It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For or Against:Overpopulation is a myth

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   
It is my belief that concept of overpopulation of human being on earth is a myth purported by anti-human globalists to rationalize genocide,state sponsored,tyranny and human culling. If everyone on earth can fit in the state of texas with a 1248 square feet room.

That is if they don't build high rises,buildings,underground cities(like the ozark arkansas' underground supercomplex) etc. Think Tokyo or New York City.

With our current technology we can "humanize" desert,mountains or swampland etc. with enough time and effort.
Hey we built panama canal and hoover dam.

Are you for or against the globalist sponsored overpopulation myth?

edit on 22-1-2013 by John_Rodger_Cornman because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-1-2013 by John_Rodger_Cornman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   
It a BIG FAT lie.

If every human on this planet were placed into an area the size of Texas it would have the same density as the population of London. The entire rest of the planet would be empty!!! Kinda puts it into perspective doesnt it.

That said, because we ARE like a plague on this earth I can see that one day, many years in the future, we will have to consider population control, unless we learn how to get of this planet in large numbers.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Are you for or against the globalist sponsored overpopulation myth?

That's a bit loaded wouldnt you say?

I personally think that overpopulation is a very real thing. Not from the perspective that there isnt room or the resources on this planet to support this high an amount, but more fro the perspective that we are out of balance with the earth. We are the only species on earth that does not have to self regulate population-we actually defy natural selection, with our technology.

I also agree that population control is a very slippery slope, but I do think that it can be done responsibly.
edit on 22-1-2013 by captaintyinknots because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by John_Rodger_Cornman

Overpopulation is a myth.

Underpopulation is a possibility.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   

A lot of people think overpopulation means an overly large number of human bodies walking the earth at the same time. This is not so.

Right now there's plenty of room on the earth, but also right now there are enough people so that if (when) the global economy collapses, our 7 billion humans will rush off into the woods to kill and eat everything that crawls, walks, swims, flies, or grows.

We are overpopulated right now, to the point where WE would be the cause of an extinction level event if (when) our way of life crumbles.
edit on 1/22/2013 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Overpopulation is a complete and total farce. It is not true, don't believe a word of it.

There is more than enough resources on this planet to feed 20 billion people, without even using up our resources.

The problem, is greed. Period.

Greed is the overpopulation problem. Without greed, there is abundance, everywhere. Just go into any grocery store and look at all the food. Its just sitting there, on the shelf, not being used by anyone, a lot of it I'm sure will go bad and be thrown out. We live in a throw away society.

We have made the mistake of putting a lock and key on food, and that is causing all sorts of so called population problems. Remove that lock and key, and suddenly we live in a world of abundance where every man woman and child can have their fair share of everything they could possibly need.

But now, go back to work, earn your 15 dollars an hour and believe that you earned the right to have more than others.

Its an illusion. A prison, that we are perpetually kept in.
edit on 22-1-2013 by xxshadowfaxx because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Overpopulation isn't about how much room there is. Obviously we could fit a untold amounts of people on earth here, but resources and necessities are the biggest problem. I'm not saying overpopulation is something mankind has to worry about immediately, but if population grows annually then we will run out of things. Actually, if more people live than die every single year then eventually we would run out of room on the planet regardless, of course we would be dead in the water long before that.

People need resources to live, we need food, water, waste disposal (not just trash, but you know....everybody poops), housing, etc. The list will go on and on, sure you could fit all the people of the world in one state but they would have no shelter, no way to produce food, nowhere to do their "business" and things of that sort. Also for most things we have become depended upon to live we need factories and plants of all kinds to produce it. This also cuts into resources on planet earth, a lot of things we use are finite resources. Like lumber for example, we would run out of lumber eventually because we couldn't save land to grow more trees as it would eventually be needed as space for people to live.

I understand there is no reason at this point to fear monger people with overpopulation, but is just a basic matter of numbers. If we live on earth forever and keep growing in population we will run out of room, however, I am 100% sure that we would run out of vital resources long before that. That to me is the true problem with a growing population, how do we sustain it with finite resources?

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 06:31 PM
link   
You realise that a huge proportion of the land on this planet is Tundra, desert, artic areas etc etc

Were not overpopulated in terms of size, plenty of room, not overpopulated in terms of food as most of whats produced is thrown out anyway but once Asia and Africa catch up with the west and all of them start wanting 3 bedroom houses with 2 cars, a big screen tv in every room, new Iphones etc etc then we are gonna have a huge resource shortage.

I think for the way we live we are over populated, Im actually a believer in the 3 child policy
1 child to replace you
1 child to replace your spouse
1 child to replace someone out there who cant or doesnt end up having kids for whatever reason

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

This is because the system has kept us from learning our true nature. The system has kept us dependant on living a life of leisure and instant gratification. Everything comes too easy to us, as long as we get a job and make a little money, we just have to travel to a corner store for all our basic needs.

This does not teach us how to live. It teaches us how to avoid living all together.

