learn more

Obama and Liberals are a Threat

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by darkbake

The most attractive thing to me about a woman is her strength and pride in herself! However you decide to reinvent yourself; keep it real! Do it for yourself, to be as happy as you possibly can be.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   

I would like to know why you believe liberals, atheists and feminists are bringing our country to ruin?

CJ

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Zanti Misfit

Oh God, if you think about the plan for the future, it is going to be a complete disaster. Without cohesive family units or trust and respect between friends or love partners, that's just one issue, then we have the fact that everyone is going to be wanting to be spoon-fed by the government instead of producing something, which leads to the double problem of

A) Reduced tax revenues to support the people on welfare, AND
B) The government having the authority to create laws limiting people's freedom because the people are being fed directly by Uncle Sam.

Who controls you? Probably who controls your money, right? I mean, money is how you get food and everything.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by ColoradoJens

Ah, this is from my personal experience with the younger generation out in the field. I just think there is a difference between the ideology and the results. It could have a lot to do with people who aren't so intelligent misinterpreting the moral rights that atheism and feminism gives them. Or I could be completely wrong.

I don't see the reason to pretend I know what I'm talking about anymore. I'm just throwing ideas out there.
edit on 22-1-2013 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Actually the only ism at work is darwinism get rid of the predators and there will only be one predator left-Government because the only thing they have done is create a nation of easy pickens,.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Hmmm........Sounds Alot Like the Former Roman Empire ..........

SPQR .........................The EMPIRE FIRST ! ..................?......
edit on 22-1-2013 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Oh, the liberals do create easy pickings. I am definitely not going to disagree with this. If anyone wants to take this argument on with me in a civil and more scholarly manner, I am willing.

Totalitarianism: A Step-by-Step Guide

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Fair enough. I don't think being a liberal atheist or feminist is a bad thing. It is simply when people choose these labels and then don't take the time to educate themselves on what it "really" means. Now venture to the other side, which exists with the younger generation even if you haven't parsed with them, and you'll see very similar examples. In other words, being a liberal or atheist (how many are there really?) or feminist is the same as being a neo-con, my god is better than your god or women belong in the home person. Just different words, same results.

CJ

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by olaru12

The most attractive thing to me about a woman is her strength and pride in herself! However you decide to reinvent yourself; keep it real! Do it for yourself, to be as happy as you possibly can be.

Oh I agree completely! But the problem today is that women don't understand that they have a responsibility to those weaker than them, that the idea is not to go full-on towards self-improvement while leaving others dead on the side of the road.

When I was experiencing my feminine side, I was ALWAYS mindful and aware of those who were not as aware of their surroundings of me, and I NEVER screwed someone over because they weren't as socially able.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   
I think you need to take away all these labels and just be a "Humanist"

Don't blindly follow Liberals or Conservatives - They both Rob You, while pointing the finger at eachother.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Yeah totally.

link   

Originally posted by darkbake
reply to post by olaru12

You probably shouldn't, I already told you I still haven't finished considering whether or not to stop being an atheist, feminist and liberal. But I am considering it.

Statists, whether from the so called "right", or "left" are threats to liberty.

link   

Well Chief , Ignorance by Any Other Name is Still..............

There's Always One in Every Family Nowadays............

i297.photobucket.com...

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 06:33 PM
link   

reply to post by Pedro4077

Let's just say I used to frequent feminist websites, and there is some good stuff on there, but maybe feminism is being misinterpreted by the masses as women not having responsibilities their in relationships?

How exactly do you define "feminism"?

I know how I do, from a Christian/Biblical perspective, but how do you?

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by olaru12

Oh I agree completely! But the problem today is that women don't understand that they have a responsibility to those weaker than them, that the idea is not to go full-on towards self-improvement while leaving others dead on the side of the road.

Well your first mistake so far is making broad generalizations. Moderation and truth will help convince people rather than painting with a broom.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 06:34 PM
link   

I think any sort of idealism—whether it be for liberalism or conservatism or feminism—is the threat. It can come from all over the spectrum.

Basically all of Nietzsche's work as a whole is a tirade against this sort of idealism if you're interested in some good philosophy on the subject.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by olaru12

I have trouble making broad generalizations. I'm trying to work on being more specific and treating each individual and situation differently, I've been working on that for a long time.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Pedro4077

Humanists just Cannot Conceive of a " Creator God " as an Explaination to Our Meat Machine Human Existance .......... Strike One.............Fastball Inside ! .........

link   

reply to post by olaru12

No, that would be a terrible decision. I'm looking for something more moderate. Like women being respected and having freedom, but knowing how to use that freedom in a responsible manner -

The history of humanity is one of humans being self serving, selfish creatures, for the most part.

I understand your quest for the ideal, which is a noble quest, and should be engaged in, but it is the exception rather than the norm in the history of humanity.

link   
reply to post by JuniorBeauchamp

I don't know what feminism is, and I've been studying it for a while. I would wager it would be something along the lines of allowing females to have their own resources so that they could be equal to men, and then men and women could have a relationship on an equal level.

I don't have a problem with that at all, my problem is... more complicated than that.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join