It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it me???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Ok, so this person keeps shoving food down my sink, and I asked them to put it in the compost instead....

After a few dramatic exists and doors shutting in my face, this conversation ensued...... is it me, or is this person a little :S

the...

Me
just show some respect, it's not the end of the world to put it in the compost...

Boy
NEVER IN MY LIFE HAVE i cloged a sink... Im a man I know about this stuff anturally... you putting your hair in the sink is something to worry about... not rice.... I know this for a fact. the rice was stcuk in the cup anyways because it was wet. so there was no other way to get it out.... you need to worry about things that are important and not querstion everything I do

Boy
and the potatoes also has water dumped in it,... that just the easier way

Me
it's not like an apartment wehre you can call a landlord to fix things, I have to pay to fix it, your dishwasher and sinks were broken when I met you remeber? Really, it wont kill you to respect that
Potatoes turn hard like concrete when they dry.

Boy
I know how to fix it even if it did get clogged I know how plumbing worked
if it gets jammed it get jammed under the sink... if that happens then I will fix it... but until then stop worrying

Me
Just dont do it, it wont kill you

Boy
whatever
and the dishwasher and sinks were scott not me... Im tired of taking credit for his dump
your just as messy as me

Me
its not the end of the world, seriously, just put it in the compost, holy poop...

Boy
I moved in there like a month or two before I met you
no
you dont understand
the riuce was wet and stuck in the cup

Mer
Will it kill you??? Really????
Just put it in the compost, I have done it my whole life, it isn't a back breaking task

Boy
would it kill you to let it go and trust me for once and stop treating me like a bleepking child
this is bleepking insulting

Me
well your kind of acting like a child over this, I have never seen someone get emotional over being asked not to put food down a sink

Boy
you started it

Me
no, I simply asked you yesterday to put the potatoes down the toilet not the sink, and you basically said "screw you" in your head and did it anyways, and same with the rice, just seriously, not a big deal.

Boy
ITS THE SAME bleepKING THING!
jesus

Me
wow, what is the problem.... seriously, just put it in the compost, not gunna kill you

Boy
how you think its any different is beyond me

Me
, really???

Boy
what is the problme?
same
have you look at how plumbing to a sink works?
do that and then talk to me ok

Me
The problem is your total lack of respect and being wayyyy overly sensitive, I have to live here for the rest of my life, I want to keep things in good condition by treating things well

Boy
its not a lack of respect

Me
just respect that
well let it go then, humour me for once, geeze

Boy
your the one making a big deal out of this
no
I homour you in a million other ways

Me
no, I simply asked you not to put food in the sink and you have been having a breakdown ever since.... reallllly

Boy
lets say we had a garbrator... what would the difference be? puck all Im not having a break down Im just not going to complicate my life when I dont have to

Me
just let it go, really, if you buy a house, then you can put all the crap down the sink you want, Brad clogged the whole house THIS house a few times doing the same thing, I dont wanna go through that again, so just put it in the friggin compost, holy #!

Boy
brads are retard then

Me
Complicate your life????/ Reallly??? What are you a friggin 2 year old fairy princess?

Boy
not

Me
It was potatoes,

Boy
nice insult me some more why dont you

Me
lol...... I would love to show this conversation to someone, holy crap would they laugh

Boy
im getting plucking sick of your complaints
go ahead

Me
It wasnt a complaint it was a VERY simple and reasonable request.

Boy
its an unnessesary request

Me
just cool down and stop talking,

Boy
dont tell me to cool down Im not heated

Me
well let it go then.

There is more, but you get the drift....

edit on 22-1-2013 by mellisamouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by mellisamouse
There is more, but you get the drift....

Keep going, you're on a roll and this is funny.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Six minutes of my life that I will NEVER get back.......Oh well, ya win some ya lose some

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by nerbot

I couldn't get over the part where he didn't want to start complicating his life! lmao..... I was like.......holy crap, burst out laughing in here.....

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 10:13 PM
link   
chicks should be doing all the cleaning and cooking anyway.

its your feminine privilege to look after men.

stop hassling him and you clean up the rice AND the potatoes.

also, im sure brad is a retard.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by okamitengu
chicks should be doing all the cleaning and cooking anyway.

its your feminine privilege to look after men.

stop hassling him and you clean up the rice AND the potatoes.

also, im sure brad is a retard.

lol....... Brad is actually a pretty funny guy, I am just glad he isn't my room mate anymore....

Some people, just can't live with em! hahaha

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by mellisamouse

Arguing is an art. And this was no masterpiece.

