Super Hot Girl In A Hilarious And Great Pro-Gun(Defense) Advertisement

page: 1
13
<<   2  3 >>

log in

join

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 07:49 PM
link   
The Gun Debate is an important one, and the reason why I said she's hot is because she is, and that can help in spreading the message to be honest.

So this super hot girl is at home and a thug wants to break in and enter and do god knows what.
Well this super hot girl is PACKING HEATTTT!!!!
If you know what I mean.....

You know the reason why I thought this ad was so great because it didn't preach violence, it preached non-violence.
Some of you will say how, well she didn't shoot him.
Sure, no thug is going to do what he did, but at the same time alot of pro-gunners only want to subdue their threat and not kill them, like shoot them in the leg or something.
Even the Dailai Lama said keep your guns but only shoot them in the leg if possible.



What are your thoughts on this?
Is the message effective?

She is law abiding, she even called the cops later on.

Come on man!!!!!!!




posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia
 


R Lee Ermey was the paramedic.Love it.
edit on 22-1-2013 by rockymcgilicutty because: (no reason given)



edit on 22-1-2013 by rockymcgilicutty because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   
AHAHA! Okay...I am man enough to admit it. I clicked play to see the hot girl. Second, effective message except at the point her life felt threatened, why not call the police? I mean, I am all for the get your weapon first; but to be more effective, it should have shown here at least dialing the police.

Similar to how movies show the explicit act of buckling your seat beat; why wouldn't this advertiser show that aspect? And Lee Emery? Classic!

ETA: As the Great Yogurt said....merchandising, merchandising......Her protection was seconds away, while of course the police were minutes away. It would have been a broader message showing both in my opinion...don't people go to school for these things?
edit on 22-1-2013 by ownbestenemy because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by ownbestenemy
effective message except at the point her life felt threatened, why not call the police? I mean, I am all for the get your weapon first; but to be more effective, it should have shown here at least dialing the police.

Dialing when?
If everytime a girl alone heard a noise called the cops a state would go bankrupt!

Paranoia 911 calls is borderline prank calling.

Plus something tells me if she pulled the trigger it would have spat out thicker bullets than if any other ordinary woman would, but she still held back!
That's honorable!



posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Here's another one... my favorite commercial of all time!





posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
Paranoia 911 calls is borderline prank calling.

Plus something tells me if she pulled the trigger it would have spat out thicker bullets than if any other ordinary woman would, but she still held back!
That's honorable!


I am not knocking the commercial...but it has revealed your intent. I was speaking for a marketing point of view. If who ever produced this video wanted to show a complete message (one that would even reach those who are opposed to personal protection) they would have show it. I am not against what this portrays. I think it is good.

ETA: The other video posted is more complete...a better product in my opinion....save the Tommy Gun action...but point was better made..
edit on 22-1-2013 by ownbestenemy because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I sent his to my daugheter a few days ago . She loved it. She's 19.

The day before I sent it we went to a friends house to shoot. She shot a .45, .380, SKS, 9mm and an AK-74 with a bump stock. She's a great shot!

So glad my girl embraces guns instead of being afraid like the media and some politicians want her to be.

She can't wait to shoot her brothers AK-47...



posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 08:16 PM
link   
It would be more effective if glock was made in the us.

second agrees.



posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by ownbestenemy
AHAHA! Okay...I am man enough to admit it. I clicked play to see the hot girl.




Hot Girl, Gun, and the Sarge equals win!

Reality? Most criminals wait patently for the lights to go off..............or make some excuse to gain entry.



posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by davjan4
I sent his to my daugheter a few days ago . She loved it. She's 19.

The day before I sent it we went to a friends house to shoot. She shot a .45, .380, SKS, 9mm and an AK-74 with a bump stock. She's a great shot!

So glad my girl embraces guns instead of being afraid like the media and some politicians want her to be.

She can't wait to shoot her brothers AK-47...


All completely agreed with here. My message was that portrayed. Combine this one with the other video a poster posted and it would be perfect. The lady is scared after the second knock....dials 9-11 while grabbing her legally owned weapon and confronts the intruder who passes out (because in reality, many committing these crimes are not expecting to face resistance.)

