It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mysterious 1995 Somaliland Explosions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 09:10 PM
link   
I found this intriguing unclassified document on the CIA FOIA site - I hope this in the correct forum.

In December 1995 (approximately) , President Egal of war-torn Somaliland (an unrecognised African country) sent out a frantic call to a number of nations asking for help.
He describes explosions in a remote northern part of his country and the strange symptoms afflicting humans and animals in the region.

Strange Symptoms:
(I have had to paraphrase my quotes from this document as it is actually an image (embedded within a pdf) so text cannot be copied and pasted)

Animals:

...a fortnight after this event , they found most of the animals in a sort of demented state

Humans:

... they are almost shedding their outer skin...

Mysterious Explosion:

... no noise prior to a huge explosion ... witnesses report seeing objects moving at supersonic speeds

I have searched the net for more information, but this appears to be the only document I found that references these events,

The linked document describes (or is a transcription) of the conversation President Egal had with a person by the name of Timothy Ecott (presumedly working for the CIA or else a BBC journalist).

Here is a link to the document. Please note that it is a direct link to a CIA unclassified document.

Link to PDF document

Does anyone have more information on this event? I know Somaliland is a war-torn country with explosions being somewhat commonplace, however, the effects being described are interesting enough to have aroused the interest of the CIA.

edit on 22/1/2013 by deltaalphanovember because: incorrect date of event corrected

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 09:17 PM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...

well its a real place.. thats a start (:

eta.. downloading link to read later

edit on 22-1-2013 by okamitengu because: (no reason given)

there isnt much more in that document either, just a phonecall transcript

interesting
edit on 22-1-2013 by okamitengu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaalphanovember
I have searched the net for more information, but this appears to be the only document

Dont have time to do it myself, but may I suggest a search through the wikileaks released dimplomatic cables.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

Alfa1, that's a good idea - thanks.

I wonder if Somaliland had a US representatives on the ground as it was/is an unrecognised country.

UPDATED:
Wikileaks search reveals no useful info as far as I can ascertain.
edit on 22/1/2013 by deltaalphanovember because: UPDATE

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 09:32 PM
link   
This is very interesting, but where did you get 2002 from. It looks like the report says the interview took place on January 25, 1996 and was released March 1997.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Spieluhr

Danke! Thanks for the catch, I seem to have a form of numerical dyslexia (I was actually looking at something else on the net and I guess that the year 2002 got lodged in my eyeballs)

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Done a fair amount of research and I found this reference to something called Atto Technology, but doubt it is related (and the weapon's capability claims sound somewhat absurd):

a new subatomic science called Attotechnology had been linked to the Palo Alto CARET project's back-engineering of ET technologies. Over two segments, she interviewed "Sam Jones" who served in the U.S. Army in Mogadishu, Somalia, in 1993-1994, and was witness to an astonishing weapon test that was described as "Atto." Jones described a kind of directed energy weapon that could blow a hole in cement from 10 miles away,

Link - go to the May 27th entry

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Let me first to point out the similarity between this event and the 1909 Tungutska incident.
The people there had similar symptoms and animals too......
The radiation theory suggests itself strongly....
The backwoods of Africa could be a good place to test a biological weapon we should have more info buy now, as to what happened....
Sarin symptoms?

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by deltaalphanovember

Atto is a prefix for a scale of 10^-18, very small stuff and sounds like a frequency higher than gamma rays. So instead of your DNA getting damaged as with radiation, all chemical bonds will become fractured as the atoms become highly excited. I expect it would be very effective at putting holes in all kinds of things.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 11:19 PM
link   

From the movie Blackhawk Down and Wikipedia, A guy named Mr. Atto financed/supplied the weapons to Mohammed Aidid and thats weird if the Atto technology is true. That you have a Atto who finances and supplies weapons in a wartorn country where a new weapon Atto technology is tested..

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Not sure if you are aware of the significance of the mention of the Palo Alto CARET Laboratory - if you google that and add the word hoax there is a heap of info out there and a pretty big thread here at ATS !

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Tim Ecott was a BBC journalist until 1998. I'll send you his email if you want to ask him for any other info regarding this incident.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Thank you, I'll send him my questions today - hopefully he will be able to shed more light on the issue.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by chunder

The CARET hoax is well known to me as well, in fact I can't believe that people fell for those "alien drone" images.

However, the first rule of disinformation is to mix a lie with as much truth as possible. When the hoax is exposed, everything and everyone associated is immediately discredited - so my theory is to always look at all angles and variables - there may be one tiny piece of truth hidden amongst the overwhelming noise of BS.

top topics

join