opinion...is that the plasma field needs to be contained by a magnetic field, surrounding the starship; within a certain radius. The computer controlled magnetic field, should be designed to be porous enough to allow the sound waves to be absorbed inside the field that allows the heated plasma to dissipate and smother the sound waves. During the daytime...the heated plasma cannot be seen by the naked eye, unless they increase the power level of the plasma; which is probably used during night OPS and landings --- but could posssibly leave some kind of infrared heat signature; even during the daytime.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by draknoir2
There were. Convair's Pye Wacket feasability study.

Thanks for that.

If that was a feasibility study, is there any data from tests available?

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by voyger2

There are lots of physics laws we don't know...

Quite amazing that it may very well be just slightly beyond our reach today. It's like there's just one small missing element or energy to make it all come together.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by spiritualarchitect

Read it in context and smell the sarcasm.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 12:43 AM
link   

It's simple, the gravitational propulsion engine actually moves the entire universe around the ship instead of the other way around

edit on 24-1-2013 by jessejamesxx because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Erno86
Current U.S. scientific research on sonic sound wave absorption by aircraft --- is the use of a plasma field --- surrounding the aircraft. My opinion...is that the plasma field needs to be contained by a magnetic field, surrounding the starship; within a certain radius. The computer controlled magnetic field, should be designed to be porous enough to allow the sound waves to be absorbed inside the field that allows the heated plasma to dissipate and smother the sound waves. During the daytime...the heated plasma cannot be seen by the naked eye, unless they increase the power level of the plasma; which is probably used during night OPS and landings --- but could posssibly leave some kind of infrared heat signature; even during the daytime.

An energy buffer of some kind can certainly relieve air pressure such that it's really not displacing volume. It would be like energy traveling through a medium instead of mass traveling through it. This would be how N-waves are not even a factor. No waves, no sound, no disturbance, no sonic boom.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 09:03 AM
link   
They would not create a sonic boom because they are not actually 'flying' by creating aerodynamic lift in the first place.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by ManInAsia

The sonic boom is a result of the movement of any object through air, regardless of creating lift or not, that's why a supersonic bullet can make a mini sonic boom.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 04:44 AM
link   

There technology is not good enough so they can't fly that fast that's why they also need lights at night to see were they are going and to make sure they are conforming with FAA regs, and of course so they then end up on youtube videos and can then get posted on ATS for stars & flags

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 04:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
reply to post by ManInAsia

The sonic boom is a result of the movement of any object through air, regardless of creating lift or not, that's why a supersonic bullet can make a mini sonic boom.

Or even the tip of a whip that's what the crack is!

As early as 1905, physicists understood that a whip crack is a sonic boom produced when some part of the whip reached a supersonic speed. High-speed shadow photography experiments in 1927 clearly showed the sonic boom being created. More recently, accelerations of the tip were recorded at 50,000g

50,000g eat that ufo's

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by FormerSkeptic
Not talking about the spherical lights type of UFO. Nor the giant triangles. Instead, the flying saucers. Many reports say they fly off at incredibly speeds, sometimes in relation to fast-flying jets as witnessed by experienced military pilots from inside the cockpit.

I'm thinking:
Since they have have anti-gravity technology to propel the craft, they would have similar anti-gravity to buffer the occupants from extreme G-forces. But that doesn't explain how the craft counteracts air resistance.

The swept wing configuration of jet planes allows them to fly past the sound barrier. A disc configuration would not. So they must have some other technology that displaces viscous fluids? Would some kind of energy field do away with sonic booms? Maybe that's why contact witnesses say the metallic disc feel hot to the touch? Other hypothesis?

edit on 23-1-2013 by FormerSkeptic because: (no reason given)

Now that is a good question...I have wondered about this myself many times.
I can only assuming that they propel their craft by warping time and space around them, as there is no evidence that they use jet or rocket engines for propulsion as we do.
In theory, if you warp space you can bring your position in that space much closer to your desired destination point in space, thus greatly reducing the distance you need to travel.
There is a physical relationship between velocity, time and distance but perhaps they have discovered that by warping space the physical distance between the two points in space doesn't actually change, and cannot because they are fixed absolutes, but that the apparent speed you travel does.
This would explain the great speeds they can obtain and how quickly they seem to accelerate from one point to the next.
The air-spike is a device fitted onto the nose of an aircraft or missile that produces plasma. This ionises the gas in front of the aircraft or missile to greatly reduce the drag.
It is often said that during night sightings most UFO's are surrounded by a highly ionised glowing cloud of gas of various colours (such glowing clounds of ionised gas are rarely seen in daytime sightings)...This could be evidence they are using air-spike like technology to deflect/direct the air in the atmosphere around their craft with the help of a moving magnetic field.
This could mean they might be virtually uneffected by aerodynamic drag.
It is known that such a system can not only reduce drag but when combined with a moving magnetic field it can also produce a sizeable amount of propulsive force too (as much as 40% more thrust has been reported).
This could be a big clue as to how the alien craft propell themselves when in our atmosphere. It would not work outside our atmosphere because their are virtually no gas monocules in space which can be isonised (although there is already a lot of plasma already there, from the Solar wind and in the Van Allen Belts etc).
With all these possibilites put together they could theortically travel at hypersonic speeds whilst not actually interacting with the atmsophere at all, hence why they don't produce sonic booms.
edit on 26-1-2013 by ProfessorAlfB because: a

edit on 26-1-2013 by ProfessorAlfB because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP

Originally posted by draknoir2
There were. Convair's Pye Wacket feasability study.

Thanks for that.

If that was a feasibility study, is there any data from tests available?

That's all I found. It was dropped [presummably because it's not feasable?]. There was another wind tunnel test that was done recently for one of those UFO shows... maybe on NatGeo, that showed the shock wave produced by a traditional saucer shape vs. a supersonic jet fuselage - couldn't find it, though.

And regarding the OP's question - who said they don't? This is based on the assumption that there are saucer shaped vehicles traveling atmospherically confirmed [sorry, eyewitness guesstimates of speed don't count] to be traveling at super-sonic speeds silently. I can think of a number of cases where pumpkin seed-shaped UFO's have been reported because of their sonic and double sonic booms, in addition to their "donuts on a rope" contrails. Speculation in this case was that of a government external combustion test vehicle.

Edit: I did find this:

www.dtic.mil...

Looks like a test vehicle was never flown, or at least not officially.
edit on 26-1-2013 by draknoir2 because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-1-2013 by draknoir2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Let me see... Ummmmm...Ahhhhhh.... Oh, because there are NO flying saucers?
reply to post by pacifier2012

Welcome from 1500 AD.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by pacifier2012
Let me see... Ummmmm...Ahhhhhh.... Oh, because there are NO flying saucers?

Oh yes there are...Seeing is believing, and I have seen one!

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 08:51 PM
link   
The book "Unconventional Flying Objects" by Paul R. Hill has some descriptions of possible UFO technology. I'm not a scientist, but here is my own summary. Anyone curious should read the book. It's one of my favorites.

Hill guessed that the UFOs create a force field by emitting force carrying particles. There is no air resistance or sonic boom because the UFO gently sweeps the air away at a distance such that the air pressure doesn't increase. Similarly the occupants of the UFOs can accelerate radically without experiencing any crushing pressures in their bodies. Every particle simultaneously and uniformly accelerates in response to the force field - just like a body in free fall.

Here is a link to the wiki about the author.
Paul R. Hill
edit on 26-1-2013 by cloudyday because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join