All bases are covered and you bring into the conversation in a valid function that while the police can do something, they cannot protect you until they got there....that is your responsibility. Image people....and "we" are losing the image war...



posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by ownbestenemy
I am not knocking the commercial...but it has revealed your intent. I was speaking for a marketing point of view. If who ever produced this video wanted to show a complete message (one that would even reach those who are opposed to personal protection) they would have show it. I am not against what this portrays. I think it is good.

ETA: The other video posted is more complete...a better product in my opinion....save the Tommy Gun action...but point was better made


This is completely untrue and that is not my perspective of gun rights at all.
Sheesh man, I'm a Vegetarian!!!
I don't shoot deer or duck, of course i wouldn't want to shoot a human!!!
But i'm still pro gun rights

You are the only one who said the video revealed my intent but also the only one who misunderstood the OP.

EDIT: Heyyy... what happened to my fonts???
edit on 22-1-2013 by ModernAcademia because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia
 


I should clarify....I wasn't trying to reveal some nefarious deep underground conspiracy perpetrated by you. When I say "intent" it is because rather than have a conversation on the message you questioned on "when she would call 9-11". That aspect is irrelevant. It is a PSA. They should have shown both to get as wide of a demographic as they could have.

Positive message overall, but could have been better, that was my initial response. I should have clarified in the beginning about that.



posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 08:28 PM
link   
that was one of the most stupid thing's i've seen.
i didn't get it at all.
pls explain, i am quite stupid.



posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rikku
that was one of the most stupid thing's i've seen.
i didn't get it at all.
pls explain, i am quite stupid.


It portrays the fact that it is your responsibility to protect your own life and property. She felt threatened and grabbed her weapon. Thoughtfully, the makers of this video showed her get her gun from a safe. She then sat there until it escalated....what is not to understand?!



posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 08:31 PM
link   
The gun safe was a nice touch. All PC and such. There's another ad out there that has a similar theme. I'll see if I can find it and edit.

Found it!




Sure, no thug is going to do what he did, but at the same time alot of pro-gunners only want to subdue their threat and not kill them, like shoot them in the leg or something.
Even the Dailai Lama said keep your guns but only shoot them in the leg if possible.


Uh, no. In real life the hoodlum would have rushed the girl. She was scared. If she hesitated one second he would have had the gun away from her. You shoot to stop the threat. That means two to the chest, one to the ocular cavity. "Shooting him in the leg" will not stop the threat and it's not a large target. You might miss. Shoot for "center mass." Hopefully she was using hollow point ammo. That does more damage by spreading out in the body, but it has less power and won't exit the body, go through a wall, and endanger someone on the other side.

Standard practice taught in every defensive handgun course. Sorry it's not warm and fuzzy. The alternative in this case is to get raped or get killed or both.
edit on 1/22/2013 by schuyler because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Here is the gun debate explained in a nutshell.

it is fine and dandy to ban the right to own guns and make people get carded, and get federal background checks because that right is pure evil.

Contrast

Don't you dare, ask for id and make people get federal background checks to vote that means you hate poor people.


Funny how the "you hate poor people" doesn't work for the gun debate after all both are constitutional rights one is clearly "acceptable" placing restrictions on one leaving the other alone.

The hot girl video has more substance that what comes out of politicians and pundits mouths.



posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 08:36 PM
link   


She felt threatened and grabbed her weapon.

why would she feel the need to get a gun?
somebody knocked on her dorr that's all that happened.
ok i wouldnt answer the door either, but i certainly wouldnt consider shooting them



posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia
 


Ugly chicks don't need guns.

I think that's the message.





posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rikku



She felt threatened and grabbed her weapon.

why would she feel the need to get a gun?
somebody knocked on her dorr that's all that happened.
ok i wouldnt answer the door either, but i certainly wouldnt consider shooting them


She never shot. She heard the knock three times....while never seeing anyone through here peep hole. Either you are being dense for a reason or are playing devil's advocate....

It portrays a woman home alone and being subjected to a "creep" toying with her to get her to open the door. Once she never answered the door, the perpetrator barged in......met with a citizen ready to protect her life and property. What is not to understand here?



posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rikku

ok i wouldnt answer the door either, but i certainly wouldnt consider shooting them


Would your thought have changed, if you knew what the intent was of the criminal?

I don't think "hugs" is a viable option........






new topics

top topics


active topics

 
13
<<   2  3 >>

log in

join