So when the system does crumble, and it will. People will be doing just like you have described. Hunting and eating every possible thing there is. It will cause a massive hunger problem, and it will seem like we are over populated. But what it really is, is poor management of resources, and a lack of knowledge of how to live.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 06:34 PM
link   
We can produce enough food(corn,rice,plantains etc) and we can have enough resources(biofuels,enthanol,hydrogen,solar,thorium etc).

I don't believe that.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Overpopulation isn't about available space its about resources...

Look at Africa, they have tons of space but no resources to feed themselves, China eat's insects as a main source of protein because they don't have enough.

Not long into the future you might be eating creepy crawly's too... www.worldchanging.com...

The raising of livestock such as cows, pigs and sheep occupies two-thirds of the world's farmland

Add to that fields for growing crops, what do think will happen when we start to expand into this farmland?

Population goes up... farm land goes down = more people... less food, you don't have be a scientist to work out the math there its very simple.
edit on 22-1-2013 by roughycannon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 06:39 PM
link   

I think overpopulation is real. Just because there is enough land area to house more people doesn't mean we that are population can just keep growing just because we have space. The true concerns lies in available resources and damage to the environment compounding resource issues. Technically even if we are capable of increasing our population ever further, resources WILL be an issue eventually unless we begin to realistically colonize space.

I suppose I could be wrong but unless we see som very crazy advances in technology, I doubt I am. What happens when China runs out of water?

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by xxshadowfaxx

Where did you get that resource calculation? I see no link and I don't believe you.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by John_Rodger_Cornman
It is my belief that concept of overpopulation of human being on earth is a myth.........................................Are you for or against the globalist sponsored overpopulation myth?

A myth? Well lets think about this a bit more.

The earth currently has a population of approx. 7.2 Billion and growing everyday.
World agriculture is being bombarded by droughts, significant climate variations affecting the amount of seedable land.
Drinking water is rapidly being depleted via consumption, pollution, chemical leaks.
Natural resources, such as oil, trees, consumable water, quality of air (just look at Beijing today), vaccines being depleted, power/electrical shortages, rain forest stripping which impacts air quality.
Deserts are growing, not retreating.
Increased life-span
economic repercussions (destablization of entire countries)

Just the tip of things off the top of my head.

So, have we reached the tipping point where we are about to self-destruct? No, not yet. However, if we do not change or find alternatives to the above problems, in an ever growing world population, I fear that there could be a significant world event based upon the simple concept of supply versus demand. It's obvious, demand is currently reaching critical mass upon supply.

The question is not about physical space on how many people can be added in a given space, the question is how to sustain them?

So IMHO, overpopulation is not a myth, however to say there is a global conspiracy by TPTB are perpetrating to eliminate a large portion of the population, yeah, I'd say that is a myth.

Peace!! ID

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   
If something like 6 billion people can live in Texas, then why don't they open the borders and let all the illegal immigrants move to Texas?

I hear these preachers saying we can all live happily in Brewster County Texas, but they're not exactly encouraging a practical experiment to prove this.

Why not, if they really think it's true?

Perhaps not all, but certainly millions of Ethiopians, Somalians, Zimbabweans and many others would like to come too.
edit on 22-1-2013 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Depending on the quality of life for the population & the other species on the planet, we are both over and under populated.

To support the "lifestyle" that Americans enjoy, there isn't enough land/clean water on this planet.

Derek

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Myth. Btw I think it was Jim Mars that said the whole population could live comfortably in texas. I'm really curious about this, I wonder how much room he considers comfortable.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by John_Rodger_Cornman
We can produce enough food(corn,rice,plantains etc) and we can have enough resources(biofuels,enthanol,hydrogen,solar,thorium etc).

I don't believe that.

Where do you think those things come from, out of thin air? You need space to produce it, and there is a lot of land on earth that is completely unusable in just an agriculture sense. The Gobi desert alone is roughly 500,000 sq miles of worthless land to populations. You won't be growing or doing anything for your bio-fuels there, we need factories, plants, farms, etc to make these things happen. Hundreds of years down the road it will be a very serious problem if we continue at this pace.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Viesczy
Depending on the quality of life for the population & the other species on the planet, we are both over and under populated.

To support the "lifestyle" that Americans enjoy, there isn't enough land/clean water on this planet.

Derek

Yes, it is totally just Americans who live such terrible lifestyles. It's not like China is dealing with toxic levels of smog in their air right now or anything, they live such clean lifestyles compared to Americans.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Just a few points to ponder:

Alarming rate of arable loss of land
Pollution and runoff further destructing our land and water
Deforestation
Escalated loss of natural habitats for the worlds animal populations
Two huge swirling masses of debris in both the Atlantic and Pacific
Huge drop in sea creatures and reefs
Apathy with large number of humans

The list could go on and on and on. We are too many and need to address a one child policy worldwide. Otherwise, we become like the inhabitants of Easter Island.....EXTINCT. Please do your research..

top topics

<<   2 >>

join