It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Piers Morgan got flu shot from Dr. Oz last week.. Now has the flu

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Haha the ignorance.

How is getting Flu shot prevents you from getting the flu? what if the flu he got was not the same strain he was immunized against?

No wonder there is so much hate for vaccine, half they people don't know shiz but looking to blame their life problems and drinking/smoking while pregnant on vaccine.

edit: not all the vaccine are the same.
edit on 1/23/2013 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by BellaSabre

Not that I agree he should die, but I think the person you were responding to said that, less because he disagrees, and more because he's an MSM propagandist. He isn't just disagreeing he's leading idiots off a cliff. At least he's suffering a little embarrassment and led himself off one this week right?
edit on 23-1-2013 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   
It takes longer than a week for the flu shot to become effective. That's why you're supposed to get it in the fall, not this late into the season.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by bacci0909

I do not get flu shots. I don't believe they are necessary accept for elderly people are those
with compromised immune systems. And it is a dice roll as to whether the shot you get will actually
prevent this seasons flu anyway.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

When you consider incubation periods.. he probably picked up the flu around the time he got the vaccine

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

Nah brah, it takes 10 -14 days to develop those antibodies. Not a whole season, or anything close to that.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by bacci0909
And make an insane amount of money in the process. All anyone needs to know is that in 2004, when there was a shortage of the flu shot, and 40% (nearly HALF) of those who normally get the shot were not able to, there was no increase in flu cases. # doesn't work

proof of this claim

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
reply to post by Ghost375

Nah brah, it takes 10 -14 days to develop those antibodies. Not a whole season, or anything close to that.

I didn't say it took a whole season. 10-14 days is longer than a week, right?
edit on 23-1-2013 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   
At work, everyone was forced to get flu shots back in November. Now in January everyone is coming down with the flu, diarrhea headaches and chills. Even people who never get sick and were forced to take the flu shot are sick this year.
and now a vaccine claim has been proven to cause autism. They put mercury (thimerosol) in the flu vaccine and other vaccines as a preservative so they can make more profit, but mercury is a poison.

Better off vaccine free, vaccines are for cattle and sheeple

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

Actually it varies from person to person, and disease to disease, weeks to months.

Remember flu shots only have about 4 strains... out of 100,000+. Why do you think people get cold almost every year... its always a new cold virus.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Flu Shots are garbage and should be deemed a health threat. And to Mr. Morgan...

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   

But just now on Piers Morgan Tonight, he admitted he has the flu...

More evidence that anti-vacciners cant tell the difference between the common cold, and the influenza virus.

If he really had the flu, he'd be at home in bed unable to do anything.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375

And make an insane amount of money in the process. All anyone needs to know is that in 2004, when there was a shortage of the flu shot, and 40% (nearly HALF) of those who normally get the shot were not able to, there was no increase in flu cases. # doesn't work

proof of this claim

The Atlantic: Does The Vaccine Matter?

In 2004, for example, vaccine production fell behind, causing a 40 percent drop in immunization rates. Yet mortality did not rise.

My mistake in that it says mortality rates did not rise, not that cases of the flu did not rise, but it's still a very telling statistic. And it doesn't mention that cases of the flu did rise, so I guess that remains unknown.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

No need to learn and edumacate,... its the "blame, blame, blame all my life problems on vaccine" generation.

Feel depressed, its vaccine fault!
My child is not active, Its vaccine! *my health don't matter, cause my baby is a completely different being*
I'm gaining weight... its vaccine!
Dollar collapsing! its vaccine!

Who knows, half of the poster probably thought cold is flu.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1

But just now on Piers Morgan Tonight, he admitted he has the flu...

More evidence that anti-vacciners cant tell the difference between the common cold, and the influenza virus.

If he really had the flu, he'd be at home in bed unable to do anything.

It's not my job to diagnose him. I'm not Piers, and neither are you, so we can't really say what it is that he has. I was only relaying what he said, and what he said was that he had the flu.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by theAnswer1111
Flu Shots are garbage and should be deemed a health threat. And to Mr. Morgan...

Okay, you get 'Best Post of the Day' Award.

I'll be laughing about that all the way to school today.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by luciddream
Haha the ignorance.

How is getting Flu shot prevents you from getting the flu? what if the flu he got was not the same strain he was immunized against?

No wonder there is so much hate for vaccine, half they people don't know shiz but looking to blame their life problems and drinking/smoking while pregnant on vaccine.

edit: not all the vaccine are the same.
edit on 1/23/2013 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

I'm not looking to blame any of my life problems on vaccines. And of course I understand that there are different strains out there, strains that aren't covered by that year's shot. That in itself exposes one of the flaws in the logic of getting the shot.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by bacci0909

Dr. Oz did it on purpose! hahahaha

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   
The shot isnt a complete failure and it never claimed to prevent ALL strains of the flu.

The strains included in the shot
A/California/7/2009 (H1N1)-like virus
A/Victoria/361/2011 (H3N2)-like virus
B/Wisconsin/1/2010-like virus.

But the truth is that we dont really know how many strains there are as they are numerous and mutate into new strains constantly. The ones they include in the shot are ones that show to be the most dangerous and the ones that seem to be more prevalent. The shot doent protect you from " the flu".. it only protects from the most popular strains and most virulent strains they have identified AT THAT TIME. There are influenza strains A, B, and C... and they mutate so you dont "build up" an imunity to them as when they mutate the immune system cant identify it. You can keep getting it with each mutation. Ther is no vaccine for C.. given that its not usually a killer and more mild.

Anyway, if youre interested: www.livestrong.com...

I was an RN in an ER for yrs... and caught some boogerish viruses over the yrs. My daughter is a transplant patient and while IN the hospital with her, we caught "Swine". Due to her having a compromised immune system, we were both tested.. both had swine .. " h1n1 influenza A ". We were put together into isolation which was a pain. Let me tell ya, that is a hell of a virus. Ive heard people say " I had swine flu and it wasnt tht bad"... I call BS. Our flu was confirmed ( not just guessed) and I thought I was going to die.
I was told that swine mutates easily and recently mutated into 2 different strains.. and you cant put them ALL in the shot.

You have to watch these things as they mutate and get out of hand.. hence the double duty on identifying ( even by reverse genetics) the newer strains to include in the shot.. and then its just a best guess.

www.medicaldaily.com...

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Awesome, I never win awards. I keep that photo on file for just this type of occasion!

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join