It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Piers Morgan got flu shot from Dr. Oz last week.. Now has the flu

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 05:44 AM
link   
It's the same every year - some vaccines cause a bit of a mild reaction but nothinglike full-blown influenza and there's always the possibility of catching the virus before the vaccine has time to do its job. And, of course, the true survivor that the influenza virus is with the ability to mutate around all our defenses which means we're always fighting a rear guard action against it. The worst reaction I ever had to a flu shot was a slight temperature, shakes and sweats for a couple of days which is way better than almost dying from flu complications like double pneumonia (been there too hence my preference for an annual shot ever since).

Why all the hate for Piers Morgan?
From what I've seen he brings out the real characters in his interviewees and AJ proved to be his own worst enemy in that regard

edit on 23/1/2013 by Pilgrum because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by RN311
YOU CAN NOT GET THE FLU FROM THE FLU SHOT!!

Obviously .. no matter how much you shout that ... you are wrong.

Every time my daughter got the flu shot, she'd have the flu within 3 days.
And she got nailed with it really badly.

We stopped giving her flu shots and now she rarely gets it.
And when she does, it's much less bad then when she got the shot.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 06:03 AM
link   
Dr Oz will make excuses .. like that he was already going to get it before the shot, or that he got some strain that the shot didn't have, or that he will get it but it will be much less bad than it could have been. etc etc

Originally posted by Pilgrum

Really? You don't know why??

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 07:02 AM
link   
reply to post by bacci0909

Is Piers a doctor? How does he know it's the flu? I'd like to hear a doctor chime in because he probably has an upper respiratory infection and not the flu. I had the same thing happen to me. When I complained to the clinic that gave me the shot they told me that although the symptoms might be similar- what I had was not the flu and had to be treated with anti-biotics.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 07:08 AM
link   

YOU CAN NOT GET THE FLU FROM THE FLU SHOT!! The flu shot WILL NOT I repeat WILL NOT cause the flu.
I'm not saying that you should get the flu shot, or advocating any vaccines but I get so sick of reading this crap!! If he has the flu there are a dozen different reasons for it. Not to mention that you only remain asymptomatic for about 24-48hrs after being exposed to when you exhibit symptoms therefore if he got the flu from the the flu shot he would have gotten sick the next day , or day after, not a week later. If your going to make claims like this have the facts to back it up.

Facts are not needed the anti-vaccine movement is run on ignorance and belief. A sniffle and its flu as opposed to the human body's antibodies in full flow !!!!! And as you and I both know there are different strains of flu and one jab only targets one strain. That little fact seems to to bypass the brain completely !

I always look on the bright side - darwinism

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Every time my daughter got the flu shot, she'd have the flu within 3 days. And she got nailed with it really badly. We stopped giving her flu shots and now she rarely gets it. And when she does, it's much less bad then when she got the shot.

Same here, I was ticked about 5yrs ago. My daughter got the shot and within a week had the Flu..no more and she rarely gets sick anymore.
I have never gotten the shot, rarely get sick. It is amazing how I ever survived my childhood without these shots

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Dr Oz will make excuses .. like that he was already going to get it before the shot, or that he got some strain that the shot didn't have, or that he will get it but it will be much less bad than it could have been. etc etc

Are you saying that there is only one strain of the flu virus?

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 09:01 AM
link   
If he has influenza, I doubt very much he'll be working for a few days. Did they interview him from his bedroom when he complained of flu?

He probably has a head cold if he's working. Different thing, innit.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by kykweer

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Are you saying that there is only one strain of the flu virus?

Of course not, they give you a new strain from south Africa or china or god knows what thirld world country every year. I work in a pharmacy and I've personally seen people get a flu shot and come back a week or two later for Tamiflu. Flu-shot symptoms won't manifest after a few days in reaction to the shot. If you get the flu 2 weeks later it isn't a reaction anymore it's the virus.

Before you put anything in your body ask yourself: "do I really know what's in this pill/tab/needle?"

I wasn't satisfied after I looked it up. I don't get flu shots anymore and I get them free.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Isn't the flu shot supposed to make you a bit unwell for a few days, I thought that was the point, introduce you to it so your immunity can cope with it if you're to ever get it again

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Obsrvr

rofl, poor baby

I don't think he realizes just how little anyone cares. Maybe we'll get lucky and he'll kick the bucket.

