It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Incredible Benefits of the ALOE VERA -You might be surprised!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I wanted to share with my fellow ATSers some wonderful facts about the healing and medicinal qualities that this common plant provides!

Aloe Vera has been found described in writings in many different cultures and as far back as the Greek, Egyptians, and Roman eras. References have also been found in writings from the Indian and Chinese early cultures. Ancient records show that the benefits of Aloe Vera have been known for centuries, with its therapeutic advantages and healing properties surviving for over 4000 years. The earliest record of Aloe Vera is on a Sumerian tablet dating from 2100 BC.

Most people know and use Aloe Vera as a topical application gel to aid with sunburns and eczema . Though this is true, it can be used externally and internally

External Usage:
• Burns/radiation burns; reduces pain and speeds up the healing process
• Skin irritations; relieves rashes
• Psoriasis; reduces itching and pain
• Stimulate collagen as well as Elastin synthesis; effective in preventing early signs of aging
• Moisturizes skin; hydrates and softens

*Internal Usage:
• Tendinitis/Arthritis; alleviates joint and muscle pain
• Boosts the oxygenation of your blood; reduces "Sludge Blood"
• Intestinal issues: gastrointestinal, ulcerous and intestinal-related problems such as diarrhea and constipation.
• Eliminates Fungus and Bacteria/candida (Yeast) within the body
• Inflammation & high fever (due to the salicylic acid in the plant)
• Alkalizes the body; helping to balance overly acidic dietary habit
• Stabilizes blood sugar and reduces triglycerides in diabetics
• Digestive tract irritations; colitis, irritable bowel syndrome and ulcers (due to the release of pepsin (a gastric juice enzyme necessary for digestion)
• Body cleanser; cleaning matter from the stomach, liver, kidneys, spleen, bladder, and is considered one of the best known colon cleansers
• Lowers cholesterol
• Eases heartburn

Natural News

Over 200 worldwide scientific research papers have been published on the effects. The three main categories of research include anti-inflammatory, anti- bacterial, and anti-viral actions of the plant. The juice is said to soothe digestive tract irritations such as colitis, ulcers and irritable bowel syndrome. It's ability to encourage the release of pepsin (a gastric juice enzyme necessary for digestion) when the stomach is full is a possible reason for its ulcer-healing effects (Journal of the American Osteopathic Society, 1963, vol.62).

A two year trial is underway at the Neath, Morriston and Singleton hospitals in Swansea for use of Aloe Vera in treating Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS). A clinical trial involving 44 patients suffering from Ulcerative Colitis has been completed at the Royal London Hospital and the John Radcliffe Hospital in Oxford. The trial was completed in January 2004 and an improvement found in 38% of Patients given Aloe Vera gel as opposed to 8% given a placebo.

Source

source

What makes this plant so amazing you ask?

Although Aloe is about 99% water, the remaining 1% is extremely powerful and it is thought this is because the close to 100 ingredients work extremely well together (synergistically). The ingredients in Aloe can be grouped into the following categories: Vitamins, Minerals, Sugars, Enzymes, Lignins, Amino Acids, Anthraquinones, Saponins, Fatty Acids, Salicylic Acid.

Aloe Vera contains proteins, calcium, magnesium, zinc, vitamins A, B12 and E, essential fatty acids and is naturally rich in:
Vitamin C
Amino acids
Germanium
Enzymes

Herb Wisdom

Now despite my high opinion of natural medicines, this obviously in no way saying that this will in fact cure you and to drop what ever medication you're currently prescribed too, but hey why not at least try it out and see what kind kind of benefits your body soaks up from this.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 06:36 PM
link   
My mother has aloe vera plants at her house. Is it better to grow your own or buy over the counter aloe? Any specific brands?

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 06:37 PM
link   
I use aloe vera daily, I love it! Keeps my mild eczema at bay and it really does make skin all nice and soft. Can only recommend it!

Thanks OP, I didn't know aloe vera had ALL that stuff in it! S&F

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by ValentinoG

Definitely grow your own

It's pretty easy actually, they're pretty resilient plants. A little nourishment and love and it will go a long way!

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 06:51 PM
link   
i've only ever used it after getting sunburns, and boy did it help! But will try to use it more often now. Thanks for the info!

