It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Piers Morgan got flu shot from Dr. Oz last week.. Now has the flu

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Look.. a lot of people are trying to raise points as if I, or other posters who are against the flu shot, were unaware of them.

Yes, of course there is an amount of time before the vaccine kicks in.
Yes, of course the shot only protects against certain strains, while there are others in circulation.
Yes, of course he could have been exposed to the virus just before getting the shot.

Consider those factors duly noted. In fact, those points could even be used to argue against the logic of receiving the shot.

The original intent of the thread was to bring to attention the very simple humor in Piers getting the shot, and then getting the flu. We, as a society, are inundated with pressures to get this shot, through our employers, advertisements, schools, family, friends, etc.. and it's touted as the one thing you can count on to prevent you from contracting the virus! So whether Piers got it because his shot hadn't kicked in yet, or because it was a different strain than he was protected against, or because he was exposed to it before receiving the shot, it doesn't matter. It's simply funny that he received the shot, and then got the flu. That's all.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by BellaSabre

how many world leaders have actually killed ppl for disagreeing with them? and how many ppl did they kill? just sayin...

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by bacci0909
Look.. a lot of people are trying to raise points as if I, or other posters who are against the flu shot, were unaware of them.

Yes, of course there is an amount of time before the vaccine kicks in.
Yes, of course the shot only protects against certain strains, while there are others in circulation.
Yes, of course he could have been exposed to the virus just before getting the shot.

Consider those factors duly noted. In fact, those points could even be used to argue against the logic of receiving the shot.

The original intent of the thread was to bring to attention the very simple humor in Piers getting the shot, and then getting the flu. We, as a society, are inundated with pressures to get this shot, through our employers, advertisements, schools, family, friends, etc.. and it's touted as the one thing you can count on to prevent you from contracting the virus! So whether Piers got it because his shot hadn't kicked in yet, or because it was a different strain than he was protected against, or because he was exposed to it before receiving the shot, it doesn't matter. It's simply funny that he received the shot, and then got the flu. That's all.

Personally, the sheer amount of people that I know who have gotten the flu right after getting the flu shot is staggering. Some of them, upon ceasing to get vaccinated, stopped getting the flu. I have heard this story over and over and over again. It seems very self evident to me, and only so much "had the flu already" is possible.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Every year, these people come to my husband's company (he works in a medical division for a large defense company that starts with G
) and offer the flu shot. For the last several years, his coworkers flock to the immunizations, while he refuses. And every single year, without fail.. (and I mean EVERY) the next week, half the company is at home sick. You would think these people would learn by now, but apparently they don't!
Husband is the only one who seems to make it through without damage, but then he is one of the few that don't get vaccinated.

Also, for years, my dad refused the shot, and I would tell him every year "Dad, don't get it!" and he would assure me he was smarter than that. Then apparently his doctor scared him into it (as he has diabetes and finally gave in..) and lo and behold..who was sick three days later? Yep..
edit on 23-1-2013 by bastet11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by RN311
YOU CAN NOT GET THE FLU FROM THE FLU SHOT!! The flu shot WILL NOT I repeat WILL NOT cause the flu.
I'm not saying that you should get the flu shot, or advocating any vaccines but I get so sick of reading this crap!! If he has the flu there are a dozen different reasons for it. Not to mention that you only remain asymptomatic for about 24-48hrs after being exposed to when you exhibit symptoms therefore if he got the flu from the the flu shot he would have gotten sick the next day , or day after, not a week later. If your going to make claims like this have the facts to back it up.

Do you have any idea how the Flu shot is manufactured?

Reason I ask is because I worked in the industry years ago installing the systems that incubate the eggs used to grow the vaccine.

Yes you can catch the flu from flu shots, if the virus is not killed then people will get the flu. Sometimes the process is flawed and live shots go out, even though quality control is very tight.

FYI
www.millerandlevine.com...

edit on 23-1-2013 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1

Originally posted by bacci0909
But just now on Piers Morgan Tonight, he admitted he has the flu...

More evidence that anti-vacciners cant tell the difference between the common cold, and the influenza virus.

If he really had the flu, he'd be at home in bed unable to do anything.

This is not true. If you really get zapped by the flu, you're home in bed lying there, but flu severity can vary greatly.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by bastet11

It is COMMON knowledge the flu vaccine causes the flu, I can even prove it. A few years ago if you remember there was no vaccine because it all was CONTAMINATED and was thrown out. That year the flu was almost non-existent.
The chemicals put in the food supply make you sick so you pay doctors thousands to give you pills that kill your liver and organs.
The soaps we use lower your immune system so you get sick and start the process ALL OVER AGAIN.
I use organic soaps and shampos and take immune boosters and have not got one cold or flu in 15 YEARS.
edit on 23-1-2013 by supergravity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

You didn't say it took a whole season, but you implied it.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by supergravity

I had to find out the hard way as a child what vaccines can do (pertussis, encephalitis, seizures) so nowadays, I avoid them like the plague.
I also refuse to use antibacterials, and do a lot to boost my and my children's immunity naturally.
Also, I think playing in the dirt is important for kids!