Seriously, though: The more you escalate the more resistance you get back. You gotta think your argument out before you go in. You gotta trade something for something, even if it's just a gesture, a symbol. But you gotta have your trade worked out in advance.

Works most of the time....

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Trust me.

I know from experience.

It's pointless to argue with someone who will never listen anyway.

Stop clogging the drain with your hair.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 02:49 AM
link   
It's you. My god this is something I'd expect my little cousins to post on Facebook.

How old are you two???

I think I seriously lost a few IQ points reading that.

edit on 23-1-2013 by nightstalker78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 05:33 AM
link   
Your upset about a bit of rice going down the sink and ok with potatoes in the toilet?? Drains are drains, don't put food down any of them.

Arguments are about fear or power, guess which one this belongs to.
Figure out a way to make him think composting left over food bits is his idea, and viola, problem solved. Put a catch screen in the drain of the sink.

He just doesn't get it, and he doesn't want to be bossed. Teach by example and buy some drain cleaners in the meantime. He does not sound mental to me at all. Mental is talking about why the space men said he had to put food in the drain to feed the Sqills

edit on 23-1-2013 by Iamschist because: (no reason given)

JAK

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 05:52 AM
link   
There's a wonderful part in C.S. Lewis' "The Screwtape Letters" which describes a situation between a mother and son which you might find amusingly interesting in respect of this - the rest of the book might give you a giggle too.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Sorry I'm sure it's important to you.
edit on 23-1-2013 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Iamschist
Your upset about a bit of rice going down the sink and ok with potatoes in the toilet?? Drains are drains, don't put food down any of them.

Figure out a way to make him think composting left over food bits is his idea, and viola, problem solved. Put a catch screen in the drain of the sink.

He just doesn't get it, and he doesn't want to be bossed. Teach by example and buy some drain cleaners in the meantime. He does not sound mental to me at all. Mental is talking about why the space men said he had to put food in the drain to feed the Sqills

Oh, trust me, if it was just a bit of rice it wouldn't have bothered me, and the night before as well, with the potatoes, it was almost half a pot..... I said if you wanna put that down the toilet instead of outside in the compost thats ok, (because the inside bucket was full and it was cold outside) but instead he defiantly looked and me and squished the whole thing down the drain....then the next night with over a cup of rice.

I own the house, I have to do the repairs, I cant just complain to a landlord,
and this guy is just living here free as a sponge, supposedly going to pay be back for the free ride one day, but I would rather count the losses ( MONTHS of no paying rent OR bills now, not even paying for food)..... so if someone is taking such an over welcomed free ride they can at least show some respect instead of purposely doing MORE damage...

Yeah, a few grains I would do myself, but forcing a whole cup down is ridiculous.

I guess a defiant freeloader is a lil more frustrating than someone making an innocent mistake...

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by JAK
There's a wonderful part in C.S. Lewis' "The Screwtape Letters" which describes a situation between a mother and son which you might find amusingly interesting in respect of this - the rest of the book might give you a giggle too.

Awesome thanks, I will be a reading away. could be therapeutic, lol.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by mellisamouse

Originally posted by Iamschist

Oh, trust me, if it was just a bit of rice it wouldn't have bothered me, and the night before as well, with the potatoes, it was almost half a pot..... I said if you wanna put that down the toilet instead of outside in the compost thats ok, (because the inside bucket was full and it was cold outside) but instead he defiantly looked and me and squished the whole thing down the drain....then the next night with over a cup of rice.

I own the house, I have to do the repairs, I cant just complain to a landlord,
and this guy is just living here free as a sponge, supposedly going to pay be back for the free ride one day, but I would rather count the losses ( MONTHS of no paying rent OR bills now, not even paying for food)..... so if someone is taking such an over welcomed free ride they can at least show some respect instead of purposely doing MORE damage...

Yeah, a few grains I would do myself, but forcing a whole cup down is ridiculous.

I guess a defiant freeloader is a lil more frustrating than someone making an innocent mistake...

Well that does sound different than your original OP. Sounds like maybe he needs to be invited to move on? Your house, your rules or move out! I would say you're to nice, and need to stop allowing freeloaders. I doubt anyone who disrespects you will ever pay you back for your kindness.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Iamschist

Yup, I know he will never pay me back, I just feel sorry for him because he is so screwed, but his days are defiantly numbered at this point.

Oh well...... if he didn't rock the boat he could probably milk this for a lot longer, lol....

new topics

top topics

join