learn more

Obama and Liberals are a Threat

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by darkbake

Interesting how you feel the need to put yourself in a category. I prefer to be non-affiliated. That way I dont have to ever change who I am. I also dont need to lie to anyone for fear that they may turn against me.

As soon as you join any of those movements you commit yourself to the agenda of the group. Over time, agendas shift and you find yourself in an uncomfortable position. This is a symptom of culture. Culture is not your friend.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Mike.Ockizard

Culture is SO not your friend, it is most definitely the enemy. Unfortunately, I haven't figured out how to escape from culture once I moved to Idaho - it is so heavy here that you start to believe it's true no matter how hard you fight it.

Thanks, I'll try not to categorize myself. The people I admire most are the people that are able to go about their own lives without worrying what other people think. And they are the happiest, and most unaffected by disasters.
edit on 22-1-2013 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 10:26 PM
link   

i think what you are searching for is LIBERTY.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by bjax9er

That would be absolutely correct, sir.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 10:53 PM
link   

So becoming a Christian, Right Wing conservative, female doormat is an alternative?
reply to post by olaru12

I was thinking the same thing when I read the OP. If you're a feminist, the last thing you would want to align yourself with is the republican party.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by WeRpeons

So becoming a Christian, Right Wing conservative, female doormat is an alternative?
reply to post by olaru12

I was thinking the same thing when I read the OP. If you're a feminist, the last thing you would want to align yourself with is the republican party.

No kidding. I would prefer promoting responsible feminism. With great power, comes great responsibility.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 12:59 AM
link   
"I used to be a liberal. I used to be an atheist. I used to be a feminist. And I still might be"
i am a warrior, satanist/odinist/cromist, and a dualist and will remain as such. let all the mental synapses fire as lightning ablaze in the northern sky. take care, take heart as drums sound in the deep. drums in the deep

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by rockoperawriter

What does Crawley's "Do as you will" mean? That came up in another thread.
edit on 23-1-2013 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 01:33 AM
link   

because i will do as i will, i will interperet as i will. my interpretation is that i will remain unbound by the constraints of malevolence as long as i am in this vessel. so be it to my own end i will pursue personal freedom and influence others to do so as water carves stone

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by darkbake

What does CrOwley's "Do as you will" mean? That came up in another thread.

personal responsibility.
which [and i mean this in a constructive way] seems to be what your OP wants, too.
it's all very well and good going by these labels and definitions and boxes
but at the end of the day what is important is the thoughts, feelings, and actions they inspire in you.
example; you may or may not be an athiest anymore? that's understandable, theological ground is ever unstable.
but because your peers do things under that label? again, no offence, but that is ridiculous.
atheism is about whether you believe in god or not. that's pretty much it.
doesn't matter what you do with that or where you go; don't believe and you are an atheist.
my advice would be to pay less attention to what people ascribe their actions to
and more on the actions themselves.
do what is right by you.
let THAT be the whole of the law.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 03:19 AM
link   
Conservatives are just as much of a threat. I would say more of a threat.

They're bigoted, anti-equality, and anti-freedom in most cases. They'd love to take America back to the 1950's socially and 1800's economically.

Total nightmare.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 03:30 AM
link   
We need to stop calling them "liberals". Im a very liberal person...."live and let live", "tolerate a great variety of viewpoints", "love diversity of cultures". And as a liberal and free-thinking person I cant possibly support the fierce totalitarian/communistoid/eco-fascist/religion-hating/success-hating monsters calling themselves "liberals" these days.

These certain types of liberals arent "liberal" about anything. They want to have everything controlled, regulated, "made equal", enforced, collectivized. They run around as PC-thought-police and ostracize anyone who disagrees with them.

We need to stop calling them "liberals". True liberals are people who are easy-going, good-willed and tolerant (not only of minorities, but of anyone).
edit on 23-1-2013 by Skyfloating because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Well, that sounds a lot like my philosophy. Which is basically where I'm coming from when I rail on both Democrats and Republicans. I just got "The Book of Thoth" in the mail.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
We need to stop calling them "liberals". Im a very liberal person...."live and let live", "tolerate a great variety of viewpoints", "love diversity of cultures". And as a liberal and free-thinking person I cant possibly support the fierce totalitarian/communistoid/eco-fascist/religion-hating/success-hating monsters calling themselves "liberals" these days.

These certain types of liberals arent "liberal" about anything. They want to have everything controlled, regulated, "made equal", enforced, collectivized. They run around as PC-thought-police and ostracize anyone who disagrees with them.

We need to stop calling them "liberals". True liberals are people who are easy-going, good-willed and tolerant (not only of minorities, but of anyone).
edit on 23-1-2013 by Skyfloating because: (no reason given)

I agree with you so much on this! So much! They aren't liberals at all! When I realized that, I got sick of them, detested them. I would go so far as to call them sell-outs, tools and fakes as well as easily manipulated.

Meanwhile, I completely agree with your interpretation of being a liberal.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by WaterBottle
Conservatives are just as much of a threat. I would say more of a threat.

They're bigoted, anti-equality, and anti-freedom in most cases. They'd love to take America back to the 1950's socially and 1800's economically.