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   

What I'm about to offer here are my own opinion statements about aloe vera's healing benefits. Learn more: www.naturalnews.com...

Look, it's known that aloe vera has some medicinal properties, but the claims being made are a little over the top.
If I had to guess, the studies show extremely slight improvements, and the author is misrepresenting them.
If it lowers triglycerides by 1, would you consider that a good improvement?
I've caught natural news doing things like this in pretty much every article I've seen by them.

Also, the aloe vera at the stores is not in a safe to eat form, it's sometimes not even in a form that's recommended for sunburns.

I'll take a look at the studies. I doubt they'll actually say what the author is claiming.

edit on 22-1-2013 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 06:55 PM
link   
I keep an aloe plant in my kitchen, and boy I'm glad I do!

I burned my palm pretty bad two weekends ago. I got stupid and forgot the stovetop was hot. Yikes! Nearly 2nd degree burns!

After running my hand under cold water for a few minutes, I cut off a few chunks of my plant and squeezed the raw juice onto my burns. I wrapped my hand up in a clean dressing and put an ice pack on it.

I have no doubt that I might have had to go to the ER if it wasn't for the aloe. By the next morning the pain had significantly reduced, and what should have been blisters weren't.

If you cook, keep an aloe plant in the kitchen! Just make sure to throw it a bit of water whenever you can remember. It's like a cactus -- even a brown-thumbed male can grow one!

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

I'm basing this on several articles and studies. It even states in my thread that it is by no means a cure, but to try it out and see how your OWN body is affected by this.

Personally, natural medicine helped me recover from the early stages of cervical cancer, so I can confidently say from my own experiences that there are so many incredible natural remedies readily available aside from depending on the Pharma thieves.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Just as I thought, those studies are highly suspect, and don't really say what the author of that article claims.
I don't even think he actually read the studies, just the titles.

One study said, "There are major caveats associated with all of these statements."

The "destroys cancer tumors" claim is the most laughable one. Most of the studies he links to only have the words tumor cells and aloe vera in the title. There's one study that shows a slight improvement, but it's only when it's used in conjunction with something that has already been shown to halt the growth of tumors. So it doesn't really halt the growth, it just helps another chemical halt the growth. Taking Aloe Vera on its own will not halt the growth of tumors. he sort of says it as a side note, but before that he greatly exaggerated the effects. And saying it "destroys cancer tumors," is a complete fabrication. It's only been shown to halt their spread, never an actual reduction.

Sigh, this is why I NEVER believe anything Natural News says. They are liars. End of story.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I have a huge aloe vera plant in my kitchen. As other posters have said, it's awesome for burn injuries.

I'm curious as to how I could use this plant internally. Juice it with something? The liquid inside the leaves is slimy and it kind of stinks, I cannot imagine eating it raw.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by RooskiZombi

Personally, natural medicine helped me recover from the early stages of cervical cancer, so I can confidently say from my own experiences that there are so many incredible natural remedies readily available aside from depending on the Pharma thieves.

are you saying Aloe Vera helped you recover or another medicine? This is a thread about Aloe Vera.

Yes, there are some great natural remedies, I wouldn't trust natural news about them though. They GREATLY EXAGGERATE things, and outright lie a lot.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   
I buy organic Aloe Vera gel by the gallon, use it in a lot of products I make. Great for your skin...

I'm glad you posted this thread for many to read the awesomeness of Aloe Vera. But, I will continue to use my own supplier.....

Des
edit on 22-1-2013 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375
Just as I thought, those studies are highly suspect, and don't really say what the author of that article claims.
I don't even think he actually read the studies, just the titles.

One study said, "There are major caveats associated with all of these statements."

The "destroys cancer tumors" claim is the most laughable one. Most of the studies he links to only have the words tumor cells and aloe vera in the title. There's one study that shows a slight improvement, but it's only when it's used in conjunction with something that has already been shown to halt the growth of tumors. So it doesn't really halt the growth, it just helps another chemical halt the growth. Taking Aloe Vera on its own will not halt the growth of tumors. he sort of says it as a side note, but before that he greatly exaggerated the effects. And saying it "destroys cancer tumors," is a complete fabrication. It's only been shown to halt their spread, never an actual reduction.