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by bacci0909

Thanks.
Everyone keeps pointing out that the shot only contains a few strains, time to build antibodies, etc like it's not common sense.

My opinion on the flu shot is based solely on the fact that I never get them, and haven't had the flu, but maybe half a 5 times in my life. So I am sticking with it.

If I was 80 years old and dropping into my chair too fast put me at risk of breaking my hip, maybe I would consider it, but i'd probably be nervous about getting it.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Yes you are right, never Isolate from exposure because you need to make anti bodys for what is going around.I will go over to friends that have bad flu's just to get exposed and they always say I cant believe your over here ,nobody else will come over.The GOOD BACTERIA EAT THE FLU , so if you kill them with HARSH ANTIBACTERIAL SOAPS you could get staff infection or worse.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Don't worry, I'm SURE you can trust the government that hasn't told the damn truth about anything in over 70 years including Roswell, the UFO issue in its entirety, various and sundry False Flag Events, every freekin' war, the passage of bills and laws without anyone involved having even read them, CIA experiments involving unknowing human guinea pigs being exposed to deadly diseases, '___', etc, Gulf War Syndrome, depleted uranium, the same country that set off hundreds of atomic bombs for 'test' purposes, that insists on adding poison to your water for your own good, that wants you to learn before you can think for yourself to salute a flag and get that whole patriotic vibe going (ready to be drafted?) etc and so forth.

And, yeah, they want to stick your arm with vaccines contaminated with cancer causing viruses, etc.

Pentagon, Pentagram. It's all the same.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by supergravity

Flu is a Virus.. bacteria doesn't do anything to them....

I think you mistook Good gut flora overtaking bad bacteria.

Anti bacteria soap is useless, its not much difference than normal soap, in fact, Antibacterial soap in some case kill LESS bacteria due to too much ingredients.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Most of the people got the DPTP vaccine as a child... i'm assuming you still have both legs and polio didn't eat them when you were 8 yrs old?
Polio is non existent in the environment. Thanks to the vaccine that eradicated it from common household.

or did your throat swell up and made a hole in your throat? so yeah Diphtheria is out of the way from households.

How many children are dieing from Tetanus?

Now Whooping cough or pertussis is on the rise again due to people not getting the essential vaccines.

CDC: Whooping cough rising at alarming rate
Whooping cough is on the rise, thanks to poor immunization rates
Whooping Cough on the Rise Among Children Whose Parents Refused the Vaccine

Edit; There is BIG difference between ESSENTIAL Vaccine(thats has been around for over 40 yrs) and InFlu Vaccine and oter BS vaccine out in the market. So Don't lump all together and hate on everything without releasing how many lives it saved.
edit on 1/23/2013 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Found the actual quote from CNN transcripts:

Let's take a break. I want to come back and talk about one of the most emotive there is of public opinions. Guns and gun control. And I will try and keep my voice which I think ironically I got the flu after Dr. Oz gave me a flu jab on this very show.

CNN.com - Transcripts

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Don't forget that the Flu shot is 62% effective...

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   

I believe the flu shot is effective to a degree, but I also believe good nutrition (along with proper supplements to complement, like additional vitamin D in the winter or even in the summer for indoor-types or sunblock usersis FAR more effective. I never get a fly shot, neither does my wife, and neither will our son, and I've only been sick once in the past 25 years (that was pneumonia.)

That said, he could easily have a strain that wasn't well-covered by the vaccine, and, I wonder whether it is actually influenza. Influenza is one of the less-common diseases which present "flu-like symptoms", so it's highly possible it's something else entirely (unless they actually tested him.)

Anyhow, is it worth being injected with adjuvants, in order to possibly slightly lower the risk of being mildly ill for a couple of days? Of course not. What a scam. Too bad so many people are so easily fooled. This is one medical-industry scam which I really wish would collapse. I hate that a portion of my tax money and my health insurance premiums pay for the ignorant to get flu vaccines. Very little, if any benefit, definitely harmful (vaccine adjuvants work by being harmful, its what elicits immune response), and billions of dollars siphoned out of the economy and fed to Big Pharma for these vaccines every year.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Too bad the flu isn't always fatal.
I never get a flu shot either, I agree that they are suspect. Only times I ever got the flu was when I was talked into a flu shot...

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Well since there is no OFFICIAL diagnosis for the flu I'd like to know how you know he has it? Or anyone else for that matter.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 07:00 PM
link   
This guy is making friends all around. This is first time I laughed at someone getting the flu, it couldn't have happened to a nicer guy. This is why I take Irish flu shots ( aka shots of whiskey)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join