Total nightmare.

Both parties are about an equal threat, but I would assess their threat levels as highly dangerous to individual liberty, so it doesn't really matter.

I will encounter conservatives that really piss me off because they are so closed-minded one day, and liberals that really piss me off because they are so totalitarian and intolerant and discourage personal achievement / goal setting, as well as promote what has been scientifically proven to be an unhealthy social structure (dating multiple people at once, etc.).

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by decepticonLaura

Originally posted by darkbake

What does CrOwley's "Do as you will" mean? That came up in another thread.

personal responsibility.
which [and i mean this in a constructive way] seems to be what your OP wants, too.
it's all very well and good going by these labels and definitions and boxes
but at the end of the day what is important is the thoughts, feelings, and actions they inspire in you.
example; you may or may not be an athiest anymore? that's understandable, theological ground is ever unstable.
but because your peers do things under that label? again, no offence, but that is ridiculous.
atheism is about whether you believe in god or not. that's pretty much it.
doesn't matter what you do with that or where you go; don't believe and you are an atheist.
my advice would be to pay less attention to what people ascribe their actions to
and more on the actions themselves.
do what is right by you.
let THAT be the whole of the law.

That is great. And personal responsibility brings with it the freedom to do that.

I am not entirely as free or as in charge of my own financial situation as I would like, and the same thing goes to many in my age group (mid 20's) who left college and entered a dead economy. Most people my age I know are living with parents or grandparents.

I am lucky enough to be renting a room from a best friend who bought a house, and I finally got a car, now I am looking for steady work, it is a long process. I am relying on my parents for things like health insurance, car insurance and my cell phone bill.

I am living with my best friends, and we are working on fixing up the house, in the summer we are going to fence the yard and stuff like that -

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 04:06 AM
link   

The children of Doom...Doom's children. They told my lord the way to the mountain of power..they told him to throw down his m-14 and return to the earth. Hah! Time enough for the earth in the grave

edit on 23-1-2013 by rockoperawriter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 04:13 AM
link   

I will sum it up. Through different methods (both sides want to make it completely wrong to think in the opposite manner, which is retarded, because that will never happen) conservatives and liberals are taking away our personal freedom.

Liberals take it away by passing totalitarian laws, reducing freedom of speech, gun control (a heavily armed populace is, in my opinion, just as important as voting), and promoting lifestyles that SEEM to be happy and full of rainbows and unicorns but will actually result in people who aren't able to stand up for themselves because they never learned how to, or how to support themselves.

Conservatives take away our personal freedom by limiting rights to gays and women, as well as, once again, trying to keep people from doing things that don't agree with their religious agenda.

Why support either side? Because you feel like there is peer pressure or something? Peer pressure to what, lead this country straight into Civil War and destruction? Really? Okay - a calm question - you are on or are reading AboveTopSecret.com. I don't see how peer pressure should be an issue, or critical thinking skills, or the ability to disagree with some of your political party, and agree with some of the opposing political party.

How can anyone have a good, calm debate if they aren't used to talking to people with other viewpoints to them in their everyday lives? How can either side expect to make progress if their idea of communication skills is blocking out everything the other side is saying, and then screaming their viewpoints out, while simultaneously trying to stifle their opponents with laws preventing them from expressing themselves? I mean liberals even pass laws limiting their own ability to express themselves in some cases.

I think that there are good people on both sides, and those are the people that we need to see working together to form a better future, and forming a plan that includes a positive solution, compromises and such.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 04:26 AM
link   

The political system in America should be about listening to your opponents, learning from what they have to say, and then saying your piece so that the opponents can learn what you have to say, and then working together to pick and choose the best parts of both.

It shouldn't be about picking and choosing the WORST parts of both parties agendas because the parties want to fling dung at each other.

Let us take an example - welfare. We want a welfare system that is able to support those in need, and even allow them to live comfortably! But we also need a system that gives them a ladder to climb so that they can reach the point of independence and personal fulfillment without being dependent. The best way to do this would be to design a system that makes the people want to, and have fun doing it.

Education - we need to start taking education seriously, and stop pulling funding from schools that are in need of it because they can't pass standardized tests. We need to teach more critical thinking skills. We need to re-evaluate our evaluation system.

Communication - We need to promote through advertisements and other ethical means a society in which people stop texting each other and learn to communicate in person once again. I have a hunch that texting might help with communication, but it still hinders in-person contact and also is a distraction.

We need to promote a society where it is normal to hear opposing viewpoints when socializing so that people aren't scared of them, and we need to promote proper debate skills.

Society - We need to promote a society where the dating scene is a lot healthier, and there is more family stability for the children, while still maintaining equal rights for men and women.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 04:33 AM
link   

peer pressure. it's not unlike soldiers following orders in one light. under the black sleep the dead consume eachother in a cannibal holocaust, draining their followers of life as if they were the impulsive upir. the cheering for either party echoes like the execution stadiums in which mao attended. now we face the howling of lobotomized unknowingly doomed spectators who make a mockery of their own species. how i long for refuge in the wilderness

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join