Sigh, this is why I NEVER believe anything Natural News says. They are liars. End of story.

Here is what the Natural News article says:

Personally, I believe that anyone wishing to prevent or cure cancer should seriously investigate aloe vera as part of their recipe for eliminating cancer for life. I wouldn't rely solely on aloe vera, especially since there are dozens of cancer cures that are now well known in naturopathic medicine. Combining the right herbs (like cat's claw), superfoods (like spirulina), advanced therapies (like intravenous vitamin C), oxygen therapy and other modalities will give you the best results when battling any form of cancer. Work with a naturopathic physician to learn more.

It recommends using it as an adjunct to eliminating cancer.

As usual, you throw the baby out with the bathwater.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Oh, here's why he's actually writing it:

The reason I'm writing about aloe vera now is because a company I know here in Arizona called Good Cause Wellness (website link censored) has launched a line of low-temperature dried aloe vera & berry products that you can use as ingredients in any smoothie. Learn more: www.naturalnews.com...

Which means if you click that website link, he gets a commission. If you think naturalnews is better than the pharmaceutical industry, you are sadly mistaken. Just look at all those ads on their website....ridiculous.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by FissionSurplus

Taking Aloe Vera on its own will not halt the growth of tumors. he sort of says it as a side note, but before that he greatly exaggerated the effects. And saying it "destroys cancer tumors," is a complete fabrication. It's only been shown to halt their spread, never an actual reduction.

Here is what the Natural News article says:

It recommends using it as an adjunct to eliminating cancer.

As usual, you throw the baby out with the bathwater.

I clearly mention that, and I explain why it doesn't matter that he added a little side note. Everything he said before that point tried to paint it off as aloe vera is a cure for cancer. It's not recommending it as an adjunct. There's a paragraph about how it's a cure for cancer, then there's a side note, "you might not want to take it alone". He doesn't explain this. He completely leaves out the fact it's never been shown to eliminate cancer, alone or in even in conjunction with anything else.

The things he does mention aren't even things that was used in the study!!!!
intravenous vitamin C is a cure for cancer? c'mon.

The fact is melatonin was shown to lower the progression of a specific type of cancer, and taken with aloe vera, the effects were increased. he does NOT mention melatonin, which means taking aloe vera with the things he mentions won't do anything, at least there's no evidence for it. So his disclaimer isn't even an accurate disclaimer.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 07:51 PM
link   
If you ever have to work with fiber glass and get itchy skin use aloe cream too...it really does work.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Right. And they're the main offenders of companies fabricating the truth for a profit. Everyone does it. The OP stated specifically that we should keep an open mind. Something you're obviously unable to do.

Something that has been helping people medicinally for over 3,000 years is something worth looking into. If you want to let how other people fabricate the truth get in the way of common sense that's your perogative. We grew up with aloe vera plants in our home to supplement our medicine cabinet. It does work and it has many different and effective applications. Diaper rash being one of them.

edit on 23-1-2013 by Taupin Desciple because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 09:13 AM
link   
I had a really difficult time drinking g Aloe Vera juice. I forgot why someone recomendated it to me maybe overall health. Any suggestions? Is there flavored or tablets/gelcaps?

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 10:58 AM
link   
aloe vera is one of my essential, and i mean essential, medicinal plants!! i've been using it for years, i've known for a long time about it's healing properties vis a vis burns, but recently my friend's been using it on her daughters chapped lips and it's already working better than anything else!

the other essentials are organic coconut oil and manuka honey... between the three of them they can sooth and cure most minor ailments!

s and f for a great thread

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by RooskiZombi

are you saying Aloe Vera helped you recover or another medicine? This is a thread about Aloe Vera.

Yes, there are some great natural remedies, I wouldn't trust natural news about them though. They GREATLY EXAGGERATE things, and outright lie a lot.

Obviously Aloe Vera helped me, why else would I make a thread about it

And yes, this was supplemented with other natural sources but hey, I've been in the clear for over a year now after several checkups for abnormal cell growth and I haven't even had a cold/flu.
edit on 23-1-2013 by RooskiZombi because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join