join

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkbake

Originally posted by JuniorBeauchamp

reply to post by JuniorBeauchamp

Yeah, free will is a big thing for me

What exactly do you mean by "free will"?

I believe in a soul for sure

You know of course that is counter-intuitive to the Darwinist model of evolution where everything came from nothing by natural processes, and that a soul has no advantage in natural selection, therefore is contrary to naturalism.

and the creative power life brings that is different than that of a rock.

It is a law of the universe that life produces life.

The naturalists want you to believe that you evolved from a rock.

The Law of First Cause states that in order to have something, there first had to be something else.

So, the question is, what do you get from nothing?

Free will to me means that I can choose to do whatever I want to regardless of anything.

Would you agree that your "will" is directed by the desires of your heart?

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Exactly, and there are so many problems with our current legislative system ranging from earmarks, to complete lies about the intentions and contents of a bill, to politicians not even spending the time to read them, to politicians spending more time raking in cash and working on special interest projects than doing their job, to politicians being arrogant, it is a huge mess.

I mean we have politicians trying to make a difference, but how is that even possible when they don't have all the facts and almost all of what they hear themselves is misinformation?
edit on 22-1-2013 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

link   

reply to post by Pedro4077

The creative power of the universe most probably has nothing to do with a Christian deity.

Why do you say that?

Do you know everything there is to know, perfectly?

link   

Originally posted by Zanti Misfit

OK , you have a RIGHT in a Free Society to Feel that , but Riddle me This Batman , where were you BEFORE you Arrived here on Planet Earth ? .........

i297.photobucket.com...

Just Hanging around - Chilling

edit on 22-1-2013 by Pedro4077 because: (no reason given)

link   

In neither case NO.

The fact is Obama and what passes for liberals today seek to use government to make up for massive short comings in the current "wildlife".

Who would undoubtedly perish without Government interventionism.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   

The creative power of the universe most probably has nothing to do with a Christian deity.

Why do you say that?

No, I wish I did. Then I could actually do something positive for people without being human and messing things up.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Yeah, free will is a big thing for me

What exactly do you mean by "free will"?

I believe in a soul for sure

You know of course that is counter-intuitive to the Darwinist model of evolution where everything came from nothing by natural processes, and that a soul has no advantage in natural selection, therefore is contrary to naturalism.

and the creative power life brings that is different than that of a rock.

It is a law of the universe that life produces life.

The naturalists want you to believe that you evolved from a rock.

The Law of First Cause states that in order to have something, there first had to be something else.

So, the question is, what do you get from nothing?

Well, I'm not so into the natural processes thing. I think the average Darwinist is blind to the creative power needed for their whole belief system to function.

Well, so far you are not coming across as an atheist.

link   
I am a senior citizen and can honestly say that women have far more power than men in the big picture. I understand that the younger you are, the less believable that statement is. However, it is a fact that even when it comes to the POTUS there is always a woman beside him. I am sure they share thoughts. Eleanor Roosevelt more than likely ran the country for a time when Teddy was gravely ill.
The fact that men and women are different is a wonderful thing. Together we are whole. Seperate we are but 1 piece of a puzzle. If you are a woman, be a woman. Hopefully you will find the other piece of your puzzle. I am not a woman so i can't honestly give advise on being a woman. You are what you are and you are where you are. You can only change one.
As far as politics goes, be happy that you at least question it. Most people couldn't tell you what Congress is. As far as political affiliation, it really comes down to the man. They tell you anything you want to hear to get elected and then do as they please. The only perfect President there has ever been was George Washington. By all accounts anyway.

link   

I suppose - although I think there are scientific explanations for free will and the soul that can and will be explored in the future, and that religion is a tool used to control the masses just like any other political philosophy, including liberalism.

So call me what you will, I am what I am, who the hell knows what that is.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Why do you say that?

No, I wish I did.

Since you don't, then on what basis did you say this:

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Look, as Obama said in his Inauguration Speech, the issues of our time demand action NOW.