Hoping for the death of another human because he has different views than you? That's what petty low-life fanatics do. Just thought I'd point that out.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by GrandStrategy

Yea the only thing is I think is that you get a little beat weaker (I think) when your body is fighting those not dangerous flu injected and so perhaps your immune system gets weaker for a short time.

When I feel a bit weak I always get cold sores.
Perhaps I should take a flu shot to see if I get a cold sore shortly after it, if so it means your immune system gets weaker for a short period and so more change then getting the flu?
edit on 23-1-2013 by Plugin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
Wow ATS is going down hill, wishing him dead and laughing about it......

Joking. Joking.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
Wow ATS is going down hill, wishing him dead and laughing about it......

You should have seen the filth put out when Laura Ingraham and Rush Limbaugh had medical problems. It was nice to see Ted Kennedy didn't get the same kind of hate directed at him when he fell ill and passed from the big C.

I wouldn't single out ATS for it as there is much much worse around the net (of course, who knows what Mods have caught and zapped from what we never see too?). I sure will agree that hoping ANYONE dies simply because their politics and opinions are objectionable says more about those saying it than it does about the person it's said about. It is getting ugly around here at times, isn't it?

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 10:13 AM
link   

YOU CAN NOT GET THE FLU FROM THE FLU SHOT!! The flu shot WILL NOT I repeat WILL NOT cause the flu.
I'm not saying that you should get the flu shot, or advocating any vaccines but I get so sick of reading this crap!! If he has the flu there are a dozen different reasons for it. Not to mention that you only remain asymptomatic for about 24-48hrs after being exposed to when you exhibit symptoms therefore if he got the flu from the the flu shot he would have gotten sick the next day , or day after, not a week later. If your going to make claims like this have the facts to back it up.

Sure it can. Studies have shown that if you take the flu shot for one strain like the swine flu then you will have bigger chance getting the flu from the other strains.
This effect was seen even a year after the vaccine.

Also funny how when you look at pro vaccine flu forums you will see that quite a few of them get flu every #ing year even though they take the vaccine.
Meanwhile I have never ever taken the vaccine and never EVER had the flu.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   
I can see many of you are very misinformed about the flu shot. I work for many of the hospitals and clinics here in IA so I have access to doctors and nurses who provide some pretty good information for me. Sure they could be wrong or all of them behind 1 big conspiracy and given I have not gotten the flu in quite some I'll take my chances.

The flu shot does not, I repeat, does not go into affect for a couple of weeks. Exactly why they suggest you get the shot as early as possible.

Does flu vaccine work right away?
No. It takes about two weeks after vaccination for antibodies to develop in the body and provide protection against influenza virus infection. In the meantime, you are still at risk for getting the flu. That’s why it’s better to get vaccinated early in the fall, before the flu season really gets under way.

There are also a few side effects

Vaccine Side Effects (What to Expect)
Different side effects can be associated with the flu shot and LAIV.
The flu shot: The viruses in the flu shot are killed (inactivated), so you cannot get the flu from a flu shot. Some minor side effects that could occur are:
Soreness, redness, or swelling where the shot was given
Fever (low grade)
Aches
If these problems occur, they begin soon after the shot and usually last 1 to 2 days.

Hopefully this helps

www.cdc.gov...

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Vaccinations do not protect you 100% from the virus or bacteria you were immunized for.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 10:37 AM
link   

The problem with the Flu shot or should I say one of the many is the fact that if you do get sick they say well you must've contracted it in the prior two weeks. What a get out of Jail free card. I know many people that get these shots but I would never do it unless forced by extreme measures. The Pharmaceutical industry wants you to be sick.

"There's no money in the cure, only in the medicine"

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Injecting yourself with poison to try and be trendy.

This guy is lacking smarts.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Well good. My mother is now 91 and when she got the flu shot she got the flu. I tried to tell her about it before but I am her little boy - even though I am 55 - and I couldn't get her to believe it. Now she believes me.

I also remember having this discussion inside of a thread here, and I was told by a clueless poster that vaccines were supposed to contain live viruses.

Vindication is sweet, even when you have a cold as I do right now.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join