It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

having a gun does not always make you safer

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 10:26 PM
link   
no point or adjenda - just pointing out the falacy of blanket generalisations :

the synopsis - a person with a gun attempts to shoot a conference delegate , only to be diarmed by his un-armed intended victim , the gunman is then beaten by an unarmed mob

i guess having a gun didnt work out for that chap , did it ?

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Police now say Enimehmedov was holding a gas pistol that was loaded with pepper spray, with two other "bullets" being simply noisemakers. He pointed the gun at Dogan's head during a party congress in the capital, Sofia, but failed to shoot. He was tackled to the ground and beaten by guards and party members as TV cameras continued to roll.

Enimehmedov, an ethnic Turk, reportedly left a note at his home addressed to his mother, saying he had no intention of killing the party leader but simply wanted to show him he was not "untouchable".

Link

You mean that gun that's not really a gun and the would be assassin who wasn't really an assassin?

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

Said the OP who doesn't own a gun.....

I feel very safe with my gun.....

Des

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Well, since you put it that way, I'll just go sell my gun to the government now

There's a difference between having a gun and using it intelligently and responsibly.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Political statements, no matter how severe for either party, are just that.

If that fellow wanted that speaker dead, there would have been much better ways and means than running up there to get his picture taken for whatever he was doing, pepper spray or homicide.

Stunt that will cost him dearly no doubt, and probably not the end result he wanted, but in no way a shout at gun owners on any level, at least not in this context.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 10:50 PM
link   
I know there is a joke there, about the screen name of the OP, and the incorrect assumption about the man in the video, but I will refrain from attempting to isolate it...

Having a gun, is like having medical insurance...You hope that you NEVER have to use it, but you definitely don't want to be without it, in case you do...!

Like those with insurance, it doesn't make you go out and do things that you wouldn't do, without it. You don't own a weapon to feel "safer". You own one, to increase your odds of staying safe!

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Maybe the lesson here is to always have a backup gun. Or perhaps something for more long range shooting; that way when you have a failure to fire, you don't look like a loser and then get tackled.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wolf321
Maybe the lesson here is to always have a backup gun. Or perhaps something for more long range shooting; that way when you have a failure to fire, you don't look like a loser and then get tackled.

No, the lesson is to not get stuck in arguments that lack validity for the sake of starting arguments. To the OP, talk about fallacy...
edit on 22-1-2013 by FrostForests because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 10:57 PM
link   

no point or adjenda

Misspelling a word doesn't get you off the hook...

Adjenda noted.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 11:19 PM
link   
These guys may disagree with the OP as well:

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone

Said the OP who doesn't own a gun.....

I feel very safe with my gun.....

Des

Pretty sad really.

I guess you guys are really born missing an appendage. If it were possible to genetically grow a gun in the womb, it'd be all the rage.

Pop the kid out, look at the size of that glock!!

Safety comes from the barrel of a gun.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

i don't understand what your argument is...? perhaps the desire to be free of government oppression and have a way to protect yourself and your family is somehow a genetic disease? cuz i was definitely born with that appendage intact.

edit on 23-1-2013 by Bob Sholtz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   
oh dear - i read all the background of the case - and worded my OP very carefully

please try re-rearing it and understanding it

and FFS stop making assumptions and knee-jerk reactions

top topics

join