The country is moving forward.

I can't honestly say that I'm comfortable with *all* of it but I am also not the only person living on this island and I realize we have an obligation to our kids and future generations to at least aspire to be better than we were.

We won't be perfect and the variables will be ever-changing but going backwards is not an option if we want success.

On a side note, it's amusing that people are surprised that a Democratic President - elected twice - would have a Progressive agenda.

It's not a conspiracy....

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 07:04 PM
link   

I suppose - although I think there are scientific explanations for free will and the soul

What would those be?

that can and will be explored in the future, and that religion is a tool used to control the masses just like any other political philosophy, including liberalism.

Unfortunately, religion has been used to control people, even some claiming to be Christian, especially during the Dark Ages, I am sad to say, but they did so in contradiction and violation of the teachings of Christ, the Bible and early church.

But, selfish, self serving humans desiring power will use most anything to control people; food, water, sex, money, etc, etc.

So call me what you will, I am what I am, who the hell knows what that is.

I'm not calling you anything. I was simply saying that you do not come across as an atheist. Nothing more.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

This nation is moving backwards to the same policies that is the biggest problem in this country that harkens back to "the new deal" and this is leaving our children with a more powerful government than what we inherited less freedoms than our fathers, and grandfathers once had.

And a financial burden that is unparallel in world history.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

In neither case NO.

The fact is Obama and what passes for liberals today seek to use government to make up for massive short comings in the current "wildlife".

Who would undoubtedly perish without Government interventionism.

I have no idea what you are responding to.

Please try using the quote feature.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by kosmicjack
Look, as Obama said in his Inauguration Speech, the issues of our time demand action NOW.

I can't honestly say that I'm comfortable with *all* of it but I am also not the only person living on this island and I realize we have an obligation to our kids and future generations to at least aspire to be better than we were.

We won't be perfect and the variables will be ever-changing but going backwards is not an option if we want success.

Well if ATS is any indication of what direction we are heading, it's in the wrong direction. I haven't seen this type of bitterness and vitriol in quite some time. It's getting worse!!

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmiec

I applaud you, sir. Gender roles are being redefined, but you give a very accurate and positive description of how things used to be. Things are much less clear now and I respect your way of life deeply, there are a lot of issues we have to deal with as a society that have never been dealt with before.

I am not sure what the root causes of these issues are. A feminist I talked to once told me it was the industrial revolution, that once women weren't needed in a relationship due to the efficiency of machines, they lost equality and respect, and this lead to them seeking it once more.

The advent of electronics like the internet and texting have brought new challenges to be faced. Gender roles are being redefined, as is the whole family structure. How does transgender dating work, what about a guy who thinks like a girl who wants to date a girl who thinks like a guy, what about urban tribes (groups of guys or girls living together with no family ties?)

No one knows what is going on, I don't think? I certainly don't?

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by olaru12

I think ATS is a fairly good indication of the direction our country is headed in, which is polarization and bitterness between people who are unwilling to consider each other's viewpoints.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

I agree the country is moving forward - but there are challenges to be faced. Just like there are challenges to be faced in my personal life. And they are fairly large ones, so . . . they might not all be handled perfectly. In both cases.

I just hope that things turn out okay for everyone.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   

reply to post by olaru12

I think ATS is a fairly good indication of the direction our country is headed in, which is polarization and bitterness between people who are unwilling to consider each other's viewpoints.

I have been labeled a "people like you" who are exactly people like us?

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 07:17 PM
link   

There are quite a few different deities in this world that are being worshiped today

Hinduism has over 350 million deities even.

and I don't see how any of them that claim to be monotheist have any credibility considering they are competing with other monotheist Gods.

Why do you say that?

Do you believe in truth?

The only credibility I can give them is that in their particular belief system, there is only room for one way of thinking

Every religion thinks it is right.

while polytheistic belief systems have room for multiple ways of thinking or role models

Even polytheists think they are right.

So, the question is, which truly